No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LifeAlert is a great device. My grandmother lives by herself in the middle of the woods. She has friends who stop by and check on her, nurses too, I think, but she has used her bracelet button more than a few times. It hasn't been the difference between life and death, but better not to take any chances.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Funerals suck.

Oh and saw 175 today... wedding day weight...

That is all...

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• they do for sure. But now its over and the healing can start.

HUGS from Oregon!

you're 6 pounds ahead of me! I'm still playing around at 180.6. Maybe next week I'll break into the 170s again.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Congrats Jenn! Take it easy this weekend
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Broke my whole30 on buffalo wild wings. Got traditional wings to avoid the gluten containing breading and wedges bc I like their wedges. I woke up in so much pain today! Every joint in my body hurt. I could barely walk to the bathroom from the stiffness in my ankles. It sucked... lesson learned.

It was good tho...

Happy fathers day to any fathers that follow me. Thinking there aren't any, but in case there are...

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
              Funerals suck.

Oh and saw 175 today... wedding day weight...

That is all...

Fantastic! You've convinced me. I'm combining keto + W30. . Good work!

PS - Funerals do suck. Many hugs. <3
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
              Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                Broke my whole30 on buffalo wild wings. Got traditional wings to avoid the gluten containing breading and wedges bc I like their wedges. I woke up in so much pain today! Every joint in my body hurt. I could barely walk to the bathroom from the stiffness in my ankles. It sucked... lesson learned.

It was good tho...

Happy fathers day to any fathers that follow me. Thinking there aren't any, but in case there are...

Isn't it amazing how our bodies react from going completely clean to not?
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
                Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Originally posted by kalli889 View Post
                  Isn't it amazing how our bodies react from going completely clean to not?
                  Yes... I told SIL about it and she said that she's gotten panic attacks again since giving up her whole30 and being too relaxed with primal. I got back on track right away (but did have a klondike bar tonight) and she declared today clean it up day and came back to primal. Hopefully I don't feel so stiff tomorrow but my left sciatic is talking quietly so we will see.

Comment

• Ok, I am easily amused by ironic stuff... and this made me chuckle.... b/c it's ironic.

I shared a photo on Facebook of the USDA "dinner plate" but instead of the words "meat, veggies, fruit, grains" that are usually on it, it says "Don't eat processed crap". MIL liked it... this woman eats processed crap all the time... cookies, Sierra Mist with splenda, pasta, baked beans, breads... processed crap... it just makes me laugh...

Brad seems to be getting closer and closer to doing a whole30 with me. Last night as we went to bed, he asked if he could still eat bacon and fruit for breakfast on a whole30. I told him mine and SIL's thoughts on how he'd do on a whole30 - we both think he'd lose 30 lbs easily, and I told him that his IBS symptoms would probably go away - or at the very least become less bothersome. He's the gassiest man I know and on occasion I have the misfortune to hear him in the bathroom.

Last night he wanted pizza for his Father's Day dinner (I was going to make him Chicken Scampi via Peace, Love and Low Carb), so he ordered a barbecue beef pizza from Casey's. This morning he sent me a text stating that he was going to be buying lunch from the cafeteria b/c he feels like garbage after eating pizza last night and didn't want to eat the leftovers. He said that he should have just gone with the scampi. lol He's learning.

I sent a message to SIL telling her that Brad is getting more interested in doing a whole30 and that for moral support, we'll probably have to do it with him - which I would do without question. She indicated that she would as well.

For some reason, the idea of him doing a whole30 raises my anxiety. It's weird. I can do one with no problem, but the idea of him doing one brings about the stress of making sure he's eating right - as the food preparer in the family. Like I'll have to babysit him or something. It's easy to keep myself in check and make allowances and/or think about what could be ordered on a menu when we go out to eat and mentally weigh how it'll work... it's another thing to think about doing this for another person.

For instance, butter... he won't be able to have butter... or white potatoes... which means he'll have to start liking sweet potatoes and other veggies. Ugh... I've been excited about getting him to do a whole30 but now I realize how much more work it's going to be! lol

One last thing - as a result of my transgression on Saturday, I am up 3 lbs... >.<

Comment

• We all need a little "break" from being perfect! But - unfortunately most of the time we pay for it in one way or another. My cheat is always rum. I ate a handful of m&m's last night..
                      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Would it be too difficult to start him off with a Primal30 or do you suspect that excluding dairy would be largely beneficial to him as well?
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• You know, Primal30 might be a good start. I do think that getting him off dairy would be beneficial as well, but I don't know what the benefits would be. His sister is lactose intolerant, so I wonder if he could be as well. He doesn't have any acne or eczema and doesn't seem phlegmy, so if he's got any intolerances to dairy, it will likely be digestively. I get phlegmy and break out when I consume too much dairy.

Speaking of which, I will be sticking, for the most part, with the whole30 rules and allow for some dairy maybe once a week or so. There are some recipes that our family loves but they contain parmesan cheese and cream. We're not willing to give them up permanently, so maybe one a week would be ok.

Not planning to do a 21 day sugar detox at this point. I think the extra 18 days on the whole30 helped me ward off the sugar addiction. I haven't dove face first into sugar. Normally I would have already made a ton of different sugar containing snacks and devoured them. I'm quite surprised. I did have some of mom's refrigerator pickles though (cucumbers, onion, vinegar, water, sugar). They were good. I will have to see if I can make some with honey instead of refined sugar.

Comment

• How exciting that Brad is so close to making the transition! Its really HUGE for a person to see how eating something like pizza makes them feel really lousy! As for the whole30 or primal30? I think easing him into this new way of eating would be the better then throwing him straight into a whole30. You must be so excited that he's even suggesting doing this!!! I wish my hubby would follow my lead.

I'm on day 21 of my whole30. Cheats have been very minor and I'm not sweating them at all. I'm down 9 pounds - hit 178 this morning!

I'm sure those 3 pounds will fall off as quickly as they came! Tomorrow or Wednesday you'll be back to 175.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, I think easing him in would be better too... Maybe getting him completely primal first would be best. He has a lot of bad habits - nightly ice cream, daily pepsi consumption, candy, etc. Finding an appropriate sugar substitute for him will be most important - I personally love fruit and hope he'll become more interested as time goes by. Eat Like a Dinosaur has a caramel recipe that I might use as he likes apples with caramel. I believe the caramel is made with maple syrup instead of refined sugars. It also has some chocolate covered nuts recipes, and I'm sure I could substitute raisins for the nuts (raisinettes are one of his favorite treats).

Then once he's comfortable with primal, and hopefully steadily losing weight and feeling better, we can ease into the whole30. I agree with you and Tasha both - whole30 will probably be too overwhelming for him right now.

Comment

• Time to run... not really looking forward to it. It's 84 degrees out there. Oy! I forgot my fuel belt, so I'll have to carry a bottle of water with me - I hate carrying stuff while I run. I really need to remember to put that danged belt in my bag!

Anyhow, off I go - 3.5 miles on the plan for today.

Comment

Working...
                                X