No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just realized something while reading/commenting on Paula's journal... my family is not paleo - or even primal - by any stretch. I strive to be. Our household meals are more primal than not, but it's still not 100% there... and I don't think it ever will be... so I'll be perpetually making two meals every single night until the kids move out... which feels like a prison sentence.

If only I didn't react to dairy... if only it wasn't a trigger for me. it seems like such a hard task to avoid dairy... if only it wasn't so hard to get back on the no-dairy track once I've stepped off...

Man... feeling pretty bummed right now - over dairy. Really?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I'm sorry the dairy woes are getting you down Maybe if you think of it as a true allergy it will help you stay clear of it and eventually the craving/yearning will subside. I am totally lactose intolerant - so even a slight bit of milk or ice cream without a lactaid will send me into digestive agony and explosive diarrhea........... that's enough to call it the bane of satan in my book.

Awesome fish!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Sympathy for your dairy woes and I hope you resolve your foot issue. Glad you've maintained instead of gained!
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
        Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Holy crap! That run totally sucked! It was hot and I felt heavy... I blame my lack of diet over the last few days and a totally stale 3.5 mile route.

Foot squaked during the first 1/4 mile or so and then quieted down to a mild whisper. Still only whispering when I walk. But, before I headed out, I took 800 mg of ibuprofen, so that might be why it quieted down. Quads started talking in one spot each during the last mile. Felt like a knot had formed. I really need to spend some time rolling things out tonight.

I'm toying with the idea of retiring from half marathoning after this year. It seems every time I try, I end up with some kind of issue. It's disheartening to give up, but it's disheartening to constantly feel like I'm injured too. Maybe I'm just not built to be a runner and I should accept it and move on... it's just frustrating b/c there are people who are bigger than me who have done less training than I do who are perfectly capable of running these long distances injury free. And I know this isn't an "injury" but it feels like one when it's acting up and training goes ary b/c of it... I have until December 7 to make the decision, I guess.

Comment

• Maybe you should take up female heavy lifting? You could ROCK that!

Have you had an x-ray? Maybe you have a bone spur? or a cyst?
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• It's 100% pinched nerve, Tomi. The pain goes away periodically as inflammation reduces and she's able to work the area and release the nerve, allowing it to feel amazing for a couple days. One of the ways you can tell if it's nerve is how the pain feels. This is a shooting pain and radiates across the top of my foot. Radiating or shooting pain, when not a broken bone, is typically nerve pain. Plus, there's no pinpointable pain spot like there would be with a spur or fracture.

I wanted to share aomething... This is what happens when I eat dairy:

1373370802419.jpg

Yes, that's a boobshot... would be more enjoyable if it wasn't covered on zits... I really need to ditch the dairy.

Comment

• I thought you were pointing out that your boobs got bigger. I was going to say "Eat up Girl!"
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• well that's a really good reason to ditch dairy

thanks for the foot info. too bad you can go to the princess every couple days to keep the nerve free and the pain and bay.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• No, Paula, my boobs are not bigger... they're deflating...

Been VERY busy at work today... new boss so all kinds of things are being updated/changed, etc.

Comment

• good luck with the new boss............

my boobs are also deflating! UGH........... hubby is in mourning.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• cleaned out my inbox at Paula's prodding... I went from 2105 messages down to 1.

Comment

• nice job!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• So.... hmmm... interesting correlation here. My foot it seems is not just irritated nerve-wise. I think there is a bit of tendonitis going on as well... so, as I was running today I was considering all the things that changed around the time that the foot pain started to escalate... I searched back through my journal here and discovered my foot pain started on or around the 20th. I searched back a bit further and realized that I broke my whole30 on the 16th.

Now, I'm not saying that Whole30 is my answer... but I do believe it is PART of the answer. My suspicion is that the inflammation I'm experiencing that is causing this tendonitis is part and parcel to numerous things - first and foremost being running a lot, but I think I'd be ok if my diet was still one of an anti-inflammatory nature - i.e. dairy free.

Since I've reintroduced dairy, I've developed a dry stuffiness in my nose, a constant need to clear my throat, increased 'stuff' in my eyes upon waking, changes in BM consistency (not frequency, just consistency), zits on my face and chest, and this foot pain... I've gained a bit of weight (3 lbs) and my belly is a touch more squishy (bloat??). So, I'll be doing another experiment...

No dairy for 2 weeks. This makes me sad b/c I've been enjoying strawberries and whipped heavy cream again. I will be starting this tomorrow b/c lunch today is heavy in the cream and I have no other option b/c the cafeteria is long since closed and I have no other food.

I am optimistic that this will relieve the inflammation and make my foot feel better again. *fingers crossed*

Comment

• Have you tried whipping coconut milk like heavy cream? Really hits the spot when I'm desperate for whipped cream.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I haven't but I will.

*** TMI

Russian Circus has started. The cramps and spasms are back and just as bad as they were last month. Last month I suspected it could have been either Vitex or the probiotic causing them... but I have not taken either of them for the entire month, so that should sufficiently rule those two possible causes out. The cramping and spasms disturbed my sleep last night and I ended up grabbing a heating pad and sleeping on my stomach on it starting about 2:30. Slept well after that. The anti-inflammatory the dr prescribed for this situation is not helping a single bit. Not one iota... It IS however, helping my foot. No toe soreness today and only mild nerve pain in the ankle. I can't take any ibuprofen with this anti-inflammatory, but I can take Tylenol. Might see if it will help with the cramping/spasming. I think the human cannonball act is the first act to take place in my circuses now and it's a 2 day show... Ugh...

*** /TMI

Donating blood this afternoon and then off the rest of the day. Off tomorrow for Furlough Friday.

OH! Not sure if any of you saw on Facebook yesterday but I got a haul from my garden last night! I got 6 zucchini, 3 yellow/summer squash, and 3 cucumbers. 4 of the zucchini are HUGE! I'll post a pic in a little bit. Gonna have to do it from the phone app.

I suppose. Gonna try to get a little bit of journal reading done. Been really busy at work with the new commander transitioning in and it's completely sucked up all my "goof off and read MDA" time...

Comment

Working...
                                X