No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he actually finished in 5 hours, and yes, he's done it while doing a triathlon too. I posted the article about him in the race recap, along with pics. A 5 hour marathon is the same pace I was running - 11:30 per mile. So, he ran as fast as I did, but BACKWARDS for twice as long... while juggling. He's way more bad ass than me. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• More gut rumblings this morning... It's very unsettling b/c I'm supposed to go run today, but I don't wanna with a rumbly gut b/c I won't necessarily have easy access to a bathroom...

Comment

• Micro-Marathon pics:

Brady and Me Micro-Marathon.jpg

Brady Micro-Marathon.jpg

Comment

• Oh, CUTE !

Comment

• What a cute little dude!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Go Brady!
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Oh he's a cutie! And a future marathon runner like mom!!
                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
                  Oh he's a cutie! And a future marathon runner like mom!!
                  I hope so!

Comment

• Looking at the marathon photos, I've learned I still heel strike when running... need to correct this.

Whole30 Day 26... ready to be done. Tired of the restrictions. We spent so much time transfering things from my old car to my new car and then cleaning out the old car (vacuum, detail, etc) for Brad to drive it that we didn't make dinner at home last night. We went into Muscatine (kids hadn't ridden in the new car yet so they were excited) and went to HyVee (similar to your Krogers). The kids and Brad got a take'n'bake pizza, and I hit the kitchen deli looking for some herb roasted chicken. HyVee has some of the best herb roasted chicken and my mouth was watering for it. Of course, they didn't have herb roasted chicken yesterday, they had what looked like 6 hour old barbecue chicken or fried chicken... *sigh* Ok... so no dinner for me from HyVee. Went to Jimmy John's and got a Turkey Tom Unwich instead... it was less than satisfying. I was full, but not satisfied. The pizza smelled SOOO amazing! So amazing. I wanted some bad... I didn't have any (I did pick of 2 cheese-free pieces of sausage though). And I want gluten free cookies. Like really really badly. I'm so ready for the whole30 to be over. Only 4 more days...

Current weight: 167. Low was 166. I suspect there's still a bit of inflammation due to the Gu and chocolate milk on Sunday. My toe is a bit upset still - tight more so than anything else. I think I'll be able to run on it with no problem today. Arch no longer hurts. Calves, quads and hammies feel good. Dr. Lake mentioned that my hams needed some serious work, but they actually feel really good, so I'm going to test the waters today with a 3 miler.

The new car is awesome. So many little features that I never would have dreamed of. It has radio playback - much like a DVR feature. Seriously? And remote windows... you can use the lock and unlock buttons on the remote to roll down or roll up the windows... so say it's 3:30 and really really hot outside. I can tell my car to roll my windows down before I even get to the car. And the Sync system will give me turn by turn directions if I need it (there is no navigation system, so no map will be displayed, but the directions will come across the speakers). It checks my text messages, answers my calls, calls people using my phone. If I'm in an accident, Sync will seek out my phone and call 911 for me. Seriously, cars have gotten SOOO freaking techie! I'm floored by it. OH! And I can save my favorite songs and every 10 minutes or so it'll scan all the radio stations (Sirius) and if that song is playing on another station, it'll notify me and ask if I want to change stations to hear the song. And this is all STANDARD in Fords now... seriously... FREAKING STANDARD! And the gas mileage is amazing! I drive 75 to work and was getting 35 mpg. For realz?!? My last fusion averaged 23 mpg. So, yeah... Boggles the mind! Mind: Blown. We won't hesitate to buy a second one. In fact, we were discussing working hard to pay this one down and in a couple of years buy a new one, giving the 2014 to Brad and me taking the then new car. The gas mileage will be great for Brad too as he drives far for work as well. If you're in the market for a new car, seriously check out the Fords. They freaking rock!

ANYHOW... I've got a bit of work to do, and I need to check out the journals. I've been so absorbed by my own little world lately that I have gotten behind on the journals. I hope everyone is having a good Thursday.

Comment

• Enjoy that car! Sounds like fun. Hulky is set on another Civic, which has a ton of awesome features even for the most standard model. Cars have definitely improved since his was made in '05
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• wow Jenn!!! what a fun car!!! Yeah for you and Brad! I still don't know all what my smart phone will do! I can't imagine trying to learn what high tech gadgets a car could do!

Have fun learning and playing

You've rocked another whole30! almost done!

I'm doing the Leptin Reset which is almost as strict - basically straight primal. Hope I have good results like you have with the whole30.
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I'm considering a LR. I know my cortisol and leptin hormones are out of whack, and I know a LR fixes that. Waking in the morning is tough for me. Once I commit to getting out of bed, I'm alert and energized (I don't trudge through my shower, drag through my routine, etc) - maybe a bit cranky, but functional. BUT, I don't get out of bed when my alarm first sounds, and I can easily fall back to sleep and sleep late if given the chance. I'd like to be able to get up earlier in the morning, not feel unrefreshed, etc. I've always been like this - avoiding getting up as long as possible, needing an alarm clock, and sometimes sleeping through it. I wonder if a LR could fix this - like really actually fix it long term.

Comment

• And I guess one problem with doing so many frequent Whole30's is that I don't start to notice any benefit to them unless I go beyond 30 days... right now, my gut is still messed up, my skin (on my face) is still dry and flakey and eczema-ish (I still need coconut oil every morning), my nose is still jacked (of course, it's allergy season, too, so there's that). One of the reasons my Dr. was more than willing to prescribe diflucan is b/c I told her I was 20 days into a Whole30 and was finding no digestive relief yet. She looked shocked and was more than willing to prescribe at that point.

So, I think I need to back off the whole30s and try something else.

Comment

• haha, sounds like Hulky could use a leptin reset. He's always had trouble getting out of bed. Trouble is, he's not hungry at all in the morning and often feels sick if he eats too early. Not that he would do a LR anyway.

Is the digestive stuff any better today?
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Less gurgling this morning... not so fullfilling BM before my shower. I have found that I can have a decent BM if I eat raw almonds - but there are very obviously undigested bits that make their way through, so I'm sure this is a less than optimal method toward reaching a BM. I don't like going into detail about it b/c it's kind of gross to talk about poo - I don't even like to talk about it with my dr (b/c she's become more than just a doctor and is kind of a friend now - we're friends on Facebook and stuff) so it's just weird now - but I won't see a different doc and I like having her input on FB. Anyhow, the itching was less pronounced this morning but the gas is stil there. It's odd to me that I'm very gassy and gurgly in the morning hours until about 10. Then all gurgling stops, the gas stops and the discomfort stops - with or without a trip to the bathroom. Makes no sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X