No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't hungry after my huge breakfast full of protein and fat, but I *wanted* to eat, and knew that if I didn't, I'd find myself in a bad place come 4:30 with no options, so I went ahead and age my whole bag of sugar snap peas. Except, now I'm scared that they won't last me b/c of the insulin reaction I'll likely have to them and want to supplement with some protein... but seriously, I am not hungry... In fact, i feel stuffed... i think I'll put my chicken and sausage in the fridge and keep it for tomorrow... I just thought of it... I have two boiled eggs yet... i can travel with those, so if I get hungry at 4:30 on my way home from work I can nosh on those.

I did one round of pullups, pushups, squats and half-assed-effort planks today... I did a second set of pullups, but only did like27 more squats and 6 more pushups. I just didn't feel the strength... maybe lethargy? And I didn't care... I walked away from the LHT area of the gym and went to the bike. Rode 4.5 miles in 20 minutes and called it good. That coupled with the walk to and from the gym is good enough for today. I really need to look at the PB Fitness guide again and see how often it's suggested to do certain workouts. And I really want to get my adrenals back to normal, so doing a LHT workout when I'm worn out is not the way to do that...

I suppose. I have some notes to type up from a meeting I was at a couple hours ago. Better get that done.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• And the post carb tummy grumblings have started...

Comment

• Not sure if I'm feeling bummed or mellow today... definitely not excited or exhuberant or overflowing with happiness... not even sure I'd say I'm content... not sure of the reason. Just not feeling it today. Wish I was sleeping.

Today, I'm resetting again. I didn't do well with my reset last week. I had chocolate and sugar despite saying I would not. Today, resetting - no chocolate, no sugar, nothing "refined".

B: 8:30
        Vitamins
        3 Jone's All Natural Sausage Links
        3 boiled eggs

L:
        2 small catfish filets
        small serving of green beans cooked in bacon and garlic
        skillet fried potatoes with onion

D:
        Not sure yet... Will have to ask hubby what he wants.
        Probably something easy like butterfly pork chops or something on the grill with grilled asparagus (finally found a way to grill it that we both love) and steamed carrots or cauliflower or something... gee... looks like I just figured out what to make for dinner...

Hubby is truck shopping. Three months ago he purchased a 2001 Ford F250 Crew cab with a 5.4L V8. He traded a 2007 F150 Crew Cab with a 5.4L V8... he said the 250 with the same motor would work just fine at towing the race car b/c the gearing in the transmission would be different... 3 months later and he's unhappy and searching for either something with a bigger motor or something with a diesel engine for more torque. I asked him how the heavier truck with the same motor would work, but he assured me it would be fine. Ok... Anyhow, this weekend we went truck shopping and found one we like, but he's holding out. We test drove a 2007 F350 with a 6.0L Powerstroke and loved it. It was loaded with extras like a power moonroof, power sliding rear window, leather, etc. Super nice truck. Fewer than 100k miles... but he's heard bad things about the 6.0L diesel engines, so he wants to run the VIN by a friend who is a mechanic at Ford. The guy can run the VIN through the Ford maintenance system and see what work has been done on it at certified Ford shops. Then we'll make the decision. But he's also looking at some Dodge Ram Cummins diesels and a couple of Chevy/GMC Duramax diesels. We found two trucks online that we really liked, but they're a drive to go see and no one will go get them for us to look at without a commitment to buy them... um, why would we commit to buying something we haven't seen? So, still searching for a truck.

Races were rained out on Friday night so we drove around for a long time looking at trucks and then got dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I broke my wheat fast on a roll with sweet cinnamon "butter". No ill effects thus far except a change in consistency of waste product... eeww... did I just mention food and poo in the same sentence??? No cramping, no pain... thinking I must not be overly sensitive to gluten products, but I'm not playing Russian Roulette either... wheat will be a once in a while thing - like when we go to dinner or for a kids' birthday party (my daughter turns 2 in 2 weeks). Raced Saturday night. Picked up a cheeseburger from the concession and tossed the bun. Also had fries... yeah, I know... but they were cheaper than another burger...

Is it naptime yet??? I could really go for a nap... I hope everyone's having a good Monday. Hopefully my mood will perk up soon.

Comment

• Good Morning Jenn~((Hugs)) sending happy thoughts your way and hoping this might put a smile oin your face~
          aca264564a9d9adcb42f141cb10ff65a9e5cba45_r.jpg

Comment

• Sorry it doesn't work on here.. it is some crazy dancing monkeys when it works....

e43361dc675a9a2aab44bedcf0c5145a6a1d2a6b_r.gif

Comment

• I'm "resetting" today on the refined sugar thing too. It's hard to peel away from it after overdoing it on Easter. I need to remember that if I'm going to eat something bad on a holiday, it should be one or two really awesome cheats, not a day-long feast of mediocre crap. It would be one thing if the effects of that were left inside that one holiday, but it really winds up setting my system off for a whole week (at least). I've notice in the past if it's just one or two things, it's not bad enough to derail me, so I'll strive for the balance next time.
              Starting weight: 225
              Current weight: 195
              Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
              Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
              My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• Thanks for the Happy Feet Penguin, Longing. It's funny b/c when my daughter gets excited she moves her feet like the penguin so we sometimes call her "Happy Feet".

Lex, I agree with you. Sugar sucks. I hate it when I indulge and that indulgence sets off a cascading sea of binges and other indulgences...

I broke rule number one and had a square of Dove... I was still itching to eat after my lunch, pulled open my desk drawer, saw no almonds, but did see a Dove bar... *sigh* Oh well. It was only one square. Could have been the whole bar.

I went to the restroom a little bit ago and noticed my skin is glowing today. My cheeks are slightly rosey and my skin has a nice tone to it. If I'd had my camera, I woulda taken a picture. I felt radiant! Could have just been the lighting in the room, but whatever it was, I liked the way it made me look.

I didn't take my iodine supplement this morning. I read a bunch of conflicting information here at MDA that got me concerned, so until I do further research, I will just stick to my other 11 daily pills... Too many pills, but you can't get the same dosages in a multi, which I think is a bunch of crap...

A 9:00 bedtime is sounding better and better every minute! Can't wait!

Comment

• jenn...sorry you're feeling out of sorts. I have those days occasionally too. I think its just all part of the body trying to heal & adjust itself as its returning to homeostatis.

I loved the dancing penguin!! wished the monkey's would've worked!!

have an awesome day!!
                  Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Lol for the Happy Feet, CJ

Jenn, hope you got to bed in time and are feeling better today ((hug)).
                    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• I was in my bed at 9. Son got yellow at preschool and one of the punishments for that is going to be a half hour earlier than usual. he's 5 and probably shouldn't be up til 9 anyway, but there's no time for family enjoyment/play time if we do an 8 pm bedtime every night... DH went into work at 3 am this morning, so I really had no reason to stay up once the kids were in bed. I read for a while and had lights out prior to 10. Still woke up dragging ass and unable to avoid the snooze button.

My GP does not have any form of adrenal testing... booo. Was hoping I could get that through the insurance company. Guess not. instead I'll just assume they're deflated and treat them accordingly. As such, started taking iodine again today.

Now I'm concerned I may end up with too much iron in my system... With the supplements I'm taking, I'm getting 102% the daily allowance. I guess when magnets start sticking to me, I'll get concerned.

Tested my BP today... first time was 133/77 with a pulse of 63... too high... retake. Second time, only moments later was 118/73 with a BP of 64. Much better and more consistent with what I get at the drs office.

My pee is BRIGHT YELLOW! Like Mt. Dew yellow... I guess I can assume my B vitamins are sufficient. Pharmacist told me I could load up on B's and not have to worry about toxicity b/c whatever the body doesn't use, it excretes through the urine. So, yeah, bright yellow. Almost neon or radioactive, I think... maybe this is the radioactivity from the kelp - did it come from Japan? I don't know... but probably. Just looked at the bottle (online) and don't see where it was grown...

Eats for today:

B: 8:30 am
                      Vitamins
                      3 boiled eggs
                      4 Jone's All Natural sausage links (man, these are good!)

L: 12:30 pm
                      2 butterflied pork chops (4 oz max)
                      1 cup steamed carrots with butter
                      Heinz bbq sauce

D:
                      3 boiled eggs
                      almonds

I still have a paper to write for class tonight, so I better jet. Just wanted to check in. I hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

• It's Wednesday... that deceptive day that makes you think it's almost the weekend...

I'm down to 210 as of this morning. Out of curiosity, I chose to take my measurements. Since 3/14 I am down 6 total inches where it counts. In 45 days I have lost 7 lbs. Thank you, Mark Sisson and the Primal Blueprint!!

Had class til about 10 last night. DH was already in bed b/c he went to work way early today so he could get off at 10. He's picking up his "new" truck today and hoping to get some graphics work done so he can make some MOAN-AY! He's selling his graphics equipment and supplies by the end of the month which will put us in a much better place every month financially. He loves doing the graphics, but it takes up sooo much time that he can't enjoy the kids or spend time with me or do anything else he wants to do b/c he has to jump right into graphics as soon as he gets home from work. I'll miss having the business and the freedom to redesign our race car as we see fit (not to mention the reduction in cost of lettering our race car by doing it ourselves) but it'll be nice to have that extra money each month and my husband back.

I woke up a bit easier this morning despite going to bed late. I was acutally out of bed at 10 to 6 instead of 6... DS got up early too. I'm hoping this is a trend in the right direction for me. I haven't done a lick of exercise at all this week in an attempt to not stress my body and I wonder if that plus the vitamins is helping. My foot doesn't really feel any better, but I think my adrenals are happier.

Food for today:

B: 8:45
                        Vitamins
                        3 boiled eggs
                        3 sausage links

L:
                        2 pieces primal meatloaf
                        salad???
                        Dark chocolate square

D:
                        Chicken breast with rosemary and other spices
                        Steamed veggies

S options:
                        Almonds
                        strawberries with HWC
                        Dark chocolate squares

Ketostick was ever so slightly pink today. Hoping I can make it pinker. I don't want to spend a long time in ketosis, just long enough to switch my body. It doesn't seem as draining this time as it did the first time. I just find that without CW foods, I don't eat a lot of carbs... tried to eat an apple last night with my eggs for dinner and it made my tummy upset. Not sure why so I didn't finish it. Only ate about half of it and finished my meal with some almonds instead.

I did a lot of reading in the thread "Dr says Primal isn't for me" where a gal recounts her discussion with her doctor and why he thinks she should have lap band instead of going primal. I learned a LOT about insulin stability and how the body uses fat more efficiently when insulin levels are low. Going to pay more attention to the GI and choose foods that have a low GI value - especially when considering fruit. I believe apples are high... pineapple and watermelon are REALLY high... gotta find fruits I like that are low b/c right now I'm not eating any fruit.

Anyhow... since I was busy yesterday I have a LOT of journals to catch up on, so I better take off. I hope everyone is having a good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                          Not sure if I'm feeling bummed or mellow today... definitely not excited or exhuberant or overflowing with happiness... not even sure I'd say I'm content... not sure of the reason. Just not feeling it today. Wish I was sleeping.

Is it naptime yet??? I could really go for a nap... I hope everyone's having a good Monday. Hopefully my mood will perk up soon.
                          Hi, I, too, sometimes go against my better judgment and find that I feel the same the next day. Just sayin to pay attention to the moodiness and need for sleep. I know mine is related to Beer (wheat) and roll (who knows).

Good luck.
                          Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                          CW: 10-11-16: 144
                          GW: 130 a dream, I know
                          Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• I am so happy for you on the loss and loss of inches also!!
                            It"s funny about the not exercising because in the last week
                            I also have had the least exercise and the best loss in awhile.. Hmmm...
                            You sound good today Jenn ~ Have a great day!

Comment

• awww~ thank's Jenn for your note on my journal page

Comment

• Originally posted by longing2bfit View Post
                                You sound good today Jenn
                                Thank you. I feel good today.

Comment

Working...
                                X