No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Doggie, Sorry. I hope it is good news for Brad's sake.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm in a "kill all the things" mood... My work computer and the software we use are giving me fits so I can't do what I need to do. Of course, our IT support has recently been outsourced so I have to call an 800 number and talk to someone in ARIZONA to fix it. Annoying.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Talking to Canio?
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          Talking to Canio?
          Hell, yeah, call me up. I don't know jack about computers or software, but heck, I work for the government so competence is optional

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            Hell, yeah, call me up. I don't know jack about computers or software, but heck, I work for the government so competence is optional
            I wish I could have talked to Canio instead...

Probably the most annoying thing about the new IT contract is that we can't call our IT people on post. We have to call the Help Desk, which is located at 7th Signal in Arizona. They try to do typical "help desk stuff" like "were you a retard and forgot to turn on your machine", then if that doesn't work, they create a ticket, which goes to one of our IT guys here to fix. I could have just skipped the middle man and gone straight to my favorite IT guy...

Then, when you call and you're prompted to make a selection, in my case, option 3, you hit 3 on the phone and the stupid recording keeps playing! You have to wait til the forever long recording to stop playing before you can make your selection, only to turn around and have to wait for another forever long recording to finish before making your next selection.

Then I have to give my name, email address, phone number, etc, etc, etc, before they can help me... whereas if I could just call Brad or Kyle and they know who I am and can jump right into fixing the problem. I miss our old IT contract. I sure do hope the Army is saving a LOT of money on this new contract b/c what they're saving there is going to have to cover down to pay for the lost time we spend on the phone fixing our computers now...

I would imagine talking to Canio would be much less frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
              IProbably the most annoying thing about the new IT contract is that we can't call our IT people on post. We have to call the Help Desk, which is located at 7th Signal in Arizona. .
              I am about 3 blocks from them and I am supposed to call some help desk number as well. F' that noise. I call the NEC directly, play dumb "Oh, there is a help desk number? But you guys are so helpful...can you help me out?", and generally it gets done. Then I write them a nice ICE message and drop off donuts every once in a while. Next time call your local folks. Worst they can do is tell you no.

Comment

• We used to have VISTA, a small local contract that did our IT work. We also have a NEC but VISTA always dealt with them.

Comment

We used to have VISTA, a small local contract that did our IT work. We also have a NEC but VISTA always dealt with them.
                  Oh, that is lame as hell. No way to call the NEC directly?

Comment

• I'm sure there is... but I prefer Brad and Kyle. They'll come up and fix whatever the problem is instead of making me figure it out over the phone. They're who get the help desk tickets when something needs to be done anyway, so why waste time calling the help desk?

Comment

• Sorry about the doggy Hope its nothing serious.

I can relate to the need to stay unattached to the furry little critters we invite into our homes and hearts! I have loved far to many dogs in my time. When Zeus goes on to doggy heaven we are never getting another animal. EVER! They are fun and all, but way too much work, way too much expense, and way to painful to say goodbye.
                      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion
                      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

They're who get the help desk tickets when something needs to be done anyway, so why waste time calling the help desk?
                        Amen. What the NEC here does when I call is they enter a 'help ticket' on the spot so that they get credit for it as if it came from the help desk but it skips the help desk step (and wait). Perhaps Brad and Kyle can do likewise. If needed bat your primal eyelashes at them

Comment

• haha They still help with some stuff, but if it requires them to do any real work, we have to call the help desk. They're contract employees and not allowed to do anything without a specific order now. They used to be able to enter help tickets, but not anymore. It really sucks.

Tomi, thanks for the well wishes. I'm really hoping they don't find anything on the ultrasound and we can move on from this. He's still producing red blood cells, so there is a strong likelihood he can bounce back from this, as long as it's not cancer. We just have to find the source of the bleeding (kidneys or bladder??) and get it stopped. If it's the leptosporosis, there is a prescribed treatment plan, so I'm optimistic we'll get it solved. But it all depends on the ultrasound and xray results.

Comment

• Ok... for $336.43, our dog may or may not have cancer... *sigh* They did the ultrasound, but didn't see anything that would indicate cancer, but the *other* vet in the office, whom we do not like, said we need to keep cancer in the back of our minds. Dr. Budding, the doctor who's been treating him, says that it's very likely leptospirosis, but we won't get the results back until Wednesday or Thursday. They put him on another antibiotic, so now he's taking Bactril (maybe that's what it's called?), amoxicillin and whatever injectible antibiotic they gave him on Sunday. They said his hemoglobin count looks better, up to 18 from 14 on Sunday. So hopefully in a couple of days he'll be feeling better. Brad says he's cautiously optimistic until we get that test result back on Wednesday.

For $336 he better live forever... lol

Comment

• I wish him much luck, and yes, for that price he should be invincible.

Comment

• I'm so bad.......... I absolutely hate spending money on vet bills!!!! My thought is - if it costs more than $500 to fix the animal - then its going to be put down. YES - i'm a total dog/cat lover --- but common sense tells me that $500 is better spent on food and shelter for the humans, instead of on keeping a pet alive. Just me though........ We have a friend who has spent THOUSANDS of dollars on his lab. The dog was originally $2500 - excellent hunting dog!!!! Well trained - all that stuff. Then got sick. He's now worth about $6000. This is a dog with a lifespan of about 9 years. I just can't see it.
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Working...
                                X