No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm also not hungry in the morning - not til about 9:00 or so. I guess that's a classic sign that my leptin signals are goofy. I need to get back to the LR page and read up again. I'm sure I'll find some compelling information that will push me to the LR again.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Are you eating anything regular at night before bed, or eating/drinking/taking anything regularly in the morning?

I think "complete" bowel movements will help with everything.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• You drive 75 miles to work! Please tell me that is round-trip and not one-way!

Congrats on the new car. Sounds fun.

Comment

• I love the new car ..mine is an 04 and paid for so it has none of those fancy features on it. Now I really want a new one

But more than that...girl you are hot! What amazing before and after pics. You need to send those to Mark. And Brady is adorable...love that you are creating a family of runners!
          You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
          height 5'3
          SW 215 lbs
          CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
          LW 172 lbs
          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            You drive 75 miles to work! Please tell me that is round-trip and not one-way!

I think she drives 75 mph I remember something about 32 miles from home to work.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Jenn........... sure hope the tummy issues go away Have you considered liquid magnesium before bed or upon rising? I don't remember if you are already taking magnesium.

I've never had a yeast infection or overgrowth that I know of - so I don't quite understand the symptoms. I thought a yeast infection was only in the lady parts........... but you're having intestinal symptoms? I guess I should read up on it.

LP reset........ I suggest it - couldn't hurt everyone to do it once in a while. It makes perfect sense. I've already noticed a reduction in inflammation! I'm holding off on weighing until I've really noticed my clothes are fitting better - then I'll step on the scale and see if the number has dropped.
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                You drive 75 miles to work! Please tell me that is round-trip and not one-way!

No, I drive 70 miles round trip for the day, but drive 75 mph b/c it's interstate.

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                  I love the new car ..mine is an 04 and paid for so it has none of those fancy features on it. Now I really want a new one
                  My previous car (which my husband is now driving) is an 06, and paid for. I drove it for 7 years. I was ready to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    Are you eating anything regular at night before bed, or eating/drinking/taking anything regularly in the morning?

I think "complete" bowel movements will help with everything.
                    I'm not sure I understand your question. I usually have a bowl of some kind of fruit in the evening after dinner. Either watermelon or homemade applesauce recently. I take vitex at night before bed. I do nothing in the morning until 9 am when I typically eat breakfast - 2 boiled eggs and bacon.

Originally posted by tomi View Post
                    Jenn........... sure hope the tummy issues go away Have you considered liquid magnesium before bed or upon rising? I don't remember if you are already taking magnesium.

I've never had a yeast infection or overgrowth that I know of - so I don't quite understand the symptoms. I thought a yeast infection was only in the lady parts........... but you're having intestinal symptoms? I guess I should read up on it.

LP reset........ I suggest it - couldn't hurt everyone to do it once in a while. It makes perfect sense. I've already noticed a reduction in inflammation! I'm holding off on weighing until I've really noticed my clothes are fitting better - then I'll step on the scale and see if the number has dropped.
                    I don't take magnesium regularly. About a year ago, I took 500 mg of magnesium at night to aid with sleep, but found it makes me really groggy in the morning so I stopped taking it.

I used to think the same about YI until NW started talking about it. Then recently, in the last couple of months or so, I started feeling the same things she was talking about.

The only thing that holds me back from the LR is that it can take 18 months to really do any good and that's a long time to commit to a protocol that may or may not help... and I'm not even sure what I'm trying to correct - I just want to finish losing this weight and go about my life.

Comment

• If you wake up with the gut rumblings, I was just wondering if there was a correlation with what you ate before bed. But eliminating any candida issues might resolve that, if that's what is causing it.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Ok seriously... October 1 is the start of a new fiscal year for the government, which is supposed to mean a new budget and new money - a year long paycheck if you will... And yet, here we go with potential furloughs AGAIN, starting Tuesday... It might be time again to seek out a new employer... From the General's office:

MEMORANDUM FOR All ASC Employees

SUBJECT: Information to Workforce on Potential Government Shutdown

1. As many of you are aware, annual funding for the government expires 30 September 2013. The Department remains hopeful that a government shutdown will be averted. This is not because of lack of work. No formal DoD or Department of Army guidance has been issued at this time; but, we must begin to make appropriate contingency plans for the orderly shutdown of
                        Army Sustainment Command activities.

2. The Command must identify those functions and activities that are exempt and excepted from an emergency shutdown of operations. Exempted activities are those which are not impacted by the pending lapse of appropriations. Excepted activities are those activities which are essential and their performance required for national security reasons or to provide protection of life and property. All HQ Staff Directors and Brigade Commanders are taking action to identify exempt and excepted functions and activities at all subordinate organizations and sites. A limited number of employees performing exempt and excepted activities will not be furloughed. Active Duty military personnel are not subject to furlough in the event of a government emergency
                        shutdown. Employees performing exempted functions are not subject to furlough.

3. In the event no budget or Continuing Resolution is passed, nearly all civilian employees will be subject to furlough. Civilian employees paid from current-year appropriations which have lapsed and whose functions support non-exempt and non-excepted activities will be furloughed lAW with Federal procedures. Non-exempt and non-excepted personnel will not be paid while
                        on furlough. In past emergency shutdown furloughs, employees were paid retroactively; however, there is no requirement or guarantee that that this will happen again. You should be prepared for this possibility.

4. The Command will continue to share information as it becomes available. Please be assured that the welfare of all employees and families is important to me. Please know and understand that this a National issue. It is not a negative reflection on our mission or our performance. ASC and its employees performed admirably this past summer during the Administrative furlough.
                        Although it was a very difficult and challenging time, you continued to support the Warfighter. I want to thank each and every ASC employee in their patience and continued dedication as we face this new period of fiscal uncertainty.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          If you wake up with the gut rumblings, I was just wondering if there was a correlation with what you ate before bed. But eliminating any candida issues might resolve that, if that's what is causing it.
                          I guess it could be the applesauce causing issues. The applesauce is relatively new, but it might be too new to be the problem. I've only had fresh applesauce for the last couple of weeks. So maybe that's not the cause, but a potential continued instigator or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                            From the General's office: truncated
                            You know, the reason I went to work for the government was the feeling of security - knowing that there'd always be work, there'd always be stability and there's no chance of the employer "going out of business"... but it seems the government is so jacked in their checkbook balancing that this is not the case... if the government can go bankrupt, what the hell hope do the rest of us face? How is it I am responsible enough to pay my bills and pay those people who work for me, but they aren't?? This is seriously jacked the hell up.

*sigh* <grumblegrumble>

Comment

• Oh and this time we don't have any money in savings to offset the loss of pay - should the furlough happen... *f*ckthegovernment*

Comment

• I know I just said I don't want to work for the government anymore, but that's not accurate. I love working with soldiers... so, I'll likely never leave, as foolish as that might be...

That said, I found a job opportunity that I'm super interested in. It's with another command on post in the Protocol Office. The Protocol Office handles events like ceremonies and balls. They do all the event planning, inviting of dignitaries, greeting dignitaries, set up catering, etc, for large scale, high profile events. Think Army Celebrities. It would come with a rank increase (not pay yet b/c I'm already paid at a rank higher than I hold b/c of "safe pay") and requires a Master's Degree. I assume it's not a highly sought after position b/c it's high stress (think constantly planning weddings for a lot of guests).

We have a gal in our command who came to us from a Protocol Office. I'm asking for her advice, input, feedback about what I should do, what they'll expect on the resume, and all that jazz. I would LOVE this opportunity! It would eventually take me from a GS-09 (starting rank) to a GS-12 (max rank) which is a tremendous increase in pay from where I sit now. But, what I like is that it starts out at a 09 level (which I'm eligible for and NEED in order to get ANYWHERE else on the Island) and it's event planning. I LOVE event planning! I really think it's what I'm made for.

So I'm going to put in for it, unless Brad objects for some reason or another. Now I just need to get my resume up to snuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X