No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon sent me a text telling me that my BodyMedia Fit is waiting for me at home. I can't wait to start playing with it tonight!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Excellent!
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm doing the Public Service Loan Forgiveness now - it's good for pretty much any public service job, you don't have to be a gov't employee. Employment with 501(c)(3) non-profit orgs qualify too (look at the list here: Public Service Loan Forgiveness | Federal Student Aid)
        The downside is PSLF is only good for payments made after October 2007, so for me it only works for my master's loans b/c my undergrad loans will be paid off before the 10 year period is up.

That BodyMedia Fit sounds awesome! I think you'll love Prime, I've had it for I think 2 years now and been nothing but happy with it. Plus, a lot of what I order through Amazon is cheaper than I can get it around here, AND I don't have to run to 100 different stores to do my shopping Sorry about the FedEx driver though...how do they manage to deliver to the wrong address?!?!

Comment

• Our town is set up in an illogical way... most small towns use the main highway as their dividing line. In our case, 5th street is the main drag. However, the address numbers start at 3rd street. Third street used to be our "main drag", then the town expanded beyond the highway to the north. So, if you move south of 3rd street, you find numbers growing and are followed by South. North of 3rd street does not have a north or south designator.

Since MOST towns use the "main drag" as the dividing line, the FedEx driver always goes to the other 314 thinking it is the South version since it is south of the main drag. It's totally stupid. here's a pic. Hopefully it's big enough to read when I wrote.

Mapwilton.jpg

Comment

• Oh, and for the record UPS has NEVER screwed it up... only FedEx.

Comment

• Saw your post in the EMF thread, didn't want to muck it up with a buncha hoo-ha
              for whomever couldn't care less, AND, you don't want to read the Shangri-La thread
              and *I* don't want to type it all out, sooooooo, here are the links to the abridged
              version.

The Shangri-La Diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Shangri-La Diet

Seth Roberts and The Shangri-La Diet

The book is only 157 pages, and I got it from the library. It was absolutely fascinating.

And this is a book that I've been shunning from reading since 2007 because the name
              was so f!cking STUPID I couldn't take it seriously, WHATEVER it was.

Now I kinda regret that, but yanno, live and learn.

AND the book is sorta weird Trade Size too, which makes it even more stupid
              looking. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Julie

Comment

• darn it! links didn't work! okay, go to shangri la thread and scroll down to post 3 on page
                one, they'll work from there

sorry

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74412.html

Comment

• Thanks Abs.

Paula, I got my GWF. Do you take yours off for an hour a day like it says? When do you take yours off? How often does yours need charged?

I've got mine charging now. Looking forward to getting it up and running.

Comment

• Why an hour? I only take mine off to download and charge for about 10 min/day. Must be something with the new ones. How about when you shower?

Congrats!
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• That's probably what I'll do.

I must be doing the keto thing right... the GWF is yelling at me for 73% fat. lol

Comment

• Yeah for new toys! Have fun with it!
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Having some new technology "figure it out" issues. I think it might be ok. Waiting for it to register that it's attached to my arm and to turn on.

Comment

• Yeah, it's not turning on... when I read troubleshooting pages, it tells me to ensure it's charged... well, it IS charged, so says BodyMedia Sync... plugged it back in for 15 minutes like it said. Flashing green light to indicate it's fully charged. Hopefully it'll turn on soon so I can go to bed.

Troubleshooting also says I should hear a tone when I press the status button, but I don't... only get a tone when I plug it in. I'm really disappointed that I can't get this thing to work after waiting 2 additional days to arrive... *sigh*

Comment

• Ok. Talked to "Dave" at BodyMedia today after the device failed to turn on overnight. He did a troubleshoot and was surprised that it was making no noise at all, which told him the sensors are the problem. He wants me to update the firmware (software) on the device tonight and then try it again. If that doesn't work, then I have to get a replacement. Oy... First I had to wait 2 extra days to get my device b/c FedEx is a joke, and now I have to wait longer before using my awesome toy... Totally bummed right now.

Then, to make matters worse, the scale decided to go up 2 lbs. I had brats for dinner last night, so possibly excess sodium? Russian Circus may be on its way to town too, though, so who knows.

However, last night as I was playing around with the BodyMedia dealio, I synced it with MFP and it started telling me I needed to reduce my fat intake (73% is simply too much fat) and I need to watch my cholesterol intake (300mg is the suggested amount and I went well beyond that at 750 for the day... hehehehe ANYWAY, that part will probably get annoying fast, but before then I find it funny.

Also, which is weird, it told me I reached a milestone by burning 2500 calories yesterday... not sure how it can tell me that when it's NOT WORKING!! lol

Anyhow, I hope the firmware update is all it takes to get this thing working for me.

I was telling Brad all the things this thing is supposed to be able to do and when I said it would monitor my sleep, he was like "Really? That's kind of cool!" Being a sleep apnea sufferer, I'm thinking before long he's going to want one of his own. lol

Comment

• I really wish my BM device was working. I'd be really excited to see how my workout looks.

Comment

Working...
                                X