No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *hugs* Take it easy. I hope the days off can be at least somewhat restorative.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm sorry you're family is being hit so hard right now. I hope you can find a little comfort in knowing your MDA family is praying and caring.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Thinking of y'all and Brad's family. Hugs.

Comment

• I'm sure there's tons of stress --- if you keep true to your whole30 you'll have one thing in all this chaos that you can truly have control over. Whatever you decide to do food-wise - do what's best for you.

Hope all is well.............
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• So far I have remained compliant. Sadly, sister-in-law gave hers up for a glass of red wine. No sure I can blame her there. But then she followed it up with buffalo wild wings today. I hope she gets back on track. I think it'll help her get through this.

Grandma is doing well and is being released tomorrow. I suspect she'll start to get upset upon returning home. She already told me she's not sure how she'll ever go back to that house again. I feel so badly for her. She and Grandpa were together for 65 years. They dated for 5 years before they got married.

I can't imagine what it would be like to lose Brad after 9 years together, much less 65. But she has a great support system and a lot of people who love her so I know she'll make it through. Her pain breaks my heart though.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• When my FIL passed away - he collapsed right in the dining room. Was on his way to get his nitro pills, after bringing in a load of firewood. He didn't get there fast enough and he was gone. MIL saw him fall, tried to do CPR while on the phone with 911 - but he was gone before she ever got to him. She still lives in the house where he passed away - walks over the spot where he fell every time she passes through the dining room. I don't know how she does it. They were married for 65 years and had dated for several years before that. We all thought she'd pass quickly after him - but its been nearly 8 years and she's still with us. She will turn 90 this October. Its amazing what the human will can withstand. People are often stronger than we think.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                Thinking of y'all and Brad's family. Hugs.
                +1
                My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Continued good thoughts and prayers for You, Brad and Grandma. Hugs.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Grandma is home. She meets with the funeral director in a few minutes. Once they're done, we will be taking the kids over to see her. We're hoping they help to cheer her up. I worry about what Brady will say bc kids just don't think like adults and don't understand sensitivity, so we'll see how that goes. He and Grandpa were buds.

Sticking to whole30 but having increasingly frequent thoughts about just going with straight up primal... but I know once I do, I'll start breaking even primal rules. Some day I will be behaved enough to go straight primal with no cheating.

Lost 3 more pounds. Yeah, the whole no weighing thing didn't last very long. Up to 45 lbs total lost now. 16 pounds since April 29th. I hope this continues. Only 1 pound away from my next goal: wedding day weight of 175. I have seen that since October 2005.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                      When my FIL passed away - he collapsed right in the dining room. Was on his way to get his nitro pills, after bringing in a load of firewood. He didn't get there fast enough and he was gone. MIL saw him fall, tried to do CPR while on the phone with 911 - but he was gone before she ever got to him. She still lives in the house where he passed away - walks over the spot where he fell every time she passes through the dining room. I don't know how she does it. They were married for 65 years and had dated for several years before that. We all thought she'd pass quickly after him - but its been nearly 8 years and she's still with us. She will turn 90 this October. Its amazing what the human will can withstand. People are often stronger than we think.
                      You have a wicked strong mother in law, Tomi. Grandpa Tyler didn't have any heart problems and none of the standard old people issues. We think it was a pulmonary embolism or a massive heart attack, but he didn't complain that his chest hurt. When asked what was wrong, he said 'I don't know'. We figure if it was a heart attack he'd have felt pain and commented as such. He was a smoker for 70 years so the embolism is highly likely, but so is a heart attack or stroke. But they didn't do an autopsy and he's now creamated, so we'll never really know.

I think Grandma will end up moving in with one of the kids bc she's got neuropathy and falls occasionally and will need someone who can help her and keep track of her. We're still trying to figure out what to do and no one has ever broached the subject with her b/c, well, we expected her to go first considering all her ailments. There are a lot of serious decisions to be made very soon.

Comment

• This is really hard for families, especially when it was so unexpected and sudden. I hope everything can be worked out and everyone is agreement and happy with the outcome - especially Brad's Grandmother. Losing a spouse and then having to move too - boy, big changes and major stressors for her. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

As for the whole30/primal .............. just do what you have to as long as your taking care of yourself in the process.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Thanks for the well wishes. I came back to work today b/c I didn't know how bereavement leave worked. I didn't know if I could use sick leave or if I had to take vacation, so I came in to save my vacation. Turns out, it's sick leave that's used. Grandpa's services are on Friday afternoon, so I'll be taking Friday off for three total days off of work. I'm very glad we can use sick instead of being forced to use annual leave. Now we can still plan on taking the kids camping in July.

Weight is up 1 lb today. I think it's b/c we had marinated chicken last night. I learned that there's a tiny bit of soybean oil in the marinade they used (to prevent caking it says) and the sodium content is likely high on the marinade too. Chicken was ok. I had tomato basil chicken and Brad had mesquite. I'll be eatin a mesquite one today b/c the grill is evil and burned my other tomato basil chicken breast. Stupid grill - burns one piece of meat EVERY. TIME. And when I think I have it figured out which area burns, and I don't put meat there, a different area burns the meat... so annoying.

Brad is at Grandma's right now with Makenna. Hopefully she's helping to cheer Grandma up. I wish I was there.

Supposed to be getting some big storms today. I asked Brad to ensure he's picked Brady up from the Latchkey before they strike as there are supposed to be tornados with these storms and I don't want my wee man getting crushed under a cinderblock wall like those poor kids in Oklahoma. The building he's in is old old old and made of cinder blocks and has no basement, much like the school in OK, so at home is where I'd prefer him to be... under the table in the southwest corner of the basement. Most of our tornadoes (ok all of them) have come from the southwest, so my thinking is that if one hits, the house and other debris will blow from southwest to northeast, hopefully minimizing the amount of crap that falls on that table, preventing my kiddos from being injured. Sorry. I'm neurotic. You should have seen me when I was pregnant. My doctor laughed at me for being so neurotic, but humored me with every requested blood test, etc, b/c she is the same way. It's just how I work. Under the stairs is supposedly the best place to hide, but our stairs are "incomplete" and not the best place to hide, plus the underside is exposed/would be exposed to flying debris/glass. They're a cheap, temporary set of stairs we built when we put in the house - they will be done differently when the basement is finished. At some point, when we put on the porch out front, we'll have a storm cellar/room built under the porch (like my mom has) but for now, the southeast corner is best.

Sorry... thinking out loud.

Back to work... gotta get this DAU course done. Received an email that I only have 15 days left to complete it and I'm only about 2/3 of the way through.

*man, I feel munchy today...

Comment

• If you have a basement bathroom or washroom, have him in there. The pipes in the walls strengthen their wind resistance. In a tub with something over him is even better. If you don't have that, your best bet is another small enclosed space, like a closet, with something over him to shield him from debris. Most deaths from tornado are from debris lacerations.
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• We don't have a basement washroom and our pipes are all interior, not in walls. Our basement is just 4 concrete walls - a big rectangle with a house on top. Two egress/escape well windows to the east and two little regular basement windows to the west.

I caught the half marathon bug by signing up for the St. Jude Half in December. As a result, I have signed up for two additional races. Both in September, and I'm considering one for October. I'll be able to completely train for the first two on Furlough Fridays. Maintenance (8 mile long run each week) will have to occur on Saturdays for the race in December, which mileage ramping up again in November to reach the peak.

Strength training will have to be cut down to 2x per week... until the long runs occur on Saturday, then 3x per week. Going to have to research whether or not to continue increasing the weight I lift, or if I should level off. Gonna ask RelayGirl about it. She's a half marathoner here.

Training starts today with a 3.5 mile run.

Comment

• Good luck with your training! I hope all goes well.

Comment

Working...
                                X