3 boiled eggs
    28 almonds

skipped lunch

snack of almonds about 5 pm

2 butterflied pork chops
    4 asparagus spears (not sure I'm a fan)
    2 cups (approx) of Italian Blend veggies

half handful of dark chocolate chips

1 1/2 handfuls of dark chocolate chips, melted with coconut, topped with whipped cream and strawberries. It was like a strawberry mounds with strawberries and whipped cream. so yummy

Movement:
    LHT (half a workout... knees were hurting and arms were feeling too weak for pullups after doing pushups)
    bike ride for 20 minutes (4 1/2 miles)
    walk with sister (1 mile) - took kids to the park and pushed daughter in swing for 45 mins or so
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Today I am happy! I feel energized, almost spastic. I feel like I'm buzzing with energy. Honestly... my nerves are all buzzing like I'm powered up and ready to take on the day!

I love it.

I started taking a lot of vitamins. Here is my list:

B12 (1000 mg)
      Cod Liver Oil (1000 mg)
      D3 (1000 mg)
      Zinc (don't know)
      Calcium (1200 mg)
      Kelp
      Stress B Complex (for adrenal health - contains B3, B5, B6)
      l-methylfolate (15 mg folic acid for depression/serotonin absorption)

And... lexapro for depression/anxiety... boooooo

12 pills every morning. But given how I feel right now, they're SOOOO worth it! it'll be interesting to see how my mornings change from here on out - how easily I get moving in the morning, whether or not I can actually MAKE IT TO WORK ON TIME!! UGH!

This morning I had a big breakfast.

2 egg omelet with mushrooms, green peppers, onion, ham and cheese
      hashbrowns of sorts with cheese
      3 sausage links

I'm hoping to skip lunch and eat my lunch for dinner - which is only 2 butterfly pork chops b/c I just realized I forgot to pack some veggies... *sigh*

Ketostick came back negative today b/c of my high carb weekend. But the scale dropped those two lbs I gained this weekend, so i guess I'll just take what I can get. Hoping to reenter ketosis soon. I liked the effect of losing 2 inches of fat off my midsection in 2 weeks!

Today I intend to walk to the gym and then ride the bike for a while. Minimum of 30 minutes, but maybe 40. I don't know yet.

The bottom line is that today I feel fantastic! I love feeling so happy and overjoyed! Now... if only I could simmer down and write the danged paper that's due tonight.... 6 pages... EEEK! Better get with it. Talk to y'all later.

Comment

• Did not go to the gym because I forgot my Kindle at home... I don't want to sit on a stationary bike for 30 minutes with nothing to read and quite honestly reading my college class materials just doesn't seem exciting...

So, no bike. I thought about taking a walk, but my foot hurts and I didn't bring anything warm to wear. I don't want to further aggravate my foot. I switched back to my work shoes yesterday after wearing my runners all last week and man did my foot hurt last night! My little boy (5), bless his heart, rubbed it for me. He's such a sweetie when he's not breaking stuff. lol so, I'm back in runners today. Thinking it might be a while before I can wear work shoes again. I just hope it doesn't reach a point where I have to wear a 'broken foot' boot. I saw someone with severe plantar faciitis once who had to wear a black "broken foot" boot to stretch her tendons back out... I'm not interested. And this really ticks me off b/c this is TECHNICALLY a running injury and I haven't even been running!!!

UGH! Anyhow... didn't fast through lunch. Ate some almonds b/c I wanted to munch. I realized that the breakfast I had today was no bigger than my usual breakfast of 3 eggs and 3 sausage and 28 almonds... in fact, it might have been smaller in relation to calories, protein, and fat. And certainly higher in carbs b/c of the veggies.

And they're remodeling the bathroom RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO MY OFFICE so all I hear is construction noise... that makes me want to eat. Stupid construction noise! Our building is primarily constructed out of cinder blocks so it's reverberating through the entire building and driving us all nuts! lol O_o

ANYHOW... I'm feeling some hunger pangs... think I might eat...

Comment

• Nice journal -- love the detail.

I'm a newbie, so I'm only throwing out something revealed to me this am by an email from hubby re: sugar

One plain bagel contains the less sugar/carbs as a glass of orange juice.
          (1 PLAIN BAGEL; 20. GLASS OF TROPICANA SMOOTH ORANGE JUICE (200ml); 21)

Secret sugars from food:

Secret sugars in your food: From two cubes in a salad to 16-and-a-half in bottled water, what you're eating without realising it | Mail Online

--------------
          What are ham and cheese hashbrowns? Sounds like something hubby would like.

---------
          You can do pushups? I can't do one. You have inspired me -- gotta get working on the "beginner pushup deal."
          Last edited by Chatty; 04-11-2012, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chatty View Post
            Nice journal -- love the detail.

I'm a newbie, so I'm only throwing out something revealed to me this am by an email from hubby re: sugar

One plain bagel contains the less sugar/carbs as a glass of orange juice.
            (1 PLAIN BAGEL; 20. GLASS OF TROPICANA SMOOTH ORANGE JUICE (200ml); 21)

Secret sugars from food:

Secret sugars in your food: From two cubes in a salad to 16-and-a-half in bottled water, what you're eating without realising it | Mail Online
            Thanks for stopping by. I only drink 100% orange juice - the stuff with no added sugars - just the natural sugars that come from the fruit, so I'm ok with it. I know your article said that they become "added sugar" once the fiber is removed, but I disagree. It was never added, simply extracted from the fruit. I'm not avoiding all sugar b/c to be truthful, it's nearly impossible if you allow anyone else to prepare your food. For instance, I found some no preservative, no other yucky stuff sausages at the store b/c I haven't had a chance to make my own yet. They contain pork, water, salt, and sugar. They are so freaking good... but again, have sugar, but it must be VERY little sugar b/c there is 0g listed on the nutrition info... odd...

The bagel on the other hand has toxic wheat in it... wheat I avoid like the plague...
            Last edited by jenn26point2; 04-11-2012, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Ah Wednesday... how I do not love thee... You give the illusion that it's almost the weekend, but there's still so much week to go... Oh well... let's work to make it rock.

The demo is still taking place in the bathrooms next door... the reverberations are driving me bonkers!! SO. ANNOYING. I don't know if I can handle 30 days of this noise...

On a happier note, I'm wearing a shirt I had stuffed in the closet to not be worn again for a long time b/c it didn't fit right. The sleeves were so tight I could hardly stand to move in it. Not today!! Sleeves are nice and roomy. Hooray!

I mentioned in my post above that I have some sausage that has sugar in it, but zero sugar is registered on the nutrition info... there is 1 carb accounted for, but nothing else. I wonder if that one carb captures the sugar... seems odd that it would have added sugar, but there's no sugar content listed... hmmmm... maybe it's such a low content of sugar (like less than 1 gram or something) and they don't have to report it? Oh well... I'll keep eating them because they're absolutely delicious!!

Yesterday I skipped dinner. Well, I guess not entirely... I did eat 3 squares of dark chocolate... I left work about 5 and headed to class. I asked the student who was working the desk if there was a microwave available to the students and she said no, which means I would be unable to heat up my pork chop... so I figured I'd eat my boiled eggs and some almonds, but as it turns out, i was never hungry so I didn't eat. I had to stop at the store on the way home to get some night-time diapers for my boy, and hunger started to hit. I picked up some things for home and had a serious sugar craving, so I got some Dove Promises. I ate 3. They were delicious! I never thought the day would EVER come that I would find dark chocolate to be yummy. I've always been a milk chocolate girl.

I skipped my bike ride yesterday b/c I didn't bring my Kindle. Today I have it. Today I will LHT and then ride the bike for a bit. Walk to and from the gym, and then walk tonight with my sister. And since they're demo-ing the bathroom, I have to walk to the other end of the building to pee... so plenty of movement today.

Food looks like this:

3 sausage patties
              3 boiled eggs
              vitamins

2 butterfly pork chops
              BBQ sauce
              Italian blend veggies
              peas (I know, I know... but I have a big bag and want to use them up)

Chicken Cordon Bleu (weight watchers recipe with ham and laughing cow cheese) wrapped in bacon
              Some green veggies - idk what yet

Strawberries with coconut and whipped cream (yuuuuuummmy!)

Nothing stellar happening in my life today. Pretty boring actually... blah! I guess I'll go catch up on the journals now. I hope everyone is having a great day!

Comment

• Oh, forgot to mention that the ketostick tried like hell to be pink this morning. Very faint color change. Guessing tomorrow will be the day that I can finally say I have entered ketosis again. Can't wait!

Comment

• Hi Jenn, good news on the shirt! Hope the demolition is ended soon, work is hard enough without all that noise
                  My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                  My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                  Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                  Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Hey Jenn, I have those Ketosis sticks but since I ended up going back to higher carb I guess they were a waste of money for me. I never did manage to get but the faintest of pink on them even when I went no-carb for a few days!!! I always thought maybe they were not working for me.. Hey are you doing the iodine?? Check out this article I read this morning!!

Seaweed linked to post-menopause cancer risk

What do you think?/

Comment

• Originally posted by longing2bfit View Post
                      Hey Jenn, I have those Ketosis sticks but since I ended up going back to higher carb I guess they were a waste of money for me. I never did manage to get but the faintest of pink on them even when I went no-carb for a few days!!! I always thought maybe they were not working for me.. Hey are you doing the iodine?? Check out this article I read this morning!!

Seaweed linked to post-menopause cancer risk

What do you think?/
                      I think it's inconclusive. it doesn't say how much they ate or for how many years... just that they ate it daily and there might be a link... Over the course of a 14 year period, you'd think they'd have some idea of how much the ladies were consuming.

I will do more research on this and get back to you. Thank you for the heads up.

Comment

• Tribal support girlfriend

Comment

• I do believe that possibly my body is in a ketogenic state (or is making the transition to it) b/c I am soooo lethargic right now. I went to the gym and even the idea of changing clothes was a chore! I did it anyway, and quickly got absorbed into my reading while on the bike, but still. I just wanna be a lump on the couch right now. This is exactly how I felt the last time my body switched. Hopefully this time it'll be quicker!!

Comment

• Going very low carb/high protein/fat today and tomorrow. I've been eating entirely too much dark chocolate lately. Yesterday at work I had 4 squares... then last night I grabbed a square that I didn't even get to enjoy b/c I had to rush to my daughter (can't remember if she was getting in trouble or doing something unsafe...) and instead of setting it down, I popped the whole thing in my mouth and chewed it up. Normally I would bite a piece off, let it melt in my mouth, and then bite off another chunk. I also indulged in a bunch of dark chocolate chips as a topping on my strawberries and heavy whipping cream... so, taking a couple of days away from the dark chocolate and high "sugar" carbs. Hoping to break the cycle I can see forming - which is usually how it goes... I start allowing little indulgences and then they become more and more frequent until I completely fall off the wagon and lose control again. This year I promised myself *I* would be in control of both my body and my emotions. I've gained that control and I refuse to lose it.

Today's food will look something like this:

3 sausage patties
                            4 boiled eggs
                            vitamins (all 11 pills +1 antidepressant choked down)

Chicken cordon blue leftovers
                            3 sausage links
                            bag of sugar snap peas
                            2 boiled eggs

Brats
                            Saurkraut (sp??)

This is a TON of food. I'm so stuffed just from breakfast that I feel like I could burst... But, I'm going to do this and see what I can come up with. Yesterday I felt really really bloated all day long and today the scale was up 2 lbs. Those nasty sugary carbs have GOT to go... This cycle will NOT start over again. I'm not going back to that way of living.

Today I feel sleepy again. I feel like I only got 2 hours of sleep last night, despite sleeping from 1030 til 430 uninterrupted. After 430 alarm clocks are going off and sleep is disturbed until I finally drag my dead-weight ass out of bed at 6 to rush through the shower and get the kids out the door by 6:30... doesn't happen. I'm going to aim to be out of bed by 5:30 next week. I am tired of getting to work 15-25 minutes late every day. Luckily, my bosses don't seem to care as long as I am here as long as I'm supposed to be (8 hours)... but this has got to stop. It makes me look irresponsible, and I'm not... just super tired and unable to get moving in the morning. Hurry up and get fixed, adrenals! I can't wait til 11 when I finally start to feel alive!

Time to make the trek to the other end of the building to use the potty... I was a little spoiled having a bathroom right outside my office door. lol I hope everyone's having a good day.

Comment

• I have a had a few of my best non-bloated days and I am up 2 pounds also.. so just goes to show it really doesn't matter.. there is no rhyme or reason for these flunctuations.. *sigh* I would just like to see a downward trend overall.. *Just keep swimming*

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                                This year I promised myself *I* would be in control of both my body and my emotions. I've gained that control and I refuse to lose it.

This is a TON of food. I'm so stuffed just from breakfast that I feel like I could burst... But, I'm going to do this and see what I can come up with. Yesterday I felt really really bloated all day long and today the scale was up 2 lbs. Those nasty sugary carbs have GOT to go... This cycle will NOT start over again. I'm not going back to that way of living.

YOU GO GIRL!!! That's the spirit! You can do it
                                My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                                My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                                Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                                Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

Working...
                                X