No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... that first picture is HUGE in comparison to the other pic... weird since they came from the same camera... Maybe I'll crop it and repost.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Another botched run today. Today I made it 0.83 miles before the burning in my lower leg got so bad I had to stop. I have decided it's either a strained peroneus brevis or compartment syndrome. A strained muscle I can fix easily - fix my form and seek treatment for the strain. A compartment syndrome requires 3-4 months off of running and possibly surgery (but most post-op runners are able to resume running after about a month). Obviously I can't take 3-4 months off, and I certainly don't want to have surgery. I'm hoping some ART therapy with Dr. Lake will correct it enough to see me through the training season. If only her treatments didn't come through as a chiropractic visit and could instead be submitted as physical therapy or something! I get unlimited visits with a PT and only 20 with a chiro... I would think they'd be all for the chiro appointments considering they're non-invasive and cheap in comparison...

So, hopefully after Thursday things will be happy again.

In the meantime, I plan to start lifting again. Did squats today. My max prior to my break was 110 for 3 reps. Today I did 5 reps of 100 with relative ease, so I don't think I've lost too much strength. I need to really focus on core strength, though, so I'll be doing a few planks in the coming weeks to build that back up. Core strength related directly to form and my form is off based on my heel strike, so I need to work on it.

Comment

• Are you foam rolling as instructed?
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Found a stretch that is supposed to help my possible strain. Try it. It's awesome.

Stand with your feet together. Take the ball of your right foot and big toe and place over the big toe of your left foot, keeping heels together. Bend your knees. AMAZING!

Comment

• That was the instruction for my IT band... completely different area of the body. Rolling the lower legs is rather pointless (or seems pointless) b/c there is little pressure provided by the lack of weight in our lower legs. I may massage it with a golf ball though.

**But to answer your question, no I have not been foam rolling either... it slips my mind until I start running, quite honestly.
            Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-08-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Golf ball didn't work... lol Maybe The Stick will help tonight. Ice is another option. Will probably ice it after I put the kids to bed tonight. Those blue goo lunch box ice packs work great for icing soft tissues.

Comment

• I just realized that my menu today included bacon 3 times.

Bacon with breakfast, bacon with my burger at lunch, and bacon wrapped chicken breast for dinner.

I love Paleo/Primal!

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  I just realized that my menu today included bacon 3 times.

Bacon with breakfast, bacon with my burger at lunch, and bacon wrapped chicken breast for dinner.

I love Paleo/Primal!
                  ohhh love that menu! I had bacon and delicata squash sauteed in bacon fat for dinner, and scrambled eggs cooked in bacon fat today for breakfast....

Comment

• You two and your bacon *shakes fist*

sounds awesome.

Comment

• Guess what... b/c we do leftovers, I will be having bacon two times today.

Comment

Guess what... b/c we do leftovers, I will be having bacon two times today.
                        leftover bacon...how the heck are you using those two words together?

Comment

• The dinner we had last night was chicken breasts stuffed with ham and cheese and wrapped in bacon.

Comment

The dinner we had last night was chicken breasts stuffed with ham and cheese and wrapped in bacon.
                            oh, and you did not raid the bacon off the left over pieces. Damn, I see you actually have self-control.

Comment

• hahaha a little bit.

Comment

• Jenn...did you make the chicken breasts yourself? If so will you share how you did it? It sounds delish!!
                                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X