No announcement yet.

Ealachan Resets Her Leptin And Talks Too Much

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tall girls for the win! How's your hunger nowadays?

Comment

Hi Kcarol - high five for tallness!

Hunger has been ok today so far. I don't know what the deal was yesterday...it just hit me like a truck around 1:45 in the afternoon. I really didn't sleep well on Sunday night at all and was exhausted all day yesterday, so I think that must have had something to do with it. Slept better last night (although still kind of fitful...we really need a new bed), and haven't had a hunger problem today, thankfully.
      --
      Half-assed Primal on and off for a couple years. Started back in earnest in January 2012.
      Leptin Reset started 2/29/12
      5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O
      HW: 410+ SW: 375 CW: 340-ish
      goals acheived thus far: Have ditched high-blood pressure medicine, was able to comfortably fit into a plane seat for my vacation in August 2012.

Comment

Leptin Reset, Day 13

Well, tomorrow will be two full weeks I've stuck with this. That should get me some kind of prize, because I'm usually the queen of unsticktoitivness. And making up words.

B: 4.5oz sausage, 2 eggs, bulletproof coffee
        L: no lunch!
        D: pulled pork doctored up with tamari, five-spice powder and lime juice, served with red pepper strips, green onion and cilantro. It was SUPPOSED to be on lettuce leaves so we could have kind of asian pork tacos, but my dumb ass forgot the lettuce whilst at the grocery store. DURR. So we just had piles' o pork, which is far more fun to say, at least.

My pile o' pork didn't really set well for some reason, and I'm still kind of tasting it four hours later, which annoys me. I don't have actual heartburn like I used to get...I just can't seem to stop belching and tasting pile o' pork. Maybe my pile was too big. I didn't weigh it, but I bet it was at least 6 oz. I really wolfed it down because a) I was hungry and b) I had shit I needed to get done in a certain time-frame, so that probably didn't help either, in retrospect.

Did another face-plunge after dinner. It went well except for the fact that I start getting a brain-freeze kind of pain up near my hairline after about 20 seconds in the water, which is annoying. It goes away almost as soon as I take my face out of the water, but it happens every time. I got a nifty all-over rush of coldness for a couple seconds during my plunge session. It was like a quick bout of whole-body shiver, but it only lasted maybe two seconds.
        --
        Half-assed Primal on and off for a couple years. Started back in earnest in January 2012.
        5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O
        goals acheived thus far: Have ditched high-blood pressure medicine, was able to comfortably fit into a plane seat for my vacation in August 2012.

Comment

Woke up with the most hellacious keto-breath this morning...ugh. Guess that answers THAT question. Blech.

Does anyone have problems with keeping your bulletproof coffee from separating? I whisk mine by hand, get a good head of foam on it, pour it into my cup, and by the time I go to take a sip of it a few minutes later, the foam has all deflated and there's just kind of a lighter-colored oil slick across the top of my coffee. Still tastes fine but pretty unappealing. O.o

Also - I put my "fat" jeans on this morning fresh out of the clean laundry, and while they've been loose the last couple times I put them on, they uhhh...they slid almost all the way off my ass when I bent over to pick something up! Fat girl needs a BELT?! Ninja, WHUUUUUT?! The weird thing is that I measured and my actual hip / below-waist-gut / epic-booty-of-doom measurement hasn't changed much...but I guess it was just enough to make it so my jeans didn't have as much to hang off of back there...LOL

::does her patented booty-shake dance of epic winning, whilst holding up her jeans so as not to flash everyone her cotton-clad goodies::
          --
          5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Ha ha ha,you are funny Ealachan ... Glad you are having trouble with the jeans!! I have also got bullet proof keto breath at times Last night I was about to send DH off for some toothbrushing to freshen up when I realised it was me stinking up the air! Whew. Not often I am happy to have 'bad' breath!
            Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
            Primal low: 186 lbs
            Current weight: 221.4 lbs
            Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

Leptin Reset, Day 14

HAPPY TWO WEEKS TO ME!

B: sausage (didn't weigh, estimating 3.5oz), 3 eggs, bulletproof coffee, half a bar of 85% dark chocolate (that amounted to about 15g carbs)
              L: zip.
              D: something involving the leftover pulled pork from last night, probably. My body seems to want something other than meat today, so I might stir-fry the pork with some cabbage or something.

I have a weird craving lately...chicken. Like, a whole roasted chicken. I might pick up some chicken legs tonight and pop them in the oven, as I'm going to have a weird day of not getting home to eat dinner tomorrow night. If I pre-cook some chicken I can just bring it with me and eat it before I leave work or on the way to where I have to go (the games store, incidentally. Hubs and I are card-playing geeks, and we go to the games shop every other Thursday night to flop cardboard for a few hours).

After the jeans incident this morning, I'm really curious how much weight I've actually lost, but I don't trust my scale. I need to suck it up and buy a new one, I guess.
              --
              5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Originally posted by Coll View Post
                Ha ha ha,you are funny Ealachan ... Glad you are having trouble with the jeans!! I have also got bullet proof keto breath at times Last night I was about to send DH off for some toothbrushing to freshen up when I realised it was me stinking up the air! Whew. Not often I am happy to have 'bad' breath!
                I think part of the reason I drink a ton of water during the day now is to try to keep washing that taste out of my mouth...LOL
                --
                5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Ended up indulging my chicken craving for dinner tonight. I ate just about half of a small roasted chicken, skin and all, and a huge salad of green and cukes dressed with home-made olive oil vinaigrette. I know it was basically all awash in O6, but a) I don't eat that way every day, not even close...and b) I take a shitload of O3 supplements, so I think one chicken-fest probably isn't going to hurt me. Felt super good after dinner - satiated but not stuffed, and happy!

Skipped the face-plunges tonight. I'm going to try some ice packs on Friday night and see how it goes, I think.

Also - roasted up a mess of marrow bones and dumped them in the crock pot with some carrots, celery, bay leaves, thyme, black pepper, water and about 1/3 cup vinegar. My last bone broth experiment went ok, but I'm pretty sure I didn't cook it long enough (only left it on for 12 hours) because my broth didn't get gelatinous at all. I'm going to try to leave this one on for 24 hrs or so and see what I get.
                  --
                  5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Glad to see someone else around my age and over 250 on here. You go girl! You're giving me inspiration!

Comment

Leptin Reset, Day 15

B: 4 slices of bacon (local bacon! yay!), 3 eggs, bullet-proof coffee, more coffee w/ half and half on the ride to work
                      L: nyet
                      D: dunno yet. Whatever I can find on the way to the games shop.

- Used the last of my coconut oil this morning, ack! Hopefully writing it here will remind me to pick some up tonight.

- Really wish that whole "waking up before your alarm" part of things would kick in here, because I am STRUGGLING in the mornings. I'm lazy and not a morning person anyway, but lately I can't seem to get my ass out of bed at all without the husband and dog both hovering and whining.

- I wish the sun would come back out. This all seems so much easier when the sun is shining. It's been grey for two days now, and I just want to crawl into a hole and sleep. I think this is all probably stemming from PMS as I'm due to start Shark Week in just about a week's time. Bleh.

- BP was 114/92 this morning. Systolic is consistantly down, but diastolic is staying high. I want to understand why this is, but all my doctor ever tells me is that it will come down if I lose weight. Gee, thanks for that...:P
                      --
                      5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Leptin Reset, Day 16

B: 2 forkfuls of sauerkraut, 3 slices of bacon, 3 eggs, BP coffee - used 1 TBSP of CO along with about 1/4 cup of So Delicious unsweetened CM (the kind in the tetrapak). I was trying to see if the CM would help the CO not become an oil slick on top of the coffee after I whisked it up, and to a certain degree it did.

L: nope

D: 7oz strip steak, cup of steamed broccoli with tablespoon of coconut oil

Blood pressure was 119 / 82 this morning, HR 84. I only had time to take it once - usually I take it twice about 10 min apart and go with the second reading, but no time this morning. Being rushed might have been part of why my HR was up...:\ I really need to start getting up earlier in the mornings.

I DID remember to pick up coconut oil last night. Also got a huge jar of sauerkraut as I read that eating some in the morning with the BAB helps digestion. I picked up some salad shrimp and some 85% dark chocolate, too. I find that if I allow myself a couple pieces of chocolate after dinner (RIGHT after, not later on in the evening), it seems to shut off my "omg must snack" switch, which is a good thing. I'm not usually eating even half a serving of chocolate when I have it, so the net carbs are like 10. I'm still in ketosis, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Hoping to pick up some ice and do some ice-pack experiments tonight. I think rather than try and spot-reduce like some people are, I'm going to try to focus on icing around where my BAT should / would be (and hoping that it's there). I'm hoping this will kick it into gear faster, but that might just be wishful thinking. Never know til you try!
                        --
                        5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Did an ice pack for 35 min on my stomach tonight. It wasn't too bad. My skin didn't turn cherry red, but it was certainly bright pink. I stopped at 35 minutes more because the ice was starting to melt and leak out of the bag than because I couldn't stand it anymore. Sitting here in a tank top after the fact with no issues...so far, at least.

Had a food set-back, unfortunately. I was asked to make birthday cupcakes for my dad (as I do every year), so I got everything together and mixed up a gluten-free, dairy-free carrot cake batter, using agave syrup instead of white sugar, and using coconut oil instead of vegetable oil (shows how much I love my dad, that I was willing to part with a WHOLE CUP of coconut oil to make his cupcakes!). It came out REALLY good, which is great...except that I couldn't leave it the hell alone. I licked the beaters clean, I licked the spoon, and of course I ate a cupcake when they were done, to "test" them.

head-desk

The up-side is that all the cupcakes will be going to my mom's house with me tomorrow night for the birthday party, so they'll be out of my reach after tonight.
                          --
                          5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Hi Ealachan!

I found your journal looking for some others doing the LR protocol...you had me laughing out loud several times so I thought I'd pop in and say hi! Yous a funny gal!! :-)

Sounds like you're doing well with the LR...day 3 for me and, never being a breakfast eater, it's tough to choak the BAB down but I'm doing it. It's so weird to eat with no gusto...

Looking forward to reading about your journey and I wish you the best!

Deeze :-)

Comment

Ealachan, where are you? Realized it has been a week since you posted. Hope you are well and just busy with fun things.

Comment

Hi guys - thanks for the posts! Sorry, I've not been keeping up with this journal because I moved over to the Dr. Krause forums when they opened and have been journaling over there. I'm considering coming back over here, though. They're pretty super-serious over there and I don't think they appreciate my particular brand of humor. I DID try to warn people that I'm foul-mouthed and irreverant...it's not my fault they didn't listen!
                                --
                                5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O

Comment

Working...
                                X