No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Their algorithms must be really skewed towards low-fat & grains. Silly. There's an optional biometrics thing you can sign up for through my insurance. My ratings have always been poor and unfortunately, my cholesterol levels weren't great at the time of the screening either. Whatever, it doesn't affect any kind of coverage.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      As a teacher, my first job is to make them love me, then we work out the kinks. This works for most kids.
      Can you teach this to my oldest step daughter? She's a teacher, but is working at an after school program while she's finishing up her masters. Her idea of teaching is to first make them OBEY her. She says she doesn't care if they like her or not - as long as she has control that's all that matters. I don't think she will be a very effective teacher with that kind of attitude.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I can't say I've ever given them the true answer, when it comes to diet. I tell them what they want to hear. I tell the truth on existing conditions and family history, which is what bones me every time. When I tell it my grandfather died of lung cancer, it freaks out and jacks my rating sky high. Of course, it doesn't ask whether he smoked, which he did, heavily. When I tell it my mother has depression and my sister has ADHD, it freaks out and skews again, even when I neglect to mention that I was once treated for depression and ADHD myself.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
          Can you teach this to my oldest step daughter? She's a teacher, but is working at an after school program while she's finishing up her masters. Her idea of teaching is to first make them OBEY her. She says she doesn't care if they like her or not - as long as she has control that's all that matters. I don't think she will be a very effective teacher with that kind of attitude.
          I can tell you that they teachers I learned the most from and that stick in my head are the ones that loved me as I was and encouraged me to spread my wings. The ones I learned the least from and despised most were the "sit down, shut up, I don't care how far ahead you are" teachers.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm jumping back in - but not reading over the past week........ hope all is well! I did read the glowing report on your kids! Makes a momma's heart warm when her kids are doing well! Shame on the teacher from kindergarten!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              I can tell you that they teachers I learned the most from and that stick in my head are the ones that loved me as I was and encouraged me to spread my wings. The ones I learned the least from and despised most were the "sit down, shut up, I don't care how far ahead you are" teachers.
              ^^This.

Brady's kindergarten teacher was definitely an "obey me" teacher. His 1st grade teacher is a "love me" teacher.
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                ^^This.

Brady's kindergarten teacher was definitely an "obey me" teacher. His 1st grade teacher is a "love me" teacher.
                I hope step daughter gets this message at some point. Teaching is her passion........ but needing to have control of her environment is her worst attribute. When she was young she would have birthday parties that were planned out in great detail and if any of the girls didn't follow the plan she would get very angry! Needless to say - she was never a happy girl when the party ended. I don't think I've ever know such a control freak!
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm a control freak too, but I'm learning to be more flexible.

Comment

• Day 3 done. Perfectly primal.

B: 2 boiled eggs, 3 slices bacon, apple
                    L: leftover steak, 1/2 baked potato with buttah and cheese, orange
                    S: apple
                    D: Cheesy potatoes and ham (homemade cream of mushroom soup used instead of store bought)

No post dinner fruit - gut is not gurgly today.

On to Day 4.

Comment

• That sounds like a very nice day of food. ^5 for perfectly primal.

Comment

• Great Job! Keep it up.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Well, the white potatoes are always a gray area, and they probably cause an insulin issue for me, but I don't know for sure, so I keep eating them. They come from the ground, they're a tuber and they're good. The fit my definition.

Thanks for the ^5s.

Has anyone used bitstrips before? hahaha it's kinda fun and moderately funny. I'm getting a kick out of it. Obviously, I'm uber busy at work. *eyeroll*

Comment

• I think a bit of starchy carb, as long as you tolerate it, is absolutely a good thing to help your system stay familiar with them.

I only just saw bitstrips show up on my facebook feed recently. Not sure what to make of it. As for me, I'm plugging away at Candy Crush.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• I gave up on candy crush months ago. I got stuck on a level and unless I'm actively progressing, I get bored and give up.

Some of these bitstrips are super funny.

Comment

• I am addicted to candy crush!! But it makes me so gosh darn mad sometimes! lol. That can't be good for you! Ha! I've been stuck on my current level for over a week now. I keep wondering why I keep at it!!
                                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X