Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Speaking as the neighbor of a Harley owner, I will wish the burning of a thousand suns on you if you get that loud exhaust. If I wanted to hear something like that, I'd turn the dryer on.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

    Comment


    • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      Speaking as the neighbor of a Harley owner, I will wish the burning of a thousand suns on you if you get that loud exhaust. If I wanted to hear something like that, I'd turn the dryer on.
      It won't be loud like a Harley... I can't stand Harleys b/c of how loud they are. Think loud like a Dodge Ram diesel.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)



      Comment


      • I'm not a fan of hearing that go down the block, either. Noise= inefficiency. A perfectly efficient machine would be room temperature and make absolutely no noise.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

        Comment


        • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          I'm not a fan of hearing that go down the block, either. Noise= inefficiency. A perfectly efficient machine would be room temperature and make absolutely no noise.
          hmmm Hugo Chavez is waaaaay efficient then.....

          Comment


          • Dictators are more like kids: you want them up and making noise, because when they're quiet, there's trouble brewing.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
              Well, Jon, luckily for both of us, you're not my gate guard. And secondly, I rarely ever drive Brad's truck to work. I drive 35 miles one way and the cost of diesel is expensive. I typically only drive my Fusion to work.
              Good, because I might actually have felt bad for wishing a painful sexually transmitted disease on you.

              Comment


              • So Brad found a 4 wheeler on Craigslist. It was won by a gal in a divorce. She's selling it for $1900. It's a $7,000 4 wheeler. It's a 750cc with winch and plow. It's the exact same thing we had that we sold for lack of use - just a different brand. It'll be shipped to us for free b/c someone else already secured the shipping but was unable to get his loan, and for whatever reason the shipping was not refunded. So, she said if he wants to look at it, she'll ship it up. He can look at it, decide if he wants to buy it, and if he does, we send her payment via ebay. If not, we refuse shipment and send it back. Seems pretty decent to me. I was really really really not interested until I saw the pics. Seeing the pics got me excited. What can I say... country girls love 4 wheelers.

                Brad has a point... we're buying it for $1,900. It'll be paid off. It's worth $7,000. If we decide we don't want it, we can trade it for a boat (there's a dealership here that deals in both boats and ATVs, so he's got a point) or sell it and use the money as a down payment on my next car. He'll use it to push snow and to move around at the race track (parts trailer is a LONG way from where he parks his racing trailer and fuel jugs are heavy!!). He had an answer for all of my questions and objections... I wish we were getting a boat, but like he said - we only went fishing 3 times last year. He'll be able to use the 4 wheeler every week, sometimes 2 nights a week. So, I caved.

                And we can use it for dragging deer out of the timber if we kill one (or hopefully more) next fall.

                We'll still have $600 left to put toward the credit card, which is still more than we had originally planned for the debt payoff. Can't really complain I guess.

                Besides... it's camou. That's all he would have needed to say...



                Edited to add: NADA.com says it's worth $7,949.
                Last edited by jenn26point2; 03-08-2013, 02:47 PM.
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)



                Comment


                • Sounds like a good deal and a win-win for both of you.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                    The book says rice is ok, though...
                    buggers! for the past year I've given up rice cuz I thought I read that its a GRAIN! I'm going to read the book again
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion
                    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by tomi View Post
                      buggers! for the past year I've given up rice cuz I thought I read that its a GRAIN! I'm going to read the book again
                      This is Mark's take on rice: Is Rice Unhealthy? | Mark's Daily Apple
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)



                      Comment


                      • And this is what should happen. I truly believe that if the people of the country came together and demanded this it would work. I am so sick of those SOB's!
                        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

                        Age 48
                        height 5'3
                        SW 215 lbs
                        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                        LW 172 lbs
                        GW 125ish lbs

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                          And this is what should happen. I truly believe that if the people of the country came together and demanded this it would work. I am so sick of those SOB's!
                          ???
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)



                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                            The book says rice is ok, though...
                            Okay - I knew I wasn't nuts!

                            Primal Blueprint - page 7 paragraph 2 "In the Primal Blueprint, you will learn why eating a low-fat diet rich in grains like wheat, rice, bread, pasta and cereal can easily make you fat and malnourished."

                            Page 110 under avoid poisonous things: "Eliminate: sugary foods and beverages, grains (wheat, corn, rice, pasta, breads, cereals, etc.)"

                            Page 136: "Wild Rice - Even though wild rice is a high-protein, gluten-free, high-nutritional-value natural species of grass, it is still technically a grain that has a relevant carbohydrate load. Nevertheless, it is an excellent substitute for white rice or brown rice."

                            Page 269: "Wild Rice - enjoy in moderation (instead of white or brown rice)."

                            So, maybe you mixed up regular rice and wild rice thinking they were one in the same.

                            I don't know if this will change your thinking - but I feel better knowing I haven't been denying myself something that I was actually allowed to eat! I can't even COUNT the number of curry meals that I eaten over veggies instead of rice! I'm going to go buy some wild rice now!
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tomi View Post
                              Okay - I knew I wasn't nuts!

                              Primal Blueprint - page 7 paragraph 2 "In the Primal Blueprint, you will learn why eating a low-fat diet rich in grains like wheat, rice, bread, pasta and cereal can easily make you fat and malnourished."

                              Page 110 under avoid poisonous things: "Eliminate: sugary foods and beverages, grains (wheat, corn, rice, pasta, breads, cereals, etc.)"

                              Page 136: "Wild Rice - Even though wild rice is a high-protein, gluten-free, high-nutritional-value natural species of grass, it is still technically a grain that has a relevant carbohydrate load. Nevertheless, it is an excellent substitute for white rice or brown rice."

                              Page 269: "Wild Rice - enjoy in moderation (instead of white or brown rice)."

                              So, maybe you mixed up regular rice and wild rice thinking they were one in the same.

                              I don't know if this will change your thinking - but I feel better knowing I haven't been denying myself something that I was actually allowed to eat! I can't even COUNT the number of curry meals that I eaten over veggies instead of rice! I'm going to go buy some wild rice now!
                              I wonder where I read that rice is a grass then...
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)



                              Comment


                              • OOPS. I was replying to an earlier post that congress should have to work for free until this whole budget crisis BS is over. Guess I forgot to hit reply w/ quote

                                I am so glad things are looking up for you! You sound so positive. You are doing a lot to improve your life. Yea you!!

                                Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                                ???
                                You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

                                Age 48
                                height 5'3
                                SW 215 lbs
                                CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                                LW 172 lbs
                                GW 125ish lbs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X