Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heart you the most.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Hehe you guys are cute. That is a nice leg! I'm jealous of your swimming prowess. I am really good at breast stroke, but I keep my head above water the whole time. Free-style is very difficult for me, I get winded fast! I also can't do the proper breathing/head movements with that. Other strikes are beyond me.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• Heehee... prowess... :P. I copy the Olympic swimmers and hope I don't look like a moron. I think breaststroke is mach easier/more natural movement than freestyle- so is backstroke! I do move across the pool pretty well- no clue if I'm doing it properly... ever. But as long as my muscles are well worked, I'm having fun, and I'm not drowning I don't really care!
        My Primal Journal

Comment

• 150 on the new scale, 147ish on the old one. I'll take it.

Mowed lawns (ours and the neighbors) with the frickin' heavy push mower for hours, and trimmed bushes as well. Then WLB and I finally replaced the busted roof fascia on the highest point of the house that we lost in the massive windstorm last December. Arms and upper back are sore. It was HOT! We got some minor burns and scratches on our forearms from the roof. Feels good to have that done. Followed it up with one well-deserved shower.
          My Primal Journal

Comment

• yO, Yo, yO, check it, it's like this: I've got an interview next Wednesday, so send some of that good vibe juju mojo eastward my good woman!
            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• YES. Consider it done and done well.
              My Primal Journal

Comment

• Just stopped in and glad I did. That link to the wod generator might be the coolest sight Iv ever been to. Im not sure if that makes it seem like my life has been fairly sheltered, or if im right on the money. Either way I dont care. You could just work your way down the list, a different section each day.

Thanks, my new favourite log.

Richard
                It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• Hey Richard! *waves*
                  I was pretty flipping impressed with the WOD generator myself. So cool!
                  My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
                    Hey Richard! *waves*
                    I was pretty flipping impressed with the WOD generator myself. So cool!
                    Waves back

Haha me to, i spent 10 mins after I found it just clicking up and down the list on different sections lving everything that came up. i might conduct an experiment and just go up and down the list or a month.

Richard
                    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• Tuesday we had a fam running night. We got started late, Alicia wasn't feeling great, Misha was feeling slow, it was HOT (98-102ish), and I had taken a chunk out of and possibly jammed or broken my two little toes on my right foot the day before, so the girls hit the wilderness course for a single loop (not quite 2 miles- I saw a bunny and a snake) and called it good so the boys could take off. My toes did okay, but they were throbbing pretty well by the time we hit the parking lot.
                      Wednesday was our 11th Anniversary! Yay for us! We played, ate sushi, saw a movie, and did... other things...that people do on anniversaries.

Today we had another HIIT night in our back yard. Matt and Alicia, despite my many reminders, somehow forgot they had a million things to do and couldn't make it. Misha was taking her middle little on a mama date to see a play, so Ben brought the other two and it was just him, WLB and me. WLB put together a good hard warm up and circuit. The circuits we did 1 minute at full intensity at each station.
                      Warm up:
                      10 pushups
                      20 air squats
                      20 step throughs
                      50 jumping jacks
                      1 mile run (8ish minute mile!)
                      Circuit:
                      Australian Pullups (20)
                      Jump Rope (120)
                      Pullups (7, then 3)
                      Box Jumps (9)
                      Head Cutters (35 lb kb) (10)
                      Tire flips (25)
                      Walking Lunges (20 lb kb pass through) (28)
                      Burpees (15)
                      Medicine ball throws (17 lbs)(20)

It was a great workout. I feel it already! Dang proud that I ran an 8 minute barefoot mile on a couple of semi-busted toes. For someone who usually runs a 10 minute mile on a really good day, and a 11:30 mile on a normal day, that is an accomplishment. It felt great too!

Tomorrow we swim and Saturday is Cahoots! So stoked! But we still have to make a team flag... go go gadget sewing machine!
                      My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
                        Wednesday was our 11th Anniversary! Yay for us! We played, ate sushi, saw a movie, and did... other things...that people do on anniversaries.
                        Oh dear, that embarrassed me a little bit. *fans red face*
                        If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                          Oh dear, that embarrassed me a little bit. *fans red face*
                          We looked at wedding pictures and made shmoopy eyes at each other... dude, where's your brain at?
                          My Primal Journal

Comment

• We have been making the 40 minute drive to my parents house once a week (for the past 3) to take the kids swimming and picnic together. It is fun and exhausting. My parents are pretty up on the whole "wheat is bad" thing and the "sugar is bad" thing and they know grains aren't ideal as a whole, but they persist in gluten-free frankenproducts and bean dishes. Our picnics usually consist of fairly whole foods accompanied by "Grammy's gluten-free bread". Turkey and cheese sandwiches or almond butter and honey sandwiches with fruit, cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, and a bunch of different veggies on the side. Often there are gluten-free rice chips on the side. Today was corn tortilla chips and chili bean dip with cheese, veggies and fruit. I pretty much never say anything about it, because I am grateful they are feeding us and just so grateful to have time with them. It could be worse food-wise. I just left their house feeling stuffed and bloated and having a slight reaction in my throat- itchy, burning, a bit of gland swelling. My body definitely reacted to the food. Essential oils helped quell things a bit, but I am glad those things are not a part of our regular diet. We were SO tired and groggy by the time we got home. Happily we got a bit of a nap this afternoon.
                            We're looking forward to Cahoots tomorrow! I'm sure there will be grand messy pictures to come!
                            My Primal Journal

Comment

• Cahoots was fun! Not as fun as Dirty Dash. I know exactly the reasons why too! Everyone got there late due to road closures and traffic issues in the canyons. It was a new race and organization was not awesome. They didn't register people before and have them pick up packets like most races do, so we stood in line for a good hour or more before the race to sign a waiver and get our numbers. We started half and hour late and all the starting "waves" were screwed up resulting in huge lines at major obstacles. The few water stations they had were only in the first half of the race, badly stocked and out of water quickly. Now that I have that off my chest.... we went into it knowing it was a new race and that there would be hitches, but also determined to have fun and make it exciting. We also went dressed like this:

We were required to make our own team flag and carry it with us through the race to be hung at the end. AND since one of us couldn't wear a cape without the other getting super-hero costume envy, and we figured we'd want one to keep anyway, we made two!
                              I wish we'd had our mud-race photog there like we did with the last Dirty Dash, but we made do with our little water proof camera and the friends we made along the way. At the first big mud pit, I was reminded how much I love mud...

...and climbing things...

...and running around in a costume acting like a giant kid....

...oh, and this guy....

(to be continued...)
                              My Primal Journal

Comment

• ... more pictures!

Eleven years and 4 kids together and I have to say we make an amazing team! We tackled every obstacle without a hitch and loved every second (except maybe getting mud in our sinuses from having to fully submerge a few times- blech!).

My Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X