Ealachan Resets Her Leptin And Talks Too Much

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leptin Reset, Day 36

B: turkey patty (they're gone now, thank god! So sick of them!), two eggs, coffee with a bunch of CO in it - I hadn't been having this all week, and I think it really makes a difference.
    L: not planning on any
    D: we're going out with my parents to celebrate their anniversary, so bad things will probably be consumed. And liquor.

- no icing last night
    - slept ok. Had minimal heartburn, which was surprising given the amount of cheese I ate. Dairy usually = heartburn for me.
    - skin feels super smooth but it's still flakey! So annoying!
    - BP was 117/77 this morning with pulse 71, about 25 minutes post-prandial. I took 12.5mg of HCTZ this morning instead of my normal 25g...going to do that for a few days and see how the BP does. The HCTZ doesn't make me need to pee urgently like it used to, so I'm sort of wondering if it's not working anymore anyway.
    --
    Half-assed Primal on and off for a couple years. Started back in earnest in January 2012.
    Leptin Reset started 2/29/12
    5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O
    HW: 410+ SW: 375 CW: 340-ish
    goals acheived thus far: Have ditched high-blood pressure medicine, was able to comfortably fit into a plane seat for my vacation in August 2012.

Comment

Leptin Reset, Day 37

B: two sausages (15g protein and 15g fat each), three eggs (6g protein and 4g fat each), coffee w/ 1TBSP CO and 2 tsp cocoa
      L: roasted red pepper soup made with coconut milk, caeser salad.
      D: dunno yet...steak, maybe? Haven't had steak in a while!

- learned my lesson from yesterday and upped my breakfast intake significantly (48g protein plus a bunch of fat). On a day when I'm going to be eating lunch anyway. Oh, well.

- no icing last night. Went out to dinner with parents and husband. Had two margaritas, some nachos and some venison and chorizo stew, all of which were utterly glorious. Had a really good time.

- Slept like utter shit. EVERYTHING kept waking me up, and I kept laying there with my heart pounding. Guess that's the price I had to pay for the margaritas and the corn chips.

- going out to lunch with a friend today - planning to have soup and salad. The place we go has a pretty limited menu - it's mostly just sandwiches, and I"d rather eat a salad than order a sandwich and sit there picking it apart.
      Last edited by Ealachan; 04-06-2012, 10:58 AM.
      --
      Half-assed Primal on and off for a couple years. Started back in earnest in January 2012.
      5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O
      goals acheived thus far: Have ditched high-blood pressure medicine, was able to comfortably fit into a plane seat for my vacation in August 2012.

Comment

Leptin Reset, Day 38

B: BP coffee, giant omlette with veggies, ham and cheese in it, regular coffee w/ cream, a few pieces of potato (maybe 1/4 cup, total)
        L: -
        D: ?

- zonked out around 10:30 last night, up at 4:15 to take husband to work, no problems staying up once I got home from that (usually I go back to bed).

- felt overly warm most of yesterday, even though it was only about 40 degrees out / 63 in the house. Yay!

- made my BP coffee this morning with CO and a little kerrygold butter. Whisked the bejesus out of it, and it DOES in fact stay emulsified a lot better / longer with the addition of the butter. I'm down to the dregs of the cup now and there's only a little bit of oilslick on top. Huzzah!

- planning to get my CT in after I get home from breakfast and errands this morning. Hubs is at work until noon, so I should hopefully have time to ice for an hour before I have to go pick him up.
        --
        5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Easter Dinner!

--
          5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Leptin Reset, Day 39

B: two sausages, three eggs, BP coffee with 2tsp cocoa (48g protein total, at least 56g fat, probably more)
            D: Easter dinner - ham, veggies, etc.
            --
            5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Leptin Reset, Day 40

B: three eggs, BP coffee w/ CO and Kerrygold, 5-ish oz of ham
              D: not sure yet. Depends on if husband is home tonight or not.

- Ate "dinner" around 2.30 yesterday afternoon because that's when it was ready. Didn't eat anything else except a couple squares of chocolate around 7pm last night, until 8 this morning, and wasn't preoccupyingly hungry! I didn't actually do that on purpose - I just wasn't hungry last night around our normal dinner time, so I decided not to eat.

- Laid in bed last night, about 10 hours after having done the very short cold-water soak on my legs, and could feel the exact line of where the cold water had come up to on my legs. From that line down, it felt like I had invisible super-warm socks on, but all the redness was long gone from my skin and it felt the same temp as the rest of my skin to the touch. Craziness.

- slept hard from about 10:30pm to 6am, then slept fitfully from 6am to 7:30. I need to just make myself get up when I wake up early like that.

- have been grumpy and short-tempered the last few days for no discernable reason. Wondering if my body is starting to get rid of some estrogen. Certainly hope so!
              --
              5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Leptin Reset, Day 41

B: three eggs, two sausages (15g protein and fat each, for those playing along at home), BP coffee w/ 2tsp cocoa, kerrygold and CO
                D: some kind of chicken stir-fry to use up the chicken thighs I have leftover.

- slept well last night - 10:30pm to about 6:30am. Dozed on and off until about 7:10, then made myself get up. I did wake up a couple times in the night, but rolled over and went right back to sleep each time.

- no CT last night because hubs was home. Going to attempt a Croak Soak tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to get my fat ass back out of the tub when I'm done...
                --
                5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Leptin Reset, Day 42

B: 5.5oz of lean ground beef, 2 eggs, BP coffee w/ CO and KG, 2tsp cocoa
                  D: chicken that I really need to use up, likely

- made a fabulous thai red curry fish stew for dinner last night using shrimp and cod. Really enjoyed it. I've never been much of a fish person, but I can definitely handle fish curry.

- weight holding steady at the 348 - 350 mark for a few days now. I've lost another half inch or so off my belly. My boobs actually stick out more than my stomach now, which doesn't necessarily sound like that big of a deal, but believe me, it's exciting.

- stomach hurts a bit this morning. Not a heartburn hurt, but just kind of a weird achey general hurt. Not sure what's going on there. The only thing out of the ordinary I had yesterday was...uhhhh...some tequila. Maybe that did it.

- Which brings me to my last point - no CT last night because I had a couple cocktails while making dinner and accidentally got a little bit drunk. Figured it would not be wise to go jumping into a tub of cold water whilst half in the bag! I had given up booze for Lent, so the last few nights since Easter I've been kind of exercising my right to an adult beverage a bit too hard. I think the novelty has worn off for now and I can get back down to business. Boring, not-drunk business...hah!
                  --
                  5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Leptin Reset, Day 43

B: 6oz ground beef, two eggs, BP coffee w/ CO and KG, 2tsp cocoa
                    D: chicken and something, most likely

- got my butt to bed at a reasonable hour last night (10:15) and zonked right out. Woke up to the dog barking at something an hour later, zonked out immediately again, woke up at 12:10 to go pick husband up, was back in bed by 12:40, didn't hear a thing again until about 10 minutes before the alarm went off at 7am. My only complaint is that I had a horrible sad dream that was very vivid.

- had some kind of weird gut thing going on all day yesterday (even before I ate the stupid pizza), but it's cleared up this morning, so yay!
                    --
                    5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Originally posted by Ealachan View Post
                      We hates the flourescent blue light, Baggins...HATES IT.
                      You're hilarious! I love your posts!
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
                      Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

I'm half assed doing a leptin reset starting today, full blown on Monday. Started the day with a protein breakfast and some coconut milk. Lunch was "rabbit food" as Dr. Kruse would call it - half a green pepper and some coconut milk. idk what dinner will be.

Your posts crack me up and I'm looking forward to following your continued progress. Great job thus far!

I don't know if I'll do the CT... is it really required? What is the purpose?
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Hi there - I've actually moved my ranting over to Dr. Kruse's forums on his website. Plenty of shennanigans over there, if you want to come check it out.

And while CT isn't really "required" per se, it will make a big difference to your health in the long run. There's a whole series of blogs about it that Dr. Kruse outlines the science in. It's some fairly heavy reading, but the info is all there.

Plus? Honestly? I have to admit that I get kind of a sick, twisted pleasure out of sinking down into a tub of cold water and making up creative ways to curse Dr. K....but I'm kind of a sick puppy like that, so your milage may vary.
                          --
                          5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Just popping in to say hello from brandon, Vt

Comment

Working...
                            X