No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh we too have giant cock roaches in the basement of our HS where my classroom is located. Whenever one comes in, it looks like the wave as kids jump up on their seats to get away.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• We'd get the giant water roaches in my schools. Those things creeped me the hell out. I was usually the one to squash it if it came near me.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• These are big and brown. Some are 2 inches long. They're soooooo gross.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• yeah, this journal is totally creeping me out right now. Roaches...no, I can't do them, no, not at all.

Now I need to go and buy a flamethrower.

Comment

• Thank goodness I live where there are no roaches! Slugs, on the other hand........
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I can do slugs... they're snails without shells.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                I can do slugs... they're snails without shells.
                exactly. Unless they are those giant banana slug things that are about 2 feet long and look like alien snot...but even those are better than roaches.

Comment

• OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Roaches and slugs! My skin is crawling! EEEESSSSHHHHH!!!!!

Sure hope that university job comes through for you! You're work environment sounds horrible!
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion
                  9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• If I had any crud living on my tonsils it is now dead... just burned the piss out of my throat with bouillon. Holy shit that stuff is hot today!! But nice to know I sterilized my tonsils.

Comment

• Just reading through the last few posts...Reading about roaches and slugs and then you are talking about crud on your tonsils. I will not share the picture in my mind but it was kinda gross
                      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                      height 5'3
                      SW 215 lbs
                      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                      LW 172 lbs
                      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Yeah, I had a dream about freaking cockroaches last night... There was one crawling on my wall and one in my bed. Yuck yuck yuck.

Last night was another bad 2-year-old-sleeping-night. I woke to both kids in my bed at 1:30. Took them both back to their beds. Makenna decided that sleep was overrated and either kept coming into our room or playing in the living room. I woke up at one point to her clapping in the living room. WTH is wrong with this child??? lol She didn't stop getting out of bed until after 3. So. Annoying. Brady came back into our room about 5ish but Makenna remained in her room.

Family easter is planned for next weekend. I'm taking rainbow fruit kabobs. Pretty sure the kids will be thrilled. SIL told me yesterday she's getting back on the Primal wagon. She just sent an email to the whole family inquiring about whether or not deviled eggs had been claimed as a food item yet. I hope she'll make them with paleo mayo. We did a lot of talking about primal yesterday. She stopped using her prozac and decided that because of that she REALLY needs to get back on track. I wish her luck with it.

Going to ask The Princess of Pain if she can show me the proper way to do a deadlift today. I have an appointment with her at noon. It's no fun to see the Princess when your body is in the throws of DOMS, but it'll be ok. Performed an overhead press with 65 lbs yesterday and deadlifts with 50 lbs. I know I can do more on the lower body, but I'm nervous about form and hurting my back so I'll ask her about it today and go from there.

Weight is up 2 lbs today... annoyed by that. Assume it's b/c of the lack of sleep. No work tomorrow, more paper writing time. Hoping to sleep well tonight, get up early, get the kids to SIL's and then knock out the paper. Aiming for 10 pages again.

Anyhow... boring day at work. So slow already today. I get my furlough letter today - the one saying they intend to furlough us. Technically not supposed to get it til tomorrow (heads up Canio!!), but I'm on leave tomorrow, so she said she'd give it to me today and we could date it as tomorrow or something. It'll be interesting to see what it says.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                          Anyhow... boring day at work. So slow already today. I get my furlough letter today - the one saying they intend to furlough us. Technically not supposed to get it til tomorrow (heads up Canio!!), but I'm on leave tomorrow, so she said she'd give it to me today and we could date it as tomorrow or something. It'll be interesting to see what it says.
                          Ah, thanks for the heads-up. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking/sniffing glue/etc...

Comment

• Ok, so... the furlough letters are being delayed for 2 weeks because of further congressional negotiations... Who knows what will happen now. This is the email I got from our General:

I just received notice a few minutes ago that the Office of the Secretary of
                            Defense (SECDEF) has delayed the release of furlough proposal notices to all
                            civilian employees for approximately 2 weeks. The SECDEF is estimating that
                            proposed furlough notices will not be released until 5 April 2013.

This delay is in response to the pending Continuing Resolution legislation,
                            and will allow the Department to carefully analyze the legislation's impact
                            on the DoD budget. It is not known what impact this pending legislation may
                            have on the projected furlough. It is critical that DoD evaluate this
                            pending information before any employees receive proposed furlough notices.
                            Although this is positive news, I want to stress that this information does
                            not mean that an administrative furlough may still not be required. Right
                            now, the DoD projected furlough of up to 22 days has not changed, but
                            receipt of proposed notices and implementation have been delayed.

As promised before and earlier this week at the Town Hall, I am committed to
                            sharing all information during this rapidly changing and stressful time.
                            Stay tuned for more information.
                            I wish they'd quit yanking us around. It's not going to be possible to get all 22 days done before September 30th now, which means we'll have to take 3 days off in one pay period. Just freaking furlough us already. Get it done with! I fucking hate congress and it's ass dragging and time wasting and subsequent yanking us around.

Comment

• I'm so glad I don't work for the government! You have my sympathies............
                              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion
                              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• On a more positive note, I am thinking about doing a race with Team in Training again. Team in Training is an organization that uses athletes to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We are given fundraising minimums, we raise the money and then in turn they train us and provide flight/accommodations to participate in a sporting event. This is what I did for my first half marathon. I raised $3,200 and in return they took me to Disney to run the Princess Half Marathon.

There is a local race I'm interested in. it's a 20k (almost a half). It's June 1st. I've run it before and am thinking about doing it again, but this time with TNT instead of the organization I ran it with before (b/c I don't think they're doing anything this year - I should check). In 2011, the fundraising minimum for this race was $500 for me as an alumni TNT runner. Now it's $750. (I just sent an email back to the coordinator b/c I failed to mention to her that I would not need transportation, just hotel accommodations since I live so close to Des Moines - 2 hours. We'll see what she says). $750 will be no trouble to raise. Pretty simple. Host a 5k and you're pretty much set. But I'm not sure I really want to do all that again. Quite possibly I just want to run and not fundraise. I'm not sure I really want to go to all the trouble of hosting a 5k this year - especially since Brad sold all his graphics stuff and I'd have to pay someone to make me signs. And there's the cost of renting the time clock, the digital shoe tags, tshirts, etc.

Last time I ran this race and fundraised for it, I had just finished doing the Princess and had tapped my resources for funds during that race and had to resort to the 5k to make my minimum for the 20k. It's been 2 years since I have fundraised and asked the local businesses/family and friends for money. So maybe it wouldn't be as difficult as I am anticipating. Two local businesses gave me $100 each last time... Maybe they would again?

I have until next Friday to decide whether or not I want to do it with TNT or not. What do you guys think???

Comment

Working...
                                X