• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, you are kicking ass. Brava!

Comment

• Woo Hoo!
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• That is awesome! You must be stoked.
        5' 9" 47 YO F
        PB start June 2, 2012
        Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
        Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

• Girlfriend!!! You rock! What a great picture!! Congrats on the new numbers!! You're an inspiration!
          *doing the happy dance* for Jenn
          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• awwwww thanks everyone! I am pretty stoked about it.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Amazing work! Good job!
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
              Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Daughter's appt went well yesterday. She's a trooper. Found the possible cause of her bladder infections, or rather all wee girls' bladder infections. Too much to type on phone.

Ran the 9 miles this morning. It was awesome. Foot felt amazing! Still feels really good. We'll see what tomorrow brings, of course. Hoping it's ok.

Brother-in-law is joining SIL in a whole30 starting Monday. Brad is still seriously interested. Will see what August brings.

Comment

• She obviously takes after her mother. You are a no-nonsense kind of gal.

Yeah for the foot bliss!

Your passing on the sustenance of life protocol, Jenn........................ I bow............... You are exceptional!!!!
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion
                  9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• That's great about your foot! Keeping fingers crossed it continues. Congrats on the drs visit for dd.

I am seriously impressed with your running! I can barely walk! lol. I love reading about you doing it tho. I will run vicariously (spelling?) thru you! 😉
                    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Ok, so Makenna's testing was done to check for reflux of the urine back into the ureters (tubes that drain urine from the kidneys to the bladder). To do this, they had to do a kidney ultrasound and then fill her bladder with contrast dye (via catheter) and see if it leaked back up into the ureters by taking a series of xrays. Everything was fine. So, of course, Brad was pissed at our doctor and said he'd never speak to her again for subjecting Makenna to such an unnecessary test...

Fast forward to our appointment with the urologist. She says that since there is no reflux, and based on the xrays and ultrasounds, Makenna's anatomy is fine. However, her bladder infection was causes by constipation. She said that a vast majority of our kids are constipated (she said due to conventional diet of GMO's and highly processed foods - she won my heart at that very moment) and Makenna is no exception, even though she poops roughly every day. She suggested we put her on Miralax to clear her system and ensure she pees often. She said that bacteria from the anus is introduced to the urethra each time we "hold it", and she said potty training little girls are more susceptible than adults b/c they're more likely to hold it once they learn how to do it. So... if we get her to poop more frequently, she'll be less likely to ever get another infection.

I asked the doctor if this test was necessary - in hindsight since it turned out to be negative for reflux and she said no, it was not unnecessary and explained it using a bunch of studies and literature I can't seem to recall right now, and said that as a urologist, she would not hesitate to put one of her own daughters through the testing b/c more information is better than less information and now that we know she doesn't have reflux, we'll never have to worry about it again... not sure that was the answer we were looking for, but it calmed Brad down a bit. I think he's still pissed, but I think he'll get over it faster since the doctor said it was a necessary test. I guess it was better to do the test than to go through bladder infection after bladder infection and not know the cause.

And, since my niece seems to be chronically fighting a bladder infection and has constant accidents, I relayed all this information to my sister. I guess the doctor they'd been seeing said that Niece's infections were caused by poor wiping practices, but Sister said she's been wiping her personally using baby wipes and she's still getting infections. I told her to get Niece to pee more frequently and to clear out the poop like the doc told us and see if that made a difference with her. I know Niece holds it til she has accidents - she has easily 2 accidents a day, despite people demanding she go potty every so often. Time to break that holding habit.

Made some VERY un-whole30 choices this weekend. Feeling crappy and foot hurts like a bitch - worse than it has previously, but in a different place. It feels like the ligaments and tendons attached to my big toe are super super tight. Can't pull my toe up as far on the right foot as I can the left, so soaking it in warm water and will do some stretching when I'm done. Back to whole30 rules immediately and to see Dr. Lake on Tuesday. Might wait to run again until Wednesday. We'll see how it feels tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Back to the usual grind tomorrow.

Comment

• Glad to hear that you got some answers for your littlest.

Now take care of your foot!
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• I. Am. Exhausted... but I think it's the weather. It's cloudy, dreery and rainy today. Blah! I didn't know it was supposed to rain so I left the windows in the house wide open... I'm sure the living room is soaked... *sigh*

I just wanna sleep today... like I said - probably the weather. I wanna curl up on the couch, snuggle with a blanket and watch endless DIY Network and nap at will. Because of the sleepiness, I want to snack. Of course, I've nothing to snack on... Some grapes or almonds would be nice.

Could also be carb flu/carb hangover. This weekend was full of horrible non-whole30 eats.

Not running today. Going to give the foot another day of rest - just to be safe. Running should resume on Wednesday.

Makenna has gone two whole days with no potty accidents. Feeling good about it so I'm going to register her for school today. She still isn't TELLING us when she needs to go, but she's doing a good job of going when we tell her to and not going in between. I think it'll be ok once school starts.

Comment

• Glad the test was good I'm sure now that she's done a couple days of not accidents you're in the clear for starting school
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• That's what I'm thinking, too, Tomi.

Comment

• I'm glad you got your little girl some answers, even if they required a test that didn't give you the right one. Here's hoping potty training is smooth sailing.
                                (As an aside, I wonder if the bladder infections were part of what was making potty training so difficult. I know I hafta go a lot more often when I occasionally get one. I wonder if her thought process was "I'll hafta be on the potty all the time! No way!" Or if maybe her bladder was forcing release because of the infections.)
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X