No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah yeah, bit more complicated than just the deck when you add in the roof and such. Looks cool, though.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• It won't look exactly like that, but that was a good example. The reason for the roof is b/c you absolutely cannot use the front deck in the summer. It is just too hot - the heat bounces off the front windows and the siding making it a scorcher, and there's no shade there (trees are still too immature to provide any good shade), so a roof is a must. It'll make that space usable, which will enlarge the house by adding an usable outdoor living space. Our neighbors have a really nice porch that I think we'll be modeling ours off of, but I really like the one in the pic I posted. And with the vaulted ceiling and open concept (not enclosed, etc) it might be less expensive than $6k. And quite honestly, we could do it ourselves, but it would take longer. Construction really isn't that hard - as long as you ensure a good solid footings that go below the frost line. A good construction company could have something like we want done completed in 2 days, whereas it would take Brad and his dad about a week - because of work, etc.

What we should do is disassemble the deck, build the porch and reassemble the deck for use on the back of the house.

Weighed today. Down 9 lbs since the start of my whole30. I have hit 183 again, my primal low. I'm so stoked! It makes me excited to see what the last 21 days will bring since I'm extending to 37 days to finish with sister who started late. With any luck, I'll hit 179!!
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Woohoo! Congrats on your progress so far! I hope you get to your goal .
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Congrats on the weight and the graduation!
          5' 9" 47 YO F
          PB start June 2, 2012
          Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
          Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

• Yay for the nine pounds! 179 is my next goal, too. Maybe we'll hit it together.

Comment

• OMG, I totally want: Introducing Primal Cravings! | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                Yay for the nine pounds! 179 is my next goal, too. Maybe we'll hit it together.
                That would be cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  Me too! I wonder how involved the recipes will be. I like simple primal dessert recipes, which is why Pam's gluten-free flour mix is so great (there are a bunch of recipes on the back and the flour already has leavening agents added).
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• If you read the article Mark posted, there's a photobucket account you can look at that shows some of the recipes. I'm especially interested in the coconut chocolate chip cookies.

Comment

• The page for the book on the Primal Blueprint store has an excerpt. Looks like the bread-y stuff is coconut flour and tapioca flour, so not that complex. Still no idea where I could get tapioca flour anywhere other than online, but oh well! I will have to splurge on some someday.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Jenn!!!! 183 again! You rock!!! Yeah You motivate me to get my own weight loss moving again. I'm just holding steady.

I bet you could do the porch for less than $6000. Lumber and roofing is expensive, but if you do it yourself you save a bundle!

Sorry for the car dent - that sucks. I suggest leaving the damage and using the money to pay something down or off. With the age and miles on your car its not worth investing that kind of money. The sooner you get out of debt the sooner you'll be replacing it.
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I find Bob's Red Mill brand in my local grocer.

Shameless confession time...

I am obsessed with the Duggar Family and their saga. I lost touch with the show for whatever reason and just learned that Michelle and Jim Bob had gotten pregnant with their 20th child and during the 20 week check-up ultrasound, learned that they had lost the baby. They named her Jubilee. This happened 8 months ago according to the TLC youtube page. So sad for them. I will definitely be setting their show to DVR b/c I am just fascinated by them. I can't keep two kids corralled and they manage to keep 19 of them under control. Amazing stuff.

Comment

• Scratch that... looking at their blog, she was due April 2012, a year ago. TLC must have just uploaded the video 8 months ago. I still feel terribly for them. Saw they may be looking to adopt a child this time.

Comment

• Indopak stores often have tapioca flour.

Comment

• I'm off for the rest of the day. I have to have a yearly done to determine the cause of these weird period pains (it feels like someone is literally ripping my uterus out on days 2 and 3 of my period), and then we have Brady's first tee ball game at 5:30. Should be a blast! I can't wait to watch him play and take pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X