My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    If he'd lose about 100 lbs, he'd probably stop being a sweaty sleeper... and I bet his apnea would go away as well... but, that's just my opinion...
    Worked for me, and I haven't even lost 100 pounds yet.

Comment

• Maybe for the kids you could get them the memory foam toppers? Some is better than none. We have only the topper and it's awesome enough.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• He talks like he's interested in losing the weight (he's currently 6'1", 330 lbs), but he lacks in the action area...
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          Maybe for the kids you could get them the memory foam toppers? Some is better than none. We have only the topper and it's awesome enough.
          I've thought about that but haven't looked very seriously at it. But if you say it's awesome, then it must be! I'll look into them. Do you think they come in "crib" size?

Comment

He talks like he's interested in losing the weight (he's currently 6'1", 330 lbs), but he lacks in the action area...
            Understandable. I've been there-done that. At 5'7" 300 pounds I was 'happy' for years talking about wanting to do something. However, until one is actually in the correct mindset it really is just self-defeating. Not that that is an excuse, it is just reality in my experience.

Comment

• We have toppers and they work really well. The twin size at Costco is about $100. I haven't seen crib-sized, but you could easily cut it down and have TWO layers.

Comment

I've thought about that but haven't looked very seriously at it. But if you say it's awesome, then it must be! I'll look into them. Do you think they come in "crib" size?
                I don't think so, but you could cut one down to size easily enough. The little cover wouldn't fit anymore, but it really doesn't do anything anyways. You could probably get a queen size and cut it down to size to fit both Brady's and Makenna's.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  I don't think so, but you could cut one down to size easily enough. The little cover wouldn't fit anymore, but it really doesn't do anything anyways. You could probably get a queen size and cut it down to size to fit both Brady's and Makenna's.
                  Oh good idea, Naiad!!

Comment

• So, this is what we're looking at tonight and tomorrow. Yippee. So glad I have class until 10 tonight...

Near Blizzard Conditions

Comment

• Yick. Drive safely and try to stay warm!

Comment

• With any luck, my professor will release us early or the University will cancel classes.

Comment

• Hoping for a cancellation.

I want a bed topper too!
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Got our "Thru November 2015" budget updated to include the tax refund, how it'll be used and how that affects our overall debt repayment program. We'll still be getting done in November 2015 b/c as it turns out, I goofed and missed a truck payment clear back in October... I got a notice from the credit union that our last payment (1/31) was late... I couldn't figure out how that could be so I went through the payment history on our online transaction record at the bank's website and saw no payment for October, so went through old months on the spreadsheet (I have each month tabbed with what was paid, how much, etc - much like I have future months set up) and discovered the truck payment fell completely off my radar in October... no payment at all. So, making that up with the tax refund... oops. But it's all good. We're still getting things paid off in the same amount of time... except, things will change when we buy a new(ish) car for me. That'll probably extend our total debt repayment by a year, maybe - unless we're not furloughed, then I'll have an extra $3,000 to play with - which would make a GREAT down payment on a car(!!) but will most likely be used to pay off a credit card earlier.

Easter is kicking my ass... Russell Stover is an asshole! Binging on Easter candy today - feel like shit as a result. I WILL go back to the EMF once Saturday is past. I WILL! I HAVE TO! I felt better on it! And I have proven to myself that I cannot do 100% primal unless I'm doing a challenge of some sort. I can't just follow the rules of primal b/c primal allows for 20% cheating and once I cheat even 1%, it's all over...

So, I think I'm going to order the FatFast book and read it before the weekend is up. See what this fat fast is all about and give it a shot. I want to lose these 6 lbs before March 5th so I can conclude my first year primal at my lowest primal weight of 183.

Comment

• And if I could get to 182, that would be AWESOME! B/c that would be my medium term goal... 181.5 would be my halfway point.

Comment

• Class is cancelled for tonight. 2 years at St. Ambrose and this is the first time I've seen them cancel classes.

But, there's still no time to celebrate b/c I learned my stepdad's mom is in the hospital with COPD and tachycardia. Going by the hospital to see her on my way home. I guess she used to smoke, and quit, but years of grain and hog dust took the place of tar and arsenic in her lungs, so she's not fairing well I guess. Mom said they took her off the oxygen either late last night or this morning to see how she does without it. Guessing by the weather she won't be going home anytime too soon.

What irks me is that she went by ambulance on Tuesday and this is the first I'm hearing of it, despite my mom and stepdad going to the hospital to see her last night... grrr... my mom SUCKS at relaying this kind of information.

Comment

Working...
                                X