No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck... ok guess you'll have to wait til I'm at a computer.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Pictures look fine to me

Comment

• Cute family pic!

Comment

• Great picture!! Love it!
          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• what a great play place for the family
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Ok, updated the photos with an edited (sort of - just cropped) version of the pic. Go back up and look again, folks.

Comment

• What a precious family! Your kids are adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Nice family photo!
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks, guys. I cropped out my head and am using it for my LinkedIn photo. And Donna, I think my kiddos are pretty adorable too. Judging by my little girl's quads, she's going to be one hell of a power runner - probably softball or basketball. Our son will make a good football player.

Brad told me last night that they were working on a project at work so the manager bought pizza, so he was planning to use yesterday's taco leftovers for lunch today. It was at that moment that I realized he's never going to embrace paleo. I'm kind of bummed but not really shocked, to be honest.

Talked to MIL last night about my feet/ankles. She said she tried to stop using the last 30 mg of Cymbalta (she takes it for her fibro) and her feet and ankles and hands started to hurt again, so she went back on it. I'm pretty certain I can control it with diet. I remember the right foot started to hurt when I let my last whole30 end. I just need to find the motivation and commitment to settle into Whole30 again. But when Whole30 becomes a lifetime thing, it's hard to accept. When it was just a 30 day program, it was fine. But to even decide to only do it for 30 days, I get overwhelmed and anxious and start to think about all the things I have to give up, full well knowing it won't only be for 30 days. It'll be a lifetime thing. I know this and that's what is bothersome. I don't do well with "moderation" so to say I'll do Whole30 for the rest of my life and only allow treats once in a while is unrealistic for me b/c I know how I work.

BUT... I am thinking about doing whole30 in September just the same. Just got to gear myself up for it. Get mentally prepared. I *KNOW* it'll be better for my feet and ankles and will get me that much closer to losing these last 20-30 lbs. I need to read It Starts with Food again or at least the Whole9 website. I think I'll do that now.

Comment

• I am curious, what are the things that you really want or think about when you are doing a Whole30?
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Nice Jenn. I am starting a Whole 30 myself sometime towards the end of this month/beginning of Sept. I wish you much luck. Well, skill really. It's not as if luck has much to do with what goes in our mouths.

Comment

• It's been awhile so I guess I need to go check out the Whole30 thing again. Several of you seem to have had good success with it. Is there a whole 30 website? Oh well I'll just google it. Good luck with it again Jenn.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
                            It's been awhile so I guess I need to go check out the Whole30 thing again. Several of you seem to have had good success with it. Is there a whole 30 website? Oh well I'll just google it. Good luck with it again Jenn.
                            The Whole30 Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

Comment

• Thank you Jenn...just went & looked at the website. Wow! I didn't know there was a book about it! Fixing to go to amazon & order it. I like that there is plenty of info on the website for free! This sounds pretty much like an elimination diet that I was thinking of doing! And since so many of ya'll are doing it too there will be a support group here. I think that I will shoot for starting it Sept 1. That's payday & grocery shopping day. I'll have read the book by then too. Thanks again for the link!

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                                I am curious, what are the things that you really want or think about when you are doing a Whole30?
                                Sweeteners or things with sweeteners - mostly paleo-fied goodies like the creamy chocolate chip coconut macaroons (I hardly ever make them - only made them twice in fact - but every time I go W30, I crave them), or chocolate.

Recipes that contain dairy - like chicken cordon bleu casserole, chicken scampi, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X