No announcement yet.

The Primal Adventures of Warlord Blade!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to BJJ TWICE this week which is AWESOME! Even better is that one of the guys has been videoing the sessions so that we can review it, and it really has helped me GET the moves a little bit better. I also think I get the moves a little faster if I'm the person being demonstrated on... my elbows and knees get tweaked a little more than normal, but I learn faster!
    If you really want to see the LONG videos of me looking like an idiot you can check them out on this YouTube Channel.

Tuesday night I didn't get a run in OR a HIIT night with Kakes because we were helping move a couch. I really wanted to get a trail run in. At least I was useful!
    Yesterday (Wednesday) I had a great and hard yoga class, but still wanted a run, so I went up to the hard trail above our house and had a nice easy (HA!) half hour run. 2 miles total, which at 15 mins per mile may seem slow - when you throw in the Elevation gain and trail technicalities - that's not bad!

Today at work we had the third event of our corporate olympics - PLANK
    This was my first event I actually participated in - my team is in last place - we haven't had a top 3 finisher yet. I felt like I could do pretty well in this event, but right before I felt tired, and pretty sore in my legs from my trail run... DOH

I ended up with 5th place in the Men's division, 8:45-8:50 or so... DANG. That's definitely the longest I've ever held a plank for, so I'm pretty happy with the TIME - but my team still didn't place (the 4th place finisher was on my team too). I think I could have gone longer, but my HIPS and lower back, and my quads were just quitting. Weird that my shoulders and core didn't have issues. Blah. Oh well. After the plank contest, I had my 2nd BJJ class for the week... I think I'll have some bruises! I am looking forward to the video from that one.
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• ARR! Happy International Talk Like a Pirate Day me hearties!

Hope ye have a fantastical Piratical day and that none of ye gets the SCURVY!
      ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
      Fitness Blog - Instagram
      Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• Wow I've been horrible at updating my online anythings lately. I did put pictures of the Dirty Dash up on Facebook, but that's about it! Horrible.

In my defense it HAS been a very busy week both at work and away from work, but anyway...

Dirty Dash was a blast! The mud was fantastic this time - great consistency and everything.

I didn't wear socks and rubbed a lot of skin off my pinky-toe-knuckles though... YOWCH!
        ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
        Fitness Blog - Instagram
        Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• I skimmed through on FB, looks like fun. I like your bleached t-shirt stencils
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Yeah after making those for our last mud run, we figured we'd use them again since our team name is "Mud Pirates"

We meant to do a bunch more after making those... but it hasn't happened yet
            ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
            Fitness Blog - Instagram
            Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• HOLY MOLY! Zion National Park in Southern Utah is awesome.

We hiked the Narrows from the Bottom up with Kakes' family this weekend and it was fantastic! Not hard at all, but I'm sure if we did it again we could make it more challenging!

Maybe next time we can rappel in or something!
              ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
              Fitness Blog - Instagram
              Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• Dang I want to go back to Zion's. Such an awesome place.

Monday and Tuesday I ran in the evening. Some great trail runs. Tuesday's was much more laid back than Mondays - my body needed that!

I think I need to do a week of lower-carb resetting or something. Unfortunately this week has not been that week. I need to figure out a good plan for it and do it just to clean things out as it were. (not really a cleanse though)
                ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
                Fitness Blog - Instagram
                Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• Picture from Tuesday's run with the fabulous, sexy and beautiful Kakes:

Wednesday night I got a haircut. We almost left it like this:

Awesome Morning Yoga and CRAZY crossfit workout yesterday, then another crazy workout this morning with some of my Tough Mudder team. One more week!
                  Sled Pull

Tire Slams!
                  ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
                  Fitness Blog - Instagram
                  Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• Wow it's been over a weeeeeek since I updated. I did Tough Mudder yesterday - it was crazy.

I don't like being shocked. And unless Grok was hit by lightning often... I don't think it's very primal.

I just posted like the LONGEST blog post ever about the Tough Mudder on my fitblog... you can check that out there if you'd like. Pictures and videos like crazy. I'm hoping I get more pictures and videos from others later too!

Good, Dirty, sometimes Painful Fun!

My eye is much better now. At least as far as I know!
                    ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
                    Fitness Blog - Instagram
                    Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• Wow, I definitely would not be ready for something as intense as that! I don't think I'll be able to afford any of next Spring's races in this area (registration appears to be open for some of them now), but hopefully next Fall there will be some shorter tracks. I need more upper body strength if I'm going to be able to climb over something taller than me!
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Everything is SO expensive! I need to start organizing my own so people comp me to theirs so I'll let them into mine!!
                        ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
                        Fitness Blog - Instagram
                        Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• BJJ today was great - I am finally allowing myself to just grapple when 'rolling' and not worry. Just do it. So far I haven't remembered the moves enough to actually execute many, but I've been keeping myself fairly safe, which is good for a beginner!

Last Friday we (Kakes and I) crewed and paced my brother on a 50 mile ultramarathon in the Utah desert. It was awesome! I ran almost 20 miles - probably exceeded 20 with all the playing around. If you want to read a full account of it you can find that here.

It's pretty long.

If you don't want to that's fine too - here are a few pictures from the event!

Just me runnin - getting sunburned - the usual

The Crew and Runner together at almost the finish:

Me before I put my shirt back on at the finish line

Kakes and I at the end:

I don't think I'd be crazy enough to run a 50 miler. But I do know I could run a Marathon if I wanted. As of right now - I'm good.
                          ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
                          Fitness Blog - Instagram
                          Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• I can't believe it is November... This year is flying!!

Hope everybody had a happy Halloween yesterday! I love Halloween!

I seem to have two stumbling blocks right now.
                            1 is lack of motivation for fitness-related goals... I mean I am motivated to keep doing stuff - I'm still very regular with BJJ and Yoga classes at work (and really like them!) but for some reason I feel like I am just missing some sort of motivator. Like I need something to be preparing for other than the normal "Preparing to be awesome for LIFE!!" and my overall goal of always being ready and able (physically) to do whatever I feel like.
                            2 is the season. I've always been a sugar-fiend and Halloween has LOADS of candy. I think that since we are REALLY good sticking primal I've been fine that it isn't really affecting my 'progress' (weight not changing and muscular definition still improving some) - but I've been more lethargic because I haven't avoided the sugar... and who knows - it could be affecting #1 as well...

I think part of it too is that I haven't been up into the mountains in too long!!
                            ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
                            Fitness Blog - Instagram
                            Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• So head to the mountains! Take a mental health day and just go.

For me it is the woods. My husband calls it the Forest Fix. When I'm out of sorts I go onto the logging roads for a couple hours and I come back in a much better frame of mind.
                              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• That is a good idea - take a sick-from-work day and do it!
                                The biggest problem is that if I'm home I want to be with my family - and they want to be with me after I'm gone with work and such. So it's hard to leave them and do it on my own. If I can get Kakes to come with me (and she's more than willing!) that means we have to find a babysitter. If everybody goes it really loses its rejuvenating abilities! 4 Kids are rough to take places

STILL it is a good idea... a full day off from work and a couple of hours alone in the mountains - not bad.
                                ~It's All Relative!~

Primal Journal
                                Fitness Blog - Instagram
                                Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

Working...
                                X