My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
    So does the clicking do anything, or is that just tracked for traffic purposes? And you don't have to buy something from the widget (like a recommended book), just get to amazon through the widget and buy something?
    All you have to do is use the widget to get to Amazon. As long as you don't close the window before putting something in the cart, the person whose widget you used gets credit for the referral, as long as that item gets purchased in the next 30 days.

For instance... I go to you blog. You recommend a book in your widget. I click the link and decide I don't like the book but want to see other books in that category. I search Amazon from that same window. I find a book I like. I add it to my cart. You just got credit for that referral b/c I never closed the window.

Now, suppose I close the window, come back in two days by simply typing Amazon.com in the address box. I complete the transaction for the book I placed in my cart two days ago. You get referral fee for that purchase.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      Jenn, FYI, I read in some reviews (on Amazon, I think) that Maca root powder can taste really terrible if you take it in powder form. I also read that you shouldn't get it in raw form because of the goitrogenic properties. Gelatinized seems to be best. Navitas Naturals has a both a gelatinous and raw form (it's a powder, you just stir it into a beverage). Or just make sure the product does not say "raw" in the title if you get capsules and it'll probably be okay. In his article, Mark said to make sure you're keeping up with iodine and other thyroid-supporting nutrients. I'll probably just make sure I'm consistent with my multi-vitamins, which have 100% of the RDA for Iodine in them while I try the maca root supps I picked up. I'll tell you the brand when I get home, since it's 1000mg per capsule. There were a bunch of options at Whole Foods, but this was the best deal for the # of capsules you get, and the only one with 1000mg per capsule.

I wonder how soon I might notice a difference for libido. I will probably increase the dose to 3g daily if I don't feel like it's doing anything within a few days. Some of the reviews I read had people extolling its virtues within a couple of weeks, so I think that's reasonable.
      It sounds, after reading Mark's blog about it, that it's a supplement you don't have to take every day to see results. He said to limit its use if you develop "untoward results". I got a non-raw form from NOW. I remembered him saying raw was bad for the thyroid, and that we should also supplement the thyroid. Since I don't take a multi (just various other vitamins) I might start taking my iodine again.

Comment

• My untold success story

I'm not sure how long I'll keep this up. I posted it on a board on Facebook and kind of wish I hadn't. May go back and delete it b/c there are things in here that I have never told anyone before - not my best friend, not my psychiatrist, not my psychologist and most certainly not my husband... so, like I said, this may not remain posted for long, but I felt if I could tell FB peeps, I should be able to tell all of you. This was in response to someone telling what it's like to have depression and have the feeling of no hope or belief to use diet to fix the problems.

I had depression and anxiety. Then I had my son and developed post partum, which my doctors expected given my history with anxiety and depression. Then 3 months after he was born, I got the call that I was going to deploy for a year. Then my post partum intensified and a panic disorder ensued. Army doc said PTSD as a result of the mental and emotional trauma of leaving my son for an entire year so soon after his birth (which might not have been the case had my depression, anxiety and post partum issues been properly addressed and cared for). Army psych disqualified me from deploying and took away my ability to carry a weapon (because those with anxiety and PTSD tend to sometimes do crazy stuff). As a supply sergeant who maintained an Arms room with also housed ammunition, I was no longer able to do my job and was asked to resign. I was later discharged for my mental health problems and told I'd be on medication until the day I die. Paleo fixed all of that. No, I'm not the same person as a result of all that mental and emotional trauma (and I think my ability to bond with my son was affected too), but I'm no longer fighting every day to stay afloat thanks to Paleo. I am no longer bouncing from one medication to the next. I'm no longer taking 3 medications to combat my symptoms. I still have occasional symptoms, but I can recognize them for what they are now and can overcome them on my own by stepping back, taking a deep breath and forcing the irrational thoughts from my head that induce the anxiety (last night it was a vision of my daughter's room being on fire with her in her crib). I can push those thoughts away now and know that just because the picture enters my head does not mean it's going to happen. I am no longer suicidal and wanting to take my kids with me so that they never grow up and always remain my babies. THIS is what Paleo has done for me. This is my, up until now, untold success story. This is the success story I am afraid to share with anyone because no one knows the thoughts I was entertaining when I was at my lowest point because no one knows just how low I got - not even my psychiatrist. I was too afraid they'd admit me to an in-patient facility. That was foolish, looking back, and VERY dangerous, but I pulled through. When I reached that lowest point, I sought out the Paleo diet. 4 months later, my psychiatrist felt I was well enough to test the waters without medication. That was in June. I have been medication free since then. And I don't experience symptoms unless I stray from the Paleo plan ( since i had irrational thoughts last night, it's obvious to see I've been straying a bit). For me, Paleo was the answer. The "cure" if you will.

Comment

• Jenn, I 'm so glad you found what you needed to get past that time. That's a fantastic success!

Comment

• Your untold success story is incredibly moving, Jenn. In blogging this year, I've been pushing myself to talk more about how I'm feeling and how I feel that I've changed, especially in managing my depression and anxiety. It can be scary to put yourself out there like that, to anyone. I'm often afraid of having people respond with "yeah but" and trying to invalidate my experiences. The good thing about my primal journey is that I've gotten to the point where I am comfortable providing a rebuttal, or telling them to fuck off, depending on how I'm feeling . Thank you for sharing!
            Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm really glad it helped. I generally use my mood as one of my main reasons I went primal, as most people go "diet? You, of all people, don't need to lose weight!" (I live in West Texas, 5-20 lb overweight is thin here.) When I tell them it keeps me sane, I get the "whatever works for you, crazy lady" shrug.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Jenn --- expressing what is deep inside is HEALING! I'm so proud of you for putting that very personal and very scarey information out there for all to see. In truth and honesty - we find healing. Please don't take this down because it is proof that you are now willing to own and express what was happening deep inside you at a very difficult time in your life. When you offer up your success story for Mark's friday stories - I hope you will include all this in it.

We are sorta brought up to present ourselves as "having it all together" - but so few of us really do. Thanks for being willing to lay it all out there - you're brave and I admire you! I'm also VERY happy that you have found your way out of that dark time through simply changing your diet!! What a testimony you have in your primal journey!

I SOOOO want to hug you right now! {sqwinches!!!!}
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                  I SOOOO want to hug you right now! {sqwinches!!!!}
                  If you did that, I'd probably cry. And I don't like crying.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                    If you did that, I'd probably cry. And I don't like crying.
                    Tears are cleansing to the soul! But they also make a mess of your make-up!
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Jenn, thank you for being brave. Thank you for sharing your pain and not being ashamed.

As a fellow anxiety/depression warrior, I have also been to the bottom of the barrel and had some dark thoughts.

It is SOOOOOO important for women to share these experiences. Knowing that you are not alone, that others have faced similar things strengthens us as a community of women, and in turn our world. We are only as sick as our secrets (wise words from my therapist who helped me heal my anxiety).

Thank you again for being so brave.
                      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                        Tears are cleansing to the soul! But they also make a mess of your make-up!
                        I don't wear make-up, so I'm ok there... but they make my face beet red for the rest of the day, and THAT is what I want to avoid... plus, the drained feeling you get after having a good cry. I'd like to avoid that drained feeling.

Comment

• thats why I try to save my crying time for bed............ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. but then I wake up with puffy eyes.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Man... keeping it even between friends when ordering from their Amazon widgets is difficult... lol I think I got it as close as I possibly can.

From Naiad, I ordered a Kindle book (9.98), NOW Double Strength Cod Liver Oil (12.42), a red power ranger action figure (6.95) and a blue power ranger action figure (6.99) for a total of 36.38.

From Tash, I ordered a Bubble Guppies DVD (9.96), Tangled DVD (14.69), a gold power ranger action figure (7.49) and the Land Before Time DVD (4.99) for a total of 37.13.

That is absolutely the closest I can get it... lol I had to order my Maca separately to keep from driving myself nuts trying to get it closer and give someone credit for everything I am ordering.

I will place my order tomorrow.

Comment

• OH, and all items qualified for free shipping.

Comment

• Hey, don't worry about it. It's going to take forever for any of us to get to the minimum for a payout anyway!
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X