115 lb x 10 reps (+22 pts)
    125 lb x 10 reps (+23 pts)
    130 lb x 10 reps (+24 pts)
    75 lb x 10 reps (+16 pts)

If you aren't on fitocracy, you should be! Love that place!!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Feeling funkish today. Could be the weather. Could be poor sleep. It's rainy here today - again. Flood warnings are in effect. Supposed to storm today, which will be kinda cool. Sleep wasn't the best. Kenna crawled into our bed at some point through the night. About 3 I took her back to her bed. Then about 5 Brad brought the dogs into the house b/c it was raining and they were spazzy and not wanting to lay down and let me sleep. We have laminate floors in the house and when they wander around, all I hear is the clicking of their paws on the floor. Drives me batty and keeps me awake.

Today is a run day. But it's raining. I was hoping to run outside today. I was going to run across the bridge and back for two miles... but with lightining in the air, that might be a bad idea. This is the bridge I would be running across. It's a steel truss bridge... and my luck, I'd be caught on the way back by a barge. When barges pass, the bridge swings open to let them pass (it's too low for barges to fit under it. There's quite the interesting history on this bridge. If you want a history lesson, google Government Bridge Rock Island, Illinois history. It's got quite the drama filled history and includes Abraham Lincoln as a lawyer).

bridge.jpg

Anyhow, I was looking forward to running across the bridge at lunch. Hot guy in the office thinks the lightning storms will be done by then and I could still run it, but not sure if I want to run in the rain - across a bridge with a steel mesh floor. Slippery! But it's so cool to see the river rushing below your feet as you run. Those scared of heights but also seek thrills would love it.

Rough morning with Brady. He's definitely 6 going on 16... eye rolls, disrespectful headshake, talking back. Ugh... I coulda slapped him. Didn't but definitely wanted to.

So, my day sucks thus far. I'm tired. I want to go back to sleep. And Monday's workout has caught up with me. Core is sore. Back muscles especially. I can't believe how weak my back is! I'm sure it's getting better, but still. It's a wonder my back muscles were able to keep me standing upright all these years!

Shit! I just remembered that they close the gate to the Island off of Government Bridge during the day, so unless I run to the other gate, I can't access Government Bridge, which means no running Government Bridge today (or any day) during lunch. *sigh* *hangshead* That sucks.

Comment

• Those scared of heights but also seek thrills would love it.
        Perfect for me! Exhilarating, yet safe .
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          Perfect for me! Exhilarating, yet safe .
          Exactly!

Comment

• Sorry about the bridge and your running. Probably aren't any other bridges nearby. Cool streets in an interesting neighborhood?? In L.A., I used to run streets as that was all that fit in with my work schedule. That was scary too. Rush hour traffic and running. Like your bridge idea much more.

Comment

• We have three bridges connected to the Island. There's Government Bridge (the one I showed), there's the Rock Island viaduct bridge, which has a pedestrian bridge which is also a metal mesh, but isn't nearly as cool as running across Government Bridge. Government bridge is part of a locks and dam system so there's a lot of cool stuff to look at. The RIV goes over a slough, so there's no rushing water, but it's peaceful. Then there's the Moline Bridge, which is closed to pedestrian traffic.

The biggest reason for the Govt Bridge is b/c from my office to the other side of the bridge and back is 2 miles, which was my intent for today. At some point I need to push my distance past 2 miles if I plan to run a half marathon in December...

Comment

• So I got my run all mapped out and now I'm trying to decide if I want to run in the rain or not... If it was a lifting day, I'd run to the gym, lift and run back without any question, but I'm quite nervous about how wet I'll get out there today. There's a storm moving in, but it's still only in Iowa City, a good hour and a half from here right now, so I could get it in before heavy stuff starts again... But it's also windy... all excuses.

And I found my new computer I think: Chromebooks: How are they different?

Nameless, any thoughts on these? I love Google Chrome as a browser and my phone is Google based, so I'm used to the features for the most part. I like that security is built in and updates automatically, etc, etc, etc. And I love the price!

Comment

• Do you have a change of clothes? Seems like that would be a good thing to have on hand for these kinds of situations (planning ahead for future runs, at least).

Those computers look awesome! Would definitely consider having one of those for (personal) travelling, if we needed something larger than a smartphone (may ask Hulky about selling the laptop in exchange for something like this). Downside is that screensize is only 11.6" or 14". 14" is on the smaller side for some people, 11" is like a netbook (difficult to type on for people with larger hands). If you're only doing things online, seems like it'd be useful, but from reviews, looks like it's useless without an internet connection. It also looks like if you don't have another computer hooked up to a printer, or if your printer isn't wireless, you would not be able to print. You cannot physically plug a Chromebook into a printer.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• So how many badass points do I get for getting out there and running in a downpour? 2 miles in 22:change, light hills, light rain with two spells of heavy downpour. I earned my shower today, but I don't think I'll need it after all that rain. My jacket is now dripping into the trash can and my running clothes are soaked - too bad I can't hang them too, but pretty sure the Colonel doesn't want to see my bra hanging in the office.

I would have LOVED to do another mile b/c I felt amazing, but my feet were getting cold b/c the rain was NOT warm. Cold rain in Vibrams makes for cold feets... But I seriously felt so awesome while running in the rain. It felt so good! Damn I wish I would have gone out for another mile. Oh well. I kinda need my toes.

Comment

• Big Points for getting out there! YOU GO GIRL!
                      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion
                      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        Do you have a change of clothes? Seems like that would be a good thing to have on hand for these kinds of situations (planning ahead for future runs, at least).

Those computers look awesome! Would definitely consider having one of those for (personal) travelling, if we needed something larger than a smartphone (may ask Hulky about selling the laptop in exchange for something like this). Downside is that screensize is only 11.6" or 14". 14" is on the smaller side for some people, 11" is like a netbook (difficult to type on for people with larger hands). If you're only doing things online, seems like it'd be useful, but from reviews, looks like it's useless without an internet connection. It also looks like if you don't have another computer hooked up to a printer, or if your printer isn't wireless, you would not be able to print. You cannot physically plug a Chromebook into a printer.
                        My current laptop is kind of small - like 14 inch or something similar. And our printer is wireless, as is our internet connection. I guess as long as it has some USB ports for my BodyMedia dohickey and my ipod, it would work well. I like the idea of having a cloud for pictures. I think I'll talk to Brad about this further. It sounds like the furloughs are either going to be shortened again (down to 7 days) or completely eliminated, so we'll have some extra money. I can justify taking $200 out of it to buy a new laptop. If you've looked through my pictures on facebook, you've likely seen my laptop. If we're not FB friends (and why the hell not??????) then take a gander at this beauty!

laptop.jpg

Let me edit this picture in your mind a bit here... there is now a strip of orange tape going from front to back on the laptop now too, but I don't remember if it's on the right side of the keyboard or the left. Additionally, the windows key no longer serves as the z. The z and x are completely void of keys now. And their 'bubbles' have come off multiple times, despite being crazy-glued on, and you still have to push them about 6 times before it registers and you have a z or x displayed on the screen. Additionally, the "i", "," and "8" keys stopped working for a few hours on Saturday or Sunday this last weekend. Tried rebooting and that did nothing for it, but they later started working again magically. Furthermore, it's the slowest, hottest running thing you'll ever used! It has mini freezes all the time... the sound card stopped working so can't watch videos or listen to music on it anymore... ALL of these problems started after my daughter became mobile - she ripped the keys off, she pulled it off the table onto the floor breaking the case, she broke the hinge making it difficult to open and close... she's been hard on the thing! lol

BUT, it's been a good ol' laptop! I bought it in 2007 and it has gotten me through a bachelor's and a master's degree now.

Oh, and Nameless, I always wear something else to workout in. I sweat way too much to run or lift in my work clothes.

Comment

• OMG....................... honey - its time for a new laptop!
                          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion
                          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Nameless, you will be interested to know that they've made an arrest in the Boston Bombing case.

Comment

• So, my sister is interested in Paleo/Primal. She has indicated wanting information, but never formally asked, so I didn't push it on her. She asked me today, via text, what the Whole30 is that I speak of. I told her it's 100% paleo for 30 days. She asked what I eat for breakfast and lunch. I told her eggs and bacon for breakfast, leftover from dinner for lunch. She questioned the paleo-ness of bacon (lmao) because she thought it was a naughty food. I told her Paleo embraces bacon. She asked for more info so I texted her the Whole30 website and the Primal Blueprint Difinitive Guide to Primal Eating.

Maybe another convert???

Comment

• Sister's on board for a Whole30 in May. She ordered the book today. So stoked! She said her head is already reeling from just the rules regarding bacon, which is why I told her to read the book. This is super exciting to me!!

Comment

Working...
                                X