My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ in a New York minute!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Day 2 off work. I haven't really done much of anything today. I tried to run this morning but things were unhappy so I scrapped it. The IT band is unhappy still. Need to roll it out and roll out some muscles too.

I did go to Muscatine and pick up dog food and get my eyebrows waxed. My sister does my brows and gave me the service free since I'm out of work. She didn't need to do that. This week we're fine. Next week we're fine... it's 3 weeks from now that we'll be hurting. She told me to apply it to groceries. What a sweetie - not that a brow wax costs me much anyway - I only pay $3 for my waxes, but I tip her generously and I think that's what she was referring to.

The new radio for the old fusion came in so I picked that up. Brad will be swapping it out for the old one this afternoon, I'm sure. The backlighting in the current radio died probably a year ago... he wasn't concerned about it when it was MY car, but now that it's his car... I knew what my channel presets were (and he should be able to easily figure it out) but he wants a radio that has adequate backlighting... whatev... I've got my nice new fancy schmancy radio.

And I painted a coat hanger that I bought from Walmart. It's "walnut" colored with brushed bronze hooks, but our house is outfitted with brushed nickel fixtures, so I took the hooks off, painted the board white and the hooks in a nickel satin finish spray paint. The hooks look great, but the board not so great. The finish on the board bled through the white paint and left pink splotches. So, I'll be sanding it down once the pain dries well enough and repainting. Guess I should have gotten some primer as well. I decided to paint it white b/c I'm going to hang it low for the kids to use. I felt the wooden board finished in walnut would make it too obvious and make it stand out. With white paint it'll blend into the wall better. Unfortunately, it's taking a lot more steps than I had anticipated... If I could find the paint jug with the leftover paint from the living room, I'd brush it on to really match, but whatever. I'm not sure where that paint is right now. I looked where I thought it was, but it's not there. Who knows what I did with it. lol

Anyhow, back to it... have that board sitting in the sun to dry. Going to see if it's ready for sanding yet.

PS Shut down sucks.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• *hugs* Jenn.

I'm working because my pay comes from the working capital fund, but no guarantee when they'll actually pay me.

Funny how they could furlough me in the summer, but not now... I was paid from the working capital fund then, too.

I hope everyone votes against the incumbents next time. Frakking idiots, all of them.

Comment

• See, Canio wasn't considered critical this summer either and now he is... funny how our organization provides equipment to the warfighter in theater, but we're not critical too... At least the soldiers are getting paid - sometime.

Got the hook board painted. Picked up some primer, primed it, and then repainted. It's now hanging on my wall holding up two wee ones' school bags. Pretty happy with it.

Comment

• OMG effing hilarious.

1378832_275961295862185_168456514_n.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
              OMG effing hilarious.

[ATTACH]13521[/ATTACH]
              You have to appreciate the "Happier than a camel on Wednesday" commercials to appreciate that^.

Comment

• LOL Okay, that is hilarious.

Comment

• That's our favorite commercial!!!! too funny!!!! Thanks for the laugh to start the day!
                  Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Day 5... it looks like we'll be getting back pay. Thank Heavens. Brad and I have enough set aside that we would survive for a month without my pay, but we'd rather not use it all up. We still won't receive any pay until the shut down is over, but at least we'll get it. That's not entirely fair to those who have actually worked during this period, but I guess this is what they did in 95 too.

Gotta get rid of the sugar!! ARGH! Seriously, it's kicking my ass. I've gone out for 3 runs since I quit Whole30. The first one, my IT Band started causing me problems. Since then my other two runs have produced calf issues. Frustrating. I've scrapped my last two runs early b/c the calf burned so badly. Time to ditch the sugar and stick with straight up Primal. (or whole30 plus dairy)

Other than that, just staying busy at home. Bought the kids a whole "new" wardrobe at the 2nd hand store yesterday. Got my new sticker on the car. 13.1 to the power of 8. Love it. I think it's on crooked though, which drives me batshit crazy. Nothing new - just lots of news watching.

Comment

• Jenn I am so sorry you are effected by this BS. Our government is disgusting...Nothing but sociopaths masquerading as people. I love how great your attitude is! Thinking and praying for you..I wish I could do more.
                      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                      height 5'3
                      SW 215 lbs
                      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                      LW 172 lbs
                      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

That's not entirely fair to those who have actually worked during this period, but I guess this is what they did in 95 too.
                        When I get up for work tomorrow that will be my thought as well, but really, it is not your fault that Congress is a bunch of asshats. They should not be fucking around with the lives of regular folks. It just cements the fact that I need to get out of the government system. Glad to hear you all are getting back paid. Now they just need to get everyone back to work.

Comment

• I guess some people at the Arsenal are going back to work this week. Not sure if I'm one or not. I talked to the Union VP and she said that our bosses are supposed to be contact with us if we are one of those who is supposed to be going back to work. Since I'm just a secretary and not really involved too closely with the operations that our command does, I doubt I'll be important enough to our mission to be called back. I mean, when it comes to me making sure the COL has his calendar printed each afternoon and someone else making sure a warfighter has an operational piece of equipment, the other person wins hands down.

Whatever... as far as I'm concerned, I'm on a paid vacation... and if it means going back to work and having to wait forever to be paid, or be off work and wait forever to be paid, I'd rather be off work. In fact, I'm not even sure how the Union would let a person work and have their pay suspended until the government fixes its shit. I suspect our Union would raise holy hell about that. But, I guess it might be a different deal completely when it comes to working for the government and all that bureaucratic red tape and political bullshit that takes place.

So, in the meantime, I sit by my phone and wait for my boss to call me and tell me it's time to return to work...

SHIT! I just remembered I still have to submit my application for the Protocol job! Better do that tonight! Yikes!!

In reference to diet? Shit... what diet... tomorrow, back to Primal. 100%. And I'm doing my own little sugar detox. As an endurance runner, I cannot do without sweet potatoes, so what I'm going to do is just eliminate all sources of sugars, with the exception of sweet/white potatoes in reasonable serving sizes.

I'm up 10 lbs since quitting my Whole30 on the 28th. 10 lbs in like 10 days. Ridic....

FlyladyWhole30? Yeah, that hasn't happened either. I hope you other ladies are doing better with it than I am...

I'm gonna go apply for a job now. See ya!

Comment

Whatever... as far as I'm concerned, I'm on a paid vacation...
                            This is my jealous face -

Kidding. Enjoy the time off from the morons, uh, government.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              This is my jealous face -

Kidding. Enjoy the time off from the morons, uh, government.
                              Yeah, my jealous face, too! At least they finally passed giving furloughed workers back-pay. It's bad enough that we had to take an involuntary pay cut this past summer.

I wonder if they're going to un-furlough the payroll folks so we can get paid on time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                                I wonder if they're going to un-furlough the payroll folks so we can get paid on time?
                                That would make sense, so no, of course not.

Comment

Working...
                                X