Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm very glad it went well

Comment

• Brad rolled over this morning and asked me if I'm still pissy with him. I said yes. He asked why. I said because you chose racing over me. He rolled back over in a huff. A few minutes later, he whipped the covers back and stormed into the bathroom. He's probably pissed at me for being "so selfish" again.

Sent from my USCC-US760 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• It's the old saying or song, you don't know what you've got until its gone.
        Georgette

Comment

• Congrats on your hooding and graduation, Jenn! You are a superwoman.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Ok, Brad has been pardoned. As has my mom. Apparently neither of them understood the significance behind hooding until they saw all of the students together today and noticed the master's were the only ones with hoods. They thought it was just a rehearsal kind of thing. Both feel shitty, as they should... I told Brad I'm no longer upset with him since he didn't know but that ignorance won't get him off that easily next time.

Apparently he told my mom I still wasn't talking to him. That's what my sister told me who talked to mom this afternoon after the ceremony. Maybe Mom expressed to him that it would be similar to me skipping the racing banquet if he'd won a championship... bc it's kind of the same thing.

With that, graduation was awesome and I'm so glad I went. I hope between my dad and the Josten's Photographers we got some good pics. I'll share them when they're available for those of you who I'm not connected with on facebook (add me! www.facebook..com/jstyler3b).

Anyhow, I want to thank YOU all for the support while I was pursuing my master's as well. Your support was appreciated. You guys are the best internet friends a girl could ask for!

And now... let's go racing!!!

Sent from my USCC-US760 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• OMG it is so cold in this office today!! We definitely do NOT need the AC this morning! brrrrrrr... where's the fuzzy blanket? I'm frozen!

I'm also very anxious to see what my weight change looks like. And when I get anxious about what my weight is, I get these wild fanatasies in my head of it being an amazing number... and in most cases, I'm sorely disappointed to learn that I'm not that great at weight loss... but right now, the number resounding in my head is 183... I think I might check it to see, just so I'm not sorely disappointed when the Whole30 is over, b/c I bet it's not as low as my mind thinks it is.

On Day 15 I believe.

Comment

• Stepmom got me an amazon gift card for graduation. That coupled with the $100 my mom gave me will be used to purchase my Jawbone body monitor. I will be selling the Body Media body monitor on eBay and will be less concerned about how much I get out of it now. Whatever I get from selling that will be used to buy something for my flower bed/garden or something.

Comment

• Brad and I *ALMOST* went and looked at a house on 2 acres yesterday. It's one we've been interested in for quite a while. It's very nice. It came up for sale when we were first shopping in 2004, but it was well beyond our price range. It's only gone up $20k in those years. It's on 2 acres (almost all of them are in the front yard!), has a finished basement, granite countertops throughout, wood/tile floor throughout, finished walk-out basement, etc... and an inground pool!

We didn't look at it b/c

1.) it's not much bigger than what we have now (only 500 square foot bigger)
                  2.) it's only a 3 bedroom (we want 4)
                  3.) the bedrooms are small
                  4.) it's only on 2 acres, not 5
                  5.) there are no out-buildings
                  6.) Brad says it's too close to a major highway (noise, I guess is his concern)
                  7.) the pool raises considerable concerns from maintenance to safety to insurance
                  8.) we'd have to sell our house and it's not ready to be sold yet
                  9.) we were afraid we'd like it and do something stupid... i.e. buy it

Bottom line, it's not what we want. We want more room. We want 4 bedrooms, we want 5 acres (minimum of 3), we want out-buildings, we want remoteness and privacy. But more so, we want to be debt free so we can have what we want - all of those things, which will easily cost us $300k.

It's a very nice house and it's priced SO LOW for what it is. Our house, with 1 acre is worth $200k... they were asking for $207k with more land, and more features inside - we don't have granite or tile and we don't have a freaking awesome ass in-ground pool either... it's definitely priced to sell. It won't last long at all. Very pretty. Here, if you wanna take a look.

Comment

• I think we're going to have steak and shrimp for dinner. I had some amazingly delicious grilled shrimp at Texas Roadhouse this weekend (without the sauce b/c it was made with butter) and can't wait to have grilled shrimp again. It might just be my new favorite food. I absolutely LOVE shrimp! Shrimp and tbones... eatin' like kings!! I love PRIMAL!

Comment

• Day 15 of the Whole30 and SIL has lost 11 lbs. So happy for her!

Comment

• So glad to hear the graduation was good. And good for you NOT looking at the house. You've planned your work- now work your plan. There will be awesome places for sale when you are ready in 2-3 years.

Comment

• I'm so glad to hear all went well with the graduation - and relationships are restored

Thats an awesome house - but good that you decided not to look. My advice - don't look at ALL until you are within 3 months of being ready to make an offer on something. It would be awful to find a place that you really really love - but you're not in the right place financially to make it happen.

So - have you checked you're weight yet? I'm sure you've lost cuz you're doing so awesome!
                          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion
                          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• The challenge we're running into now is whether or not we put any money into this place knowing we plan to sell in 5 years. The front deck is starting to sink on the side closest to the house. We didn't put in the concrete footings b/c it was just going to be a temporary deck until we paid off the home equity loan (used to finish the house - garage doors, etc) at which time we'd put on a real porch. The loan is paid off but the porch build hasn't happened yet and the concrete blocks we set the deck on are starting to sink. Building a back deck off the french doors in the dining room was another plan we'd had that hasn't happened yet. As well as finishing the basement... but when we find a plot of land we want to buy, we have a house design picked out that we think we'll like. All in due time...

Tonight at Brady's tee-ball practice, a gal backed into my car. Left a dent the size of a volleyball in the corner of the bumper that later popped out on its own. The paint is damaged though. Trying to decide if we should get it fixed or just keep the cash. It'll be about $2500 if it's anything like the last time the bumper cover was damaged and had to be replaced. Brad suggested we get the check and decide later what we want to do. The car has 170k miles on it. Not sure it'd be worth it to fix the bumper when we could use the money to pay down debt and get a newer car faster. I'm sure Brad will want to do something stupid with it.

I suppose. It's 10:45. Time to move the laundry to the dryer and go to bed. Brad wants to have sex, but I think I'll pass tonight. It's late and I'm tired.

Comment

• Well, I'm sure you know this, but you'll want to invest a bit into making your house really appealing to potential buyers down the line. The deck seems like something worth fixing, to me. My parents are finally getting going on some of the larger projects at their house. My mom had the back deck torn down and rebuilt (it's AWESOME), she's working on smothering the old garden and has laid out all the black sheets and mulch for a new one (so excited for tomatoes later this summer!), and they are saving up to get the front steps re-done. They're brick and falling apart =\. I'm going to help them make a smaller to-do list for the rest of the summer, but it's mostly CLEAN THE POOL BEFORE ENGAGEMENT PARTY haha. We're going to start shocking it this weekend.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• To fix our deck, we'll have to disassemble it and replace the concrete blocks... our initial intent was to put a porch on the house. The front of our house has a gable over the living room and we were going to extend a porch off using this gable. Like this . That'll cost at least $6,000....

I've sold a home before so I know all about fixing things, staging, etc. We're not ready to sell, but we could sell it easily without a back deck. It would just sell easier with a back deck.

Comment

Working...
                                X