My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    Stability, and soon to be his retirement, death benefit, insurance, and god knows what else when he kicks the bucket. Sure, his former wife might get half (depending on the length of their marriage) but it sounds like she is set for a pay day. Of course, I am cynical.
    Me too...

But seriously... she's never experienced marriage before. Hell, she hasn't even finish college yet, so she hasn't even experienced LIFE yet and now she's married to a 60 year old... kind of makes me shudder...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
      Me too...

But seriously... she's never experienced marriage before. Hell, she hasn't even finish college yet, so she hasn't even experienced LIFE yet and now she's married to a 60 year old... kind of makes me shudder...
      She has a guy supporting her through school and will have plenty of time for marriage 10 years from now at 31 with no college debt, kids, or financial worries thanks to dead husband number one.

Comment

• First question for miss gravy robber............. what kind of relationship did/does she have with her father? If it was bad or if she had NO father --- then 90% chance she's looking to fill a void in her life. If its not the father-figure thing - then she's just out to get some money when the old guy kicks the bucket.

Glad to hear the foot is good to GOOOOOO!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Hi folks... spent the morning scoping out geocaches... so I've been absent. I found 3 geocaches on the river trail near work and made a plan to acquire them all. I ended up running 5 miles and ran them really really fast for me. 9:43 seconds per mile... that's like faster than 6 miles per hour (which is a 10 minute mile). I ran FIVE miles in less than 50 minutes!! 48:34 to be exact... that has NEVER happened in my history of running. EVER. Not even when I was in the army... and I did it on a bum foot... which is especially bum now... oy. It's gonna hurt tomorrow. I wish it would STOP hurting - especially since she can't find anything structurally wrong with it. Damn tendons.

Anyhow, I found 3 geocaches, ran 5 miles and hit my fastest ever pace for anything longer than a mile (one time for a test, I ran 1 mile in 8 minutes and something seconds). I'm pretty happy with today's run, despite the soreness in my foot.

**BEAMING**

Comment

• Kids and I went geocaching again tonight and found 4 more hidden caches. 7 total caches for today. Brady and Makenna really seem to enjoy finding them. I'll post pics of 4 of the 5 the kids and I have found together (phone was too low on battery to catch a pic of the last one we found). I'll have to post them from my phone b/c my computer doesn't want to cooperate... *sigh*

Comment

• It's so frustrating when technology chooses not to work...

First cache we've ever found.

1374717393993.jpg

Teeny tiny cache.

1374717410351.jpg

3rd find.

1374717454225.jpg

4th find.

1374717488940.jpg

And just a cute pic of my kids.

1374717518820.jpg

Comment

• awe!!!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• I have a potentially tough decision to make regarding my 8 miler tomorrow... Dr. Lake is hesitant to let me run it... but she knows I'm hesitant to skip it. Since my pain seems to be increasing, she kind of wants me to skip this one and rest a bit. She's letting me make the call, but pretty much said if it doesn't feel good in the morning to skip it...

Skipping ONE long run probably won't derail my training... but I'd rather skip my two shorter runs next week and keep my long run. The long run is where you build the mental stamina to keep going when you get tired or bored.

The thing is, it really doesn't hurt while I run. It hurts the worst while I walk, and I don't know if it's b/c we use a great range of motion when we walk or what, but seriously, it feels better during a run than it does while walking. I mean, just yesterday I did my fastest pace ever for a 5 mile run. Hell, I haven't even run a 2 miler at that pace since probably basic training in 2000!! So it makes no sense to me what is going on with this foot... maybe it's b/c it spends less time on the ground when I run??

All I DO know is that I'm very frustrated and very upset - like on the verge of tears upset about this. WHY?!? Why can't my body just freaking work the way it is supposed to? I did everything right! I slowly built up the mileage - no more than 1 mile a week! I ate right! I stretched! I strengthened! I rested 4 days out of the week! WTF else do I have to do to be able to freaking run?!?! I have a friend who runs (I shit you not) FIFTEEN MILES A DAY! She rests ONE day out of the week. She eats crappy grains and drinks the occasional soda. She eats candy bars to get her calories up since she burns so much every day. But seriously! She runs 15 miles a day. Not a single injury... she's perfectly fine. WHY NOT ME?? I'm conservative in my running. I don't push it often. I run a comfortable pace so that I don't injure myself.

DAMN IT! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?!?

<insertfrustratedscream>

Comment

• Sorry, Jenn --- I can tell you're really frustrated and angry about this. Something you love to do is being limited because of something you have no control over. If you are doing damage to the foot in some way during your running then it makes sense to hold off on the 8 miler. Are you still running in the vibrams? Purhaps you need a shoe with a little more sole and support for the runs? Have you tried changing shoes for a week to see if it makes a difference?

I hope you get it worked out soon.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• How's the dairy intake?

I would say to rest it.

Do you walk with a toe strike or heel strike? Run with a toe strike or heel strike?
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• I walk with a heel strike, I run with a mid-foot strike - exactly how it's supposed to be.

Tomi, she told me to stick with the minimalist shoes - even she runs barefoot. She said the damage done by running in regular cushioned shoes is greater than the potential damage done by running barefoot. She said traditional running shoes cause hip and knee issues (which I can attest to b/c I saw her weekly for a year for those very things) and running in minimalists MAY cause achilles issues (but haven't for me yet so she's not expecting them) and said even so, an achilles issue is easier to correct than hip/knee issues. So, she told me to stay in the vibrams.

I plan to do Whole30 starting Sunday or Monday. This is bs... gotta fix it and I think going Whole30 will help.

My plan is to run tomorrow. I'll get out there for my 8 miler. IF I'm having issues and it's causing a limp, I will quit and go home. But, given my recent experience, the run will be ok. If it is not painful/causing a limp, I will run. She is worried about a limp b/c a limp will cause overcompensation by other systems and will cause further problems. She is not overly concerned about damaging my foot. She said everything seems to be working just fine, and after the work she did today, may be fine tomorrow - normally she sees immediate relief and didn't see that in me today so that's where her concern came in. BUT, if things are overly inflammed, she said she may not see results today and it'll take time for things to settle down before I feel the relief from today's treatment.

I will be skipping my two 4 milers next week (Monday and Wednesday) and will start up again with the 9 miler next Friday.

I am SEVERELY hesitant to give up a long run. Long runs are the most important runs in regard to endurance training... you can't build endurance without practicing endurance. The 4 milers are used for recovery and speed work. I can skip those. I can't skip the long run.

BUT, I will use my head and will quit if it's needed. Typically, the first few steps hurt and after that things settle down and work well.

I will do an epsom salt soak again tonight and will ice bath it tomorrow after I run. Yesterday's run just felt so great, so I can't imagine tomorrow's will be much different. My fingers are crossed anyway.

Comment

• What if you walk with a mid-foot strike? Does that ease it at all?

Good luck!
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• No. It's really weird. Doctor can't even explain it. Everything she's doing should be making a difference and it's really not. It's more the push off than the landing that hurts it. If I take a shortened step and don't roll up on my toes much when I walk, it's better, but not perfect - which might explain why it's ok when I run - I don't run on my toes and I take a short stride (higher cadence/more steps per mile) reducing the time I actually spend on my foot. Princess of Pain thinks it should hurt equally as bad if not worse when I run so she's just as baffled as me. Might go see my OD tomorrow to get her opinion on it. Maybe she'll prescribe me a stronger anti-inflammatory to speed the process (or give a steroid or something). Maybe a steroid and 1 week off will be enough to make it better. *shrug*

Comment

• Bleh, that sucks Jenn. I hope the run goes well tomorrow and they get you squared away afterwards.

Comment

• Hang in there. You'll figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X