No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Brad is getting closer and closer to adopting Primal for real. The other night while we were eating dinner, I mentioned that I found a Paleo "cornbread" recipe and pinned it to pinterest. He said "cornbread? I might be able to actually do this now."

He's also been impressing upon our kids that certain food items are not meant to be eaten and we should make better choices. For instance, hot dogs. He is reaching the point where the kids are not allowed to eat hotdogs (despite having 3 packs in the fridge) and has informed me not to buy them anymore. We are considering getting some from Wallace Farms, but he didn't really seem to like that idea either.

Last night, Brady ate pork chop with mashed potatoes. Makenna ate her potatoes and no meat. Brady tried my sweet potato and LOVED IT. I didn't even get to finish it b/c he wanted more so I gave him mine off my plate. He asked me to make them for him again.

I struggle with feeding my kids b/c I always fall back on "well, at least they're eating something" when I feed them something poor. But after watching Food Inc today, I'm probably not going to have that problem anymore. Our doctor always says that they'll eat when they hungry - and when they're hungry, present them only with the stuff you want them to eat. Eventually they'll eat it. I think back to what we ate as kids and it was always what mom and stepdad ate - never anything different b/c we didn't like what was prepared. We either ate it or we went hungry. We're starting to instill this kind of dinner time in our home. That way, at least the kids will be eating a more paleo friendly meal at least once in the day... lunch and breakfast are fed at school/daycare, and is (somewhat) out of my control.

I'm hoping to make it to the farmer's market tomorrow. Not sure what I plan to buy - but I definitely want to go. I miss the market. Still considering buying a quarter beef and a pig from local farmers to avoid CAFO farms. Even though the pig will be fed corn and soy. Wallace Farms pigs are given some conventional grain feed, so I might as well get them from the local guy that works with FIL. It'll still result in taking money out of the large corporation's hands. Chickens... still have to source chickens... but there's a local-ish farm that sells chickens and stuff. Going to look at their website some more.

Almost time to bug out for the weekend. Racing tonight and tomorrow night. Have a good weekend if I don't get on before Monday.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Glad to hear Brad is getting close to turning away from the dark side! I still have hopes for hubby - but right now they are still dismal hopes. He's still in love with Oreo's and all things "junk".

Have fun at the races!

Yeah for big money on the credit card bill Progress.........
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Have fun Jenn!
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
          I'm about to drop an $1,100 payment on my credit card... heart is racing and POUNDING. Anxiety over money much???
          A lesson I've learned-- Feel the fear and do it anyway!!

Comment

• Motor broke again. Two weeks in a row that a bolt has broken in the motor and side lined us for the night. Changing out all the bolts tomorrow in case we got a bad lot with the first batch... would hate to break a bolt tomorrow night when we're running for points. Tonight we were just running for fun.

Have no hear, Marcadav. I made the payment.

Comment

• Shark week started with no warning again. Beginning to think this is going to be the norm. It'll be intereating to see how tomorrow and Monday go pain-wise.

Went to the farmers market and bought a ton of meat. 4 pks pork chops, 2 pks tbones, whole cut up chicken and a tri-tip steak. Spent a LOT of money. Plan to buy a side of beef and a whole pig from local farmers and stock the freezer. Found out stepmoms boss does 100% free range foraged chickens. Eggs are reasonable in price at $2.50 a dozen. Cant wait to start buying from her.

Got motor fixed and headed to the track now.

OH! and my blueberry bush has berries coming on!!! See?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Wait... where's my pic?? There it is...

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  Wait... where's my pic?? There it is...

Mmmmm...blueberries!
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
                  Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• OMG I FUCKING HATE BEING A WOMAN. SOOOOOOO MUCH PAIN RIGHT NOW.

Comment

• I should elaborate... if I move just right, my colon or something goes into these horrible horrible spasms. I am in agony. This kind of pain should be illegal.

Comment

• OH Jenn - that sounds awful! have you tried a heating pad on your belly or a hot bath? 800 mg Ibuprofen? Midol? I just cringe thinking about you being in that kind of pain - sometimes being a woman absolutely sucks!
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I'm at the race track and have no access to any of th ose options. I did some googling and found some possibilities of what it could be but the symptoms don't match exactly. And I know they don't always have to, but the timing for the symptoms google provided don't match.

Comment

• Feeling better so far today. I hope it continues.

Going out to breakfast with hubby and kids then to feed the ducks. Eventually I need to pick up the rest of my groceries. Got meat at the farmers market so the rest is just fruit and veggies. Oh, pullups and diapers for the youngest. Hoping for a good day.

Comment

• Yesterday was a much better day than Saturday. Time to move on now.

After today I'll have a 1st grader. I can't believe it. Where does the time go?

HONGRY this morning. Day 35 of the Whole63. Still at 179. Happy with this.

Overhead press day. It's deload week, which means I'm lifting significantly lighter this week to give the muscles a 'break' before lifting heavy again next week. Which reminds me. I need to get onto Strength Standards and find out what my plan is for the next 4 weeks.

TIRED today. Not sure why. As far as I know, I slept well. Brady woke up at 12:30 with a bout of diarrhea. Got him back to bed and crashed almost as soon as my head hit the pillow again.

I need to buy some work clothes. I have $100 in gift cards to Kohl's and a 15% off coupon, so I'll probably order online and get some stuff coming to me. My pants are too big and it's annoying as hell. I have to wear a belt out of necessity now.

Oh my, I'm tired... *yawn* Mondays... grrr...

Comment

• Hooray for stable weight, gift cards, coupons, AND the need for smaller clothes!
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X