My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    There is a difference between 'shame on you' and 'let's f*ck over this poor dude's career because of a pissing contest between a woman and her ex'

drone strikes on Americans = ok
    sleeping with a seperated person = omfg noooooooooooo!

army logic.
    +1,000,000
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
      Yeah, sounds like a cake assignment. Still, more power to him for finding one of the three decent gigs in the Army.
      It's the chance of a lifetime b/c out of the entire 500,000 soldier force, he was one of 10 selected for the assignment.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
        It's the chance of a lifetime b/c out of the entire 500,000 soldier force, he was one of 10 selected for the assignment.
        Wow. I hope it works out for him.

Comment

Tomi, I believe you are a minority when it comes to sex conservation...
          that's okay -- I have to say I'm proud of myself for not sharing the goods with just anybody. I had plenty of opportunities - but chose to hold out for the ones who truly counted. I wish I could say I've been with only ONE man......... cuz he's really the only one that truly loves me. First husband was a big mistake! Second husband = first love and only love.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Kind of annoyed with home daycare... it was so much more convenient to have her at the daycare center. I'm planning on taking the 5th of July off b/c the general instituted liberal leave, which means supervisors cannot deny a leave request unless there's a really really really good reason, even if it means an office will be closed. So, I told Brad. He says "find out if SIL's open that day". SIL is planning to take the day off - even though it's not in the contract as a day off.

So whatever Brad may have had planned, and despite whether or not I'd have to work, I will likely not have a sitter for that day for her. I believe the latchkey is open though, so Brady will have a place to go - I have to check.

This is annoying to me because I am paying her to watch my kid from 7-5 M-F except on designated days. It should not matter if I have the day off or if Brad has the day off. We are paying her to watch our kid. So if I happen to take a day off to get things done or to just kick back and relax for one freaking day without kids, I can't do it b/c she has decided to also take the day off...

This wasn't a problem at the daycare center. And they didn't judge me for leaving her at the daycare even though I had the day off. So often I wish we'd just stayed where we were... The hours were better and it didn't matter if one of the care providers was sick - the daycare was still open.

Maybe I'll check with the center and see what the drop-in rate is.

PS Despite Brad and I once considering pulling Makenna from SIL's daycare and taking her back to the center b/c of it being more convenient for us, we can't since Makenna is going to preschool this fall. The center does not transport to preschool unless they go to the church based preschool (they can only get reimbursed by the state for transporting to the church based school b/c the center does not teach theology in their preschool program).
            Last edited by jenn26point2; 05-23-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• One thing I find interesting is that in the State of Ohio, if a married couple separates and divorces and said couple has children, they do not take the affair into consideration in regards to custody or the reason for divorce. You can divorce due to adultery, but that cannot be used to determine custodial rights. So if the wife has an affair, she should have no trouble getting full custody of the kids. I heard that from a family law attorney recently. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with day care anymore. That sucks your SIL threw that date out as a date she's taking off.
              Georgette

Comment

• So, I decided to take measurements even though I'm not done with my whole 30... I have lost 4.75 inches and 3.09% body fat in the last 25 days - either from diet or exercise, I don't care. I also lost 9.6 lbs, BUUuuUUUt those pounds were regained prior to my Whole30, so they don't really count.

Comment

• Brad's going to check with stepmom to see when she'd be interested in taking the kids for a while so we can go fishing. I want to go fishing something fierce but don't feel comfortable taking our kids b/c they tend to not listen to us very well - and while that's fine in some situations (allbeit disrespectful and needs to be beat out of them lol) on the river is NOT one of those situations where it is ok.

Comment

• I hope MIL will come through for you so you and Brad can have some time alone to fish (and stuff) Is you're daughter the ONLY child SIL is watching? and if there is a contract - why is she not abiding by it?

It doesn't matter if the weight is a loss from a previous gain - its still a victory!!! Hold on to every victory that comes along! It makes us stronger!
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I hope MIL will come through for you so you and Brad can have some time alone to fish (and stuff) Is you're daughter the ONLY child SIL is watching? and if there is a contract - why is she not abiding by it?

It doesn't matter if the weight is a loss from a previous gain - its still a victory!!! Hold on to every victory that comes along! It makes us stronger!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                        Is you're daughter the ONLY child SIL is watching? and if there is a contract - why is she not abiding by it?
                        Everyday? No. For that day? I don't know. I guess she's like any other self-employed person and is looking for any day off she can find. Nevermind if people are relying on her or not... I guess I'd probably do the same thing if it were my business, but it sure sucks for those who are in need... b/c if I was working that day (still haven't scheduled my leave so I might be working) and Brad was off but had other plans (right now he's planning on racing most of that week and will be 2 hours from home), then I'd have to take a day off b/c my babysitter decided she didn't want to work on a contracted day... but who am I to argue it? If I do, and she ends up working, she'll resent me for making her watch my child on a day she wants off. I sincerely hate the decision we made to put Bearz there. It's just opened up the doors for people to take a mile when given an inch b/c we're family.

Comment

• Going to be a boring day today. Just me and Boss#2. Military is off for a "training holiday" which is code for "day off b/c Monday is a holiday".

Comment

Going to be a boring day today. Just me and Boss#2. Military is off for a "training holiday" which is code for "day off b/c Monday is a holiday".
                            Same here. Nice, light traffic at the gates though.

Comment

• On a completely unrelated note, Hot Guy came to the office today - in jogging shorts and a moisture wicking tshirt... OMG total hotness. He is what I'd LOVE for Brad to look like, if I could choose a body for my husband that is... *wipingawaythedrool*

Comment

On a completely unrelated note, Hot Guy came to the office today - in jogging shorts and a moisture wicking tshirt... OMG total hotness. He is what I'd LOVE for Brad to look like, if I could choose a body for my husband that is... *wipingawaythedrool*
                                Happy Eye Candy Day to you.....

Comment

Working...
                                X