No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay, stress-reduction! I think you are tackling this the right way. It sounds like you need to address these things head on. Sex and exercise etc. in your case seem to just be avoidance techniques. You might feel better temporarily, but it doesn't solve anything. I think those are more appropriate when you are having a short-term stress and need a break, but then get back to fixing things with fresh motivation and more energy etc.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      Yay, stress-reduction! I think you are tackling this the right way. It sounds like you need to address these things head on. Sex and exercise etc. in your case seem to just be avoidance techniques. You might feel better temporarily, but it doesn't solve anything. I think those are more appropriate when you are having a short-term stress and need a break, but then get back to fixing things with fresh motivation and more energy etc.
      I don't use sex as an avoidance technique!! Have you met me??? I AVOID SEX!! lol I use my computer as an avoidance technique. If I have my laptop on my lap and I'm staring at the screen, I can't see the mess around me.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I mean, some people do (I don't either, though I don't really avoid it). Sex as a stress reliever is only effective as a short-term resolution, it's not a coping mechanism. Coping = fixing, to me. At least, that's what I do now.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          coping = fixing, to me. At least, that's what i do now.
          EXACTLY!!

^That was supposed to be in all caps... let's try this again.

Comment

• Today's eats:

Todays Meals.jpg

I have decided that I will eat the "exercise" calories (which are included in the daily calorie goal figure once you enter your exercise into MFP) as well unless it causes a problem or unless I feel I don't need them.

Today's percentages:

Calories: 1608
            Carbs: 8.2%
            Fat: 69.4%
            Protein: 20.6%

Sugar was higher than I would like, but that's simply b/c of the stupid barbecue sauce. My carbs are still really low, so I'm not going to concern myself with bbq sauce 2x per week.

Comment

• WoW! I don't think I've EVER been so mad in my entire life. When Brad sold his equipment, he gave the guy who bought it a flash drive with all the stuff Brad has ever done. We realized later that a file Brad needs for his own car was on that drive and not on any drive we have at home. We asked if we could get that file back and the buy is refusing to do so.

I can't wait til he uses one of those files so I can sue him for copyright infringement...

Comment

• Just reading through your journal, its taking me a while, ive been around here for a while, but was also away for like 8 months, but im back now ! I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old too
                Dunno if anything has been posted about this as I just read it, but vaccinations are not 100% against stuff. I know plenty of people who have had whooping cough and chicken pox even after being vaccinated. But you may know this by now
                One of the many reasons we do not vaccinate any of our family, including pets, but there is way more to it than that.

Comment

• Still reading
                  Sounds like you were doing great with the whole 30, but not at the end yet LOL.
                  As for kids sleeping in your bed, I promise it doesn't last forever. Both of mine slept in our bed from birth, till we got them their own beds around 2. My eldest is 5 and pretty much never comes into our bed, and he goes to bed on his own, and has for quite some time now. My youngest comes in occasionally during the night but im not worried, but if he was affecting my sleep I might. Hopefully things have improved in this area for you now. And my eldest is very self confident, and has been very independent, since 18 months old. I know not all children are the same, but having this closeness does create happy confident kids generally

Comment

• Yeah my kids are doing pretty well with sleeping in their own beds. There are occasions where my oldest will find his way to our bed around 5 am, but he's not coming to our bed any earlier than that now. It's kind of nice actually.

Comment

• Fuck my financial life... my paycheck is going down $36 a pay period... One of our credit cards is eating every payment we make through interest alone. We're spinning our wheels and now b/c of this effing jacked up tax legislation any leeway or extra we might have had each week (which amounted to about $50 at most) is now gone.

Fuck me. I give up.

Comment

• I could really go for a Mt. Dew right now. I'll refrain b/c I know Mt. Dew won't put money in my pocket (in fact, I'd have to spend some to get it), but this sucks. Rearranging bills in the budget, had to reverse the truck payment I made today so that we can make it the rest of the month. Thankfully my credit union is awesome like that.

I'm so over being broke...

Comment

• I'm with you on being over being broke. I just got a bill from the hospital yesterday for $5514 for the ablation I had in August and they are expecting full payment on the 17th. Good luck with getting that money. I'm going to have to call them and see what they can do to help me on this. I might be able to budget in $10/month right now until November of this year. Damn bankruptcy.
                          Georgette

Comment

• I'm working with my credit union to get a debt consolidation loan (hopefully) so I can get rid of that damn credit card that's eating my payments. If I have to, I'll go to two banks and split the loan amount. I don't care. I want that effing credit card gone. Minimum payment is $250 a month and it's getting us NO WHERE!!!

Comment

• I totally want to take a slow, mopey walk to get away for a while, but it's fracking cold outside... and windy. Cold I could probably handle... windy, not so much. *sigh* Spring, where are you???

Comment

• Don't let the financial stuff eat you up - just keep working at it until you find the right solution. Is it possible to take out a 2nd on the house to pay off the credit card? How 'bout selling some stuff on craigslist or ebay instead of giving it charity? Do have anything of value that you could really live without? Even something that is only worth a few hundred? Letting go of things that you can live without can ease the burden for another month until the big solution comes into focus. You mentioned all the kids books you have in storage - those sell big on ebay! as do toys and clothes that are in good condition. Too much "stuff" in the house can turn into cash in the hand if you take the time to make it work for you.

Good luck, Jenn --- getting the financial stessors out of your life will make everything easier!
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Working...
                                X