No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was spying on you again. Like! Way to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      Damn, Jenn! Doing great! You're one hell of an inspiration!
      ditto! You keep me pushing forward!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I was talking to a guy who owns a gym in the area. It's called Biomechanical Performance Specialties (is that a cool freaking name for a gym or what??). He's training one of my favorite people in the world and she's been posting comments about the training on Facebook. Through my suggestions and questions about her routine, etc, he added me as a friend and we've been talking.

Anyhow, we had an awesome and fun conversation about weight training and he was trying to convince me to start going to his gym (3x per week with a personal trainer, $110 - um, that's richer than my blood and I go to the gym 5x per week, so...). Through our conversation it was brought up that I'd love to become a personal trainer and he alluded that if I were to get my certification, there may be a place for me at his gym... for realz???

In 2011, I developed the goal of wanting to get my personal training certification, but I didn't because who wants a fat trainer?? So, my goal was to lose the weight so I could be a credible trainer. Then, of course, life happened and certain goals take a back seat to others - except the goal to lose weight. That one has always been at the forefront of my mind - hence one of the reasons I'm here. But NOW, thanks to the chat with this guy yesterday, the training goal is coming forward again. I think I might research the different training certifications and see what is out there. Most are distance learning types of programs, but others have some residency requirements and all that. I think I'll ask this guy which one he recommends and go from there. I'm thinking this could work as a 3-5 year goal. It could coincide with my debt pay off goal - once I get things paid off, I can quit my job and start training or something. Lots of details to work out, of course, but I think I would still like to do this whole personal training thing... and with the dialogs I've been having with people regarding paleo and strength training and so many people telling me I'm an inspiration and I motivate them to take action, maybe that's a good path for me to take. Time will tell, I guess.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• That is a really exciting Goal. Go for it.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Jenn --- I can totally see you doing that! And with the right business skills you could make a very good living at it! Freelance trainers get paid well! Go for it!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Watching Food Inc. I'm disgusted and rather outraged.

Comment

• I dug up negative reviews of it on Amazon. Makes me skeptical. Documentaries are interesting, but they can be highly manipulative.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• I think you have a great goal. Quit the gov't drag and do something you love.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    I think you have a great goal. Quit the gov't drag and do something you love.
                    This.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• This is a really exciting goal! I'm excited for you!

And I've seen FOOD INC. I think it's a good documentary.
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
                      Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Everyone has an agenda... It's just driving me to want to budget for local meats and to grow a larger garden next year (to include potatoes and other stuff I'm not growing now) to avoid anything that is mass produced. I find the practices in the food industry to be unscrupulous and wish I could 'stick it to the man', so to speak. I'm thoroughly disgusted. I think I'll make a trip to the farmer's market tomorrow instead of heading to Walmart and HyVee.

Going to be calling the grass fed farm again to see if she's got any cattle ready. Probably going to end up buying pork from Wallace Farms, a sustainable farm in northern Iowa. Brad wants us to buy it from a local guy ($100 a pig), but I believe he feeds corn and soy based feeds to his pigs. His small scale "hobby farm" (I say hobby b/c he has a full time job as a mechanic in an office furniture plant - works with FIL) is still miles better than a cafo farm, even if he does feed corn and soy b/c I'll be voting with my dollars.

I keep considering where I would pull the money from to buy a quarter beef or a pig right now... I keep coming back to the furlough fund and my argument for why that would be ok is b/c if I have a freezer full of meat and a garden full of veggies, I don't NEED a grocery budget. That won't help me come winter when my garden is dead and I'm back to the grocery stores again, though... but by then I'll be back to a full salary.

I'm so conflicted by this. I abhor Monsanto and everything they are doing and I want to completely step away from anything they produce or are affiliated with. Unfortunately, their reach is far b/c they've also got fingers in the clothing business with GMO cotton and such.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          I dug up negative reviews of it on Amazon. Makes me skeptical. Documentaries are interesting, but they can be highly manipulative.
                          Everything has a negative review on Amazon... lol

Comment

• Yeah, but it's good for perspective. I read negative reviews for everything I buy. Usually I can rule them out, but I felt that some of the reviews were fairly valid on this documentary.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Well, I didn't pay anything for it, so I don't think I'm out anything, even if it is a bunch of crap.

I think I'm eating too much fruit... been having some digestive distress that leads me to believe there's a bit of bacterial overgrowth going on. Going to stop at the hippy store and pick up some pro-biotics and see if I can solve the problem that way. If not, I guess I'll have to cut back on the fruit - which is fine b/c I really don't need that much sugar anyway.

Comment

• I'm about to drop an $1,100 payment on my credit card... heart is racing and POUNDING. Anxiety over money much???

Comment

Working...
                                X