No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last we heard was that VA payments will still go out. It is one thing to not pay lazy, good for nothing, government employees, but if you fuck with veterans or old people shit hits the fan. At least that seems to be the mentality of politicians.

Comment

• I hope this doesn't mess up Hulky's VA payment. We need it for rent tomorrow!
      Depression Lies

Comment

• Ok, it appears that VA disability compensation payments will not be impacted by the shutdown. Thank GAWD!

Now if only DFAS would be equally unaffected, I might still get paid on Thursday...
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
          if you fuck with veterans or old people shit hits the fan
          AS IT SHOULD BE, damn it!

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
            AS IT SHOULD BE, damn it!
            no arguments from me. I am getting older by the minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              no arguments from me. I am getting older by the minute.
              *like* (not that you're getting old, but the humor behind the comment. )

Comment

• Furloughed again. [sarc]Yippee!![/sarc]

But I did get my VA deposit, so at least the mortgage payment is safe. Next hurdle: paycheck on Thursday??? And then I have to figure out what to do about daycare... have to keep paying it or I lose my spot. And if I'm paying for it, the kids are going... We have money set aside (enough to cover almost 2 pay periods) but it was ear marked for something else. Hopefully we don't have to dip into it too far.

Comment

• Sorry, Jenn -- the whole thing sucks!

Our government has their heads so far up.............. well, you get the picture.

Does this apply to their paychecks as well?

And why the hell are they exempt from Obamacare? I love our country......... but I hate where the politicians are taking it. I say clean the slate and start over!
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion
                  9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• They aren't exempt from the healthcare law. They already have an excellent health care package, though, so there is no reason for them to go on the exchanges.

Comment

• Congress is still being paid, as are most of the other overpriced fluff in Washington. The furlough only applies to humans in far less necessary jobs like security.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        Congress is still being paid, as are most of the other overpriced fluff in Washington. The furlough only applies to humans in far less necessary jobs like security.
                        Well, to be fair, we are still at work. Not getting paid but at work. They promise to pay us later. lawl.

Comment

• I think its pretty dumb to tell people not to come to work - but then make up for the lost pay later. How inefficient is that? Here - you can have some time off without pay...... oh but you'll probably get paid for it later anyway. Our government is so dumb!!
                          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                            I think its pretty dumb to tell people not to come to work - but then make up for the lost pay later. How inefficient is that? Here - you can have some time off without pay...... oh but you'll probably get paid for it later anyway. Our government is so dumb!!
                            Well, this is true. Then again, it is not Jenn's fault she doesn't get to work because Congress is full of idiots (idiots who still get paid). Would you have much loyalty to your employer if everytime there was some office politics you got sent home for a week without pay? I, for one, am tired of it and looking to get out of government service asap.

Comment

• Oh - not blaming Jenn at all or anyone else who is victim to this nonsense! I just can't imagine any private business being run the way the government runs. Its totally ridiculous! Government jobs used to be safe and secure, not so much anymore.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                                Oh - not blaming Jenn at all or anyone else who is victim to this nonsense! I just can't imagine any private business being run the way the government runs. Its totally ridiculous! Government jobs used to be safe and secure, not so much anymore.
                                A private business run like the government would be out of business. That is for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X