No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol. For all the slow forum people, I will apologize on their behalf.
    Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
      Please, people, become more active in your journals so I have something to do on slow days...
      *considers starting a journal just for Jenn's amusement...*

Comment

• Hey Jenn, I've been reading the book Delivered From Distraction on the suspicion that I have ADD. There are some things in the book that line up with your hubby -- thrill-seeking behavior (the race car), and messy finances. You may want to read this and also his other book, Driven To Distraction. If you read them and the behavior sounds familiar to you, maybe just leave the books out and say he might be interested...a good way to start a discussion without pushing the subject.
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
        Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• hahahahahahahahahahaha Kalli... I laugh because he does NOT read. ANYTHING. I've tried to get him to read any number of books - i.e. Dave Ramsey's Financial Freedom University (which is actually NOT a bad read - not dry and boring and nerdy like one would expect), It Starts with Food, The Primal Blueprint, you name it... unless it has "Circle Track", "Dirt Track Modified" or "IMCA" in the title, he won't even pick it up. Even when we were expecting our children, he would not even entertain the books I was reading to get prepared. He simply said "You read it, tell me what to do and I'll do it". Yeah, that's worked out so well for us so far. lol

But, *I* will pick them up and give them a read. I was previously diagnosed as ADD and took Adderall for a couple years for it before I found the PB so it'll be interesting to read.

Whole30 Day 12. 172 is the weight again today. Still haven't had the standard gut elimination that usually comes the first week or so of a Whole30 - haven't had a good elimination at all, actually, so because I prefer a quick fix, and I'm desperate to feel better in the gut region, I picked up some exlax today... why does it have to take 6-12 hours to work? I want immediate relief, dang it. I'm going to read up on candidia overgrowth b/c I'm curious to see if that's what could be going on. While I'm whole30, I still consume a lot of sugar by way of fruit. I take two Jarro-dophilus capsules each day, but I don't feel any better with it, so I'm going to start some research. I've always felt sympathy for Nameless with her issues, but I could never imagine what it actually was like - now I know. Ugh, it sucks.

4 mile run planned for today. So far, the weather is absolutely gorgeous so I can't wait to get out there and run. 10 miles planned for Saturday. Still trying to decide where I want to run. My mom is watching my kidlets for me, so I'll be running in a different town. I had already mapped out one route, but have maybe changed my mind. The route I mapped is hilly and I'm not really interested in hills. There is another road I can run that would be good - low traffic, etc, but it is also hilly - just not AS hilly. I'll map it and see what it's like. I'll also have to figure out where I'll park my car for that alternate route that won't result in me raising suspicion or getting towed. I should be able to park on the residential street near there without problem.

Last night I canned 13 pints of tomato juice. In a few days I'll crack those jars open and cook it down into sauce. I didn't have time to do it last night and the tomatoes were going to go bad if I waited any longer, so I decided to juice them down. When I juice them, I blanch them to peel, then cook them down in a chili pot, then use my stick blender to break up the chunks, then I run it through a wire mesh strainer (I don't have a canning strainer yet). It takes a long time to do this b/c I have to use a spoon to mash the pulp through the screen without getting seeds. It'll be MUCH faster if I get a canning strainer. Then I won't have to peel the tomatoes - just blanch and mash. Someday I'll be a big girl canner and have all that stuff. The lady across the street from me sent me a picture of a big stock pot she's got that she doesn't use anymore. She said I can have it for canning if I'd like it. I think I'll take her up on it. She said she never uses it and was just going to throw it away until I posted last night on Facebook that I needed a bigger pot. She's checking to see if it still has a lid or not. I think it'll be ok without a lid - I just need something bigger for blanching and sauce making. This looks like it's a 16 quart pot - those goes for $30 on Amazon, so getting hers for free would be a steal!! Donna, are you on Facebook? I'd love to have another canning friend on there!

Next up - APPLES! I have a ton of apples at home from Grandma's trees that I need to can. Stepmom is chicken sitting for her boss the next two weeks and her payment for doing so is all the eggs that are laid and any produce that's ready in the garden. Stepmom is going to give me all the eggs. Her boss does free range, grain free chickens. She has a rotation system set up so they always have fresh food to eat. I'm sooooo freaking excited! The chickens are currently laying about 5 eggs per day (they're young). Stepmom and I plan to go out this weekend to pick the produce. She said between her boss's farm and her own garden and mine, we'll have more tomatoes than we care to think about. She also has eggplant out there, so I'll get to try an eggplant. I'm excited!! I'm thinking eggplant parmesan. Stepmom's boss says eggplant has the same kind of texture as zucchini and works well in recipes that zucchini works in. I hope I like it. I've always been intrigued by eggplant.

Ok, I think I've babbled enough for now. I'm in a REALLY good mood today so I could go on and on and on if given the chance. I think it's the weather.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• The most recent things I've been reading about yeast is that you have to KILL IT not starve it out. Fruit supposedly doesn't impact it, only refined sugars. Not sure how much I believe that, but I'm limiting my intake anyway. I'm also not sure probiotics are such a good idea when dealing with yeast. I'm waiting to kill this off before I start drinking/making (maybe) kombucha or kefir. Grapefruit seed extract is my friend. Don't get it in liquid form, it tastes nasty.

Hooray for good moods! Have a good run
            Depression Lies

Comment

• Is there a particular brand you recommend?

Comment

• NutriBiotic Grapefruit Seed Extract -- 125 mg - 100 Tablets - Vitacost
                This is what I'm using now. I've only used Nutribiotic. But I'd say get the capsules if you can, since it's extracted in liquid form it makes more sense to me to take it as a liquid. No idea how it gets made into tablets haha. DON'T get the squeezy bottle type though because it tastes awful.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Jenn yes I am...but I'm not a regular...i go on occasionally & check it. I just sent you a PM.
                  Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• So nameless...what kills candida overgrowth naturally? Grapefruit seed extract? I'm thinking I may also have it. I think I read somewhere that if you have a leaky gut then chances are you have it, so I imagine a lot of us have it & don't know it. Thanks!

Comment

• I assume the same, Donna.

Comment

• Ah yes... the pills are starting to work - just in time for my run. lol Figures.

Comment

• Grapefruit seed extract, oil of oregano, pau d'arco, garlic, caprylic acid, tea tree oil...umm...of course coconut oil. Basic recommendations I've read are eat a good diet low in refined sugar and not too much fruit. Avoid starches if they give you problems. Take antifungals and rotate them periodically. Like take 3 for a few weeks, then a different three for another few weeks, then a different combination etc. I don't know how long it takes to really fix it though =\.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Got some pau d'arco...it's good stuff...use garlic in cooking...not eating refined sugar right now due to whole 30...& a little fruit but not a lot...so I'll pick up some grapefruit seed extract next time I go to town. Hope I can find your brand. Thanks for the info. Guess I need to do a little reading myself on it. Been reading a lot on hormones...now need to shift my focus. Boy keeping this old body running in its optimal condition is hard work!! lol. All you young whippersnappers take heed!! It's a lot easier to stay healthy or get back to optimal health while you're young!! Once you get old it's tough to repair years & years & years of damage! *sigh*. But gonna do the best I can.

Have a wonderful afternoon all!

Comment

• PC, your inbox is full. I'm not finding the account on FB you told me to look for. You wanna just add me? Here's the link to my fb page. www.facebook.com/jstyler3b

Comment

• just cleaned out the folder. sorry. stuff in there from last year!!!

yes I will friend you...going there now.

Comment

Working...
                                X