My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    In order to do anything above and beyond secretary around here, I have GOT to get ACQ Level 1 qualified. Or I'll be here forever. It's a requirement on the position description on many of the jobs around here.
    Makes sense. All I have to do to get promoted is kiss ass and wait for chief to die. Sadly, he is in very good health. (actually, he is not a bad guy so I should not say sadly)

Comment

• Saw this on facebook and thought it hilarious enough to post everywhere:

It's National eggs (whites and yolks), milk, butter, yogurt, whey, nonfat milk and nonfat whey, 100% vegetable oil shortening, partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil, all monoglycerides, diglycerides and enzymes are vegetable based. soy based lecithin, wheats, including bran, germ, gluten, starch, sugar and flour. may contain allergens Day!
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
        Saw this on facebook and thought it hilarious enough to post everywhere:

It's National eggs (whites and yolks), milk, butter, yogurt, whey, nonfat milk and nonfat whey, 100% vegetable oil shortening, partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil, all monoglycerides, diglycerides and enzymes are vegetable based. soy based lecithin, wheats, including bran, germ, gluten, starch, sugar and flour. may contain allergens Day!
        holy sh!tballs, that is farking funny right there! Thanks for the laugh!

Julia

Comment

• If you guys pray or whatever, say a prayer for Brad and his family. Brad's grandpa died suddenly this morning. I assume it was a heart attack. This was completely unexpected as Grandpa was healthy as a horse. He was 80 years old and still chopping wood and fishing everyday. This has me floored. Totally unexpected. Grandma and Grandpa had been married for 60 years. I can't even imagine what this is doing to her or how she is going to cope. So, whatever you guys do for people in need, pray or whatever, please do it for them today.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• So sorry, Prayers on the way.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I don't get it. Grandma is the one with the pace maker and type 2 but Grandpa is the one to die of a massive heart attack. Makes no sense. Not that I think it should have been her.... bc I don't. I just don't get it. We didn't expect him to be the one taken.

Comment

• So sorry to hear about this. My thoughts with you, Brad, and the rest of the family.

Comment

• Praying. So very sorry.......... Its always harder to deal with a death when there was no warning.
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion
                  9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Oh gosh! So sorry to hear this

Comment

• Oh my. Y'all are in my thoughts. Be safe.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• And now Grandma Tyler has been transported to the hospital. High blood sugar, variable heart rate and seizures. Poor woman. Pace maker is apparently not working properly... not regulating her heart rate like it's supposed to. Like she's not under enough stress. *sigh*

Comment

• Oh shit! Y'all are definitely in my thoughts.
                          Last edited by naiadknight; 06-09-2013, 11:52 AM.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            Oh shit! Y' al lare definitely in my thoughts.
                            Yes, this is the suck Thoughts are with you Jenn

Comment

• Thanks guys.

Comment

• It's so incredibly difficult to see the people you love most in the world hurt so much.

Grandma seems to be ok physically. Pace maker is working fine, but was at the wrong setting to cover the tachycardia she had today, and meds may have been too low as well. Drs are making adjustments to help.

In the meantime, everyone's trying to deal with losing Grandpa and the stress with Grandma, while trying to keep her calm to avoid another spell. It's been a really rough day and my head has been hurting for two days. Tension headache I'm sure.

Brad is holding up well but FIL and Aunt are having a rough go of it. Seeing them hurt kills me. Just 5 years ago they lost their brother in a car accident so this is reminiscent of that.

Grandma is in the hospital until Tuesday at the earliest, then we will have Grandpa's services. I get 3 days off, but might take the whole week. Will see how things go.

Remaining whole30 compliant through this all, despite my desires to relax. I know I won't find solice in a bowl of candy or a basket of bread, so why bother? But to just be able to grab a slab of cheese as a snack or a glass of wine to unwind has been tempting.

Anyhow, thank you everyone for the support. I've dealt with death many times before, to include two grandfathers and a grandmother of my own but this one has been a huge blow.

It's been rough...

Comment

Working...
                                X