No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry about the lack of info and that you're step gram is sick. Sounds like she has some pretty difficult illnesses going on.

I hate my memory foam too - being post-meno I SWEAT at night! I slept so much better in the 5th wheel with the regular old mattress. When this one wears out I'm going back to the standard kind.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I think Grandma is going to be ok. She has asked to stay at the hospital given the weather conditions - afraid that if she had problems an ambulance wouldn't be able to get to her since she lives in the country and the county take 3 days to clear the roads near her house (she's sooooo close to town too... like 3 minute drive from the fire station). Dr approved her to stay til something like Saturday.

Stepdad was chasing cattle with his 4 wheeler and fell off. Hurt his back. Knowing him and how he is and how pissed he probably got when he fell off, it's funny as hell. I'm bummed that he got hurt, but we'll all laugh our asses off about it in about a week.

Show is falling to beat hell. Probably not going to work tomorrow. What a shame...
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Paula,

how long do you charge your Body Media device? I haven't given mine a full charge since the first day. It's been about 2 weeks?? It's at 64% charge... just wondering if I should wait til it dies to charge it (like a cell phone) or if I should actually give up some data for a while and charge it up. What do you do?

Comment

• Well, I'm not Paula, but iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii charge mine when I'm in the
          shower.

Most times it doesn't even detect off body time if it's off for a half an
          hour or less.

And if it does, it has this cool drop down menu that says:

"We've detected some off body time!"

Were you:

Sitting on your ass doing nothing?
          Doing the same thing as yesterday at this time?

or, choose an activity and enter the duration here:

So you'll still get your data, but you'll have to input it
          manually.

Sorry to hear about Grandma, but she seems to be in good spirits
          at least! Prolly the stress of not having to go back home for now helps.

Sorry about stepdad too.... hopefully he'll heal licktey split and then you can
          all have a chuckle about it.

Totally NOT sorry about the snow cancelling school though! WOO HOO!

Did you have to work today?

DID YOU TEST YET? Did I miss it?

Julie

Comment

• I have not retested yet. Plan to tomorrow morning if things don't happen before then.

I ditched work today. Feel a bit bad about it bc I could have totally gone, but Brad came back home after going 10 miles or so, so I thought it was worse than it was. Turns out, he just didn't want to work today...

Shoveled the driveway for 683 calories, but the body media deal said it was only 302 calories... bummed 'bout that.

Stepdad is feeling better, but still spending the day on the couch to heal up. Assume grandma is doing well too.

Our chocolate lab ate a block of cream cheese, plus the foil... I'm sure that'll be fun to pass... stupid effing dog.

Comment

• My fit never asks about off body time... is there a setting or something I need to change so it accounts for that time?

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                My fit never asks about off body time... is there a setting or something I need to change so it accounts for that time?
                I have a feeling In Search of Abs is talking about the fitbit. I have no such setting on the BodyMediaFit. I charge mine daily while I am in the shower or eating breakfast. It usually doesn't take more than 15 min to 1/2 an hour.

It does have the ability to estimate calories burned, based on old readings, but I only use that if don't wear it for a whole day.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I have a Bodybugg - pretty sure it's sorta the same thing, even though mine is
                  three years old now.

I guess you'd have to leave your BodyMedia off for a good couple of hours or
                  something to see if it gives you an option.

Like last night I took mine off (I rarely sleep with it anyway) and I slept in until 9.

I have mine set up that my wake up time is 6:30, so it wanted to know what the heck
                  I was doing for those 2.5 unaccounted for hours.

I was sleeping (kids off this week) and so my option was "I was not active during this time".

Sometimes I forget to put it back on after my shower, walk the kids to school and think
                  "Damnit! I forgot the bugg!", so then when I put it on, it asks me what I did for that
                  off body time and I get to pick "I did the same thing as yesterday at that time", cuz, I did.

But who knows, the devices could be completely different, but they're made by the same
                  company, look the same, soooo. Dunno.

You'll have to try it out for yourself.

Julie

Comment

• Cool. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Tomorrow morning I will be taking another pregnancy test. This is really irking me. All signs have pretty much gone away. No miserable cramps... still bloated, but that's nothing unexpected considering the way I've been eating for the last week. Very annoyed by this and hoping to beat hell that I'm not pregnant and things are just screwy. I suppose if I am pregnant, worse things have happened and we'll manage just fine. We have a debt payoff plan in place that'll work fine. We have most of Brady's clothes yet and almost all of Makenna's, so we'd be fine for either gender. We'd have to repurchase a few things we'd sold - like a bassinet, but we still have strollers, high chair, etc.

And if I were, they'd be tying my tubes during the c-section...

But let's just hope that I'm not, shall we? I hope I get to come on here tomorrow and announce the test was negative.

Comment

• Hmm I always thought the BodyBugg was the same thing as well.

Praying that you are not pregnant...
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Yes, definitely crossing my fingers for you.

Comment

• In search of abs Jenn found the "off time" setting info. Thanks for the tip.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• praying for no prego too, Jenn! Nothing like an unplanned pregnancy to throw the whole cart off the tracks! But I think you have a good attitude about it

Maybe you should make that decision with Brad - you know, the more or no more thing. A vasectomy is a wonderful thing! Worry free sex!

Good to hear Gramma and step dad are on the mend!

Have a wonderful weekend!
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Ok, all is right in the world... pregnancy test came back negative and spotting has started. *Whew*

Been cleaning all day. Kids' bedrooms are both cleaned and organized and purged... vacuumed even. Living room was picked up and vacuumed. On to clean the main bathroom and work on laundry. New sitter coming to the house in 3 hours... can't have this place a total disaster and have her think poorly of us, right?

PS the kids' rooms needed cleaned BADLY! There was no organization so the toys were just piled up anywhere with paths for walking. Brady's room was the worst! I should post pics of their nice clean rooms.
                              Last edited by jenn26point2; 02-25-2013, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Congrats on clean rooms and negative tests

Comment

Working...
                                X