No announcement yet.

Stronger, Better, Faster, Happier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not even an 'okay to cheat a bit' kind!! Ooh so devilish. I try to only buy the stuff with whole, quality ingredients (Breyers all natural Chocolate or Neapolitan...mmmmm). Anything else is a waste of money for us- we end up all bloated and sick and miserable on the chemically stuff. We are more in maintenance mode than a lot around here though. Not a that much weight to lose and pretty dang active (enough that I feel it if I'm too low carb). I feel like I should be more guilty about my ice cream habit than I really am.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• I don't feel guilty at all.
      ~It's All Relative!~
      34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
      Fitness Blog - Instagram
      Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• With such a strong fruit base, that is a REALLY great clean ice cream recipe! I think I will invest in a maker someday, but not until I'm not suffering to save up every month. And can fix my bike.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Mmm it's yummy too. I have found quite a few recipes out there that you can freeze and just stir often as they freeze. You don't need a machine for it! I tend to make stuff up and substitute at will and then just cross my fingers that things will work out. They usually do!
          My Primal Journal

Comment

• I think I could have cut the honey to 3/4 cup. It's pretty darn sweet. I'm also wondering if with something tropical like mango, I could maybe nix the honey in favor of banana and go totally sweetener free.
            My Primal Journal

Comment

• You won't know until you try!
              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I have failed miserably at getting to sleep at a reasonable hour lately. It has been mostly for the noble cause of filling my social/ personal relationship cup to overflowing. Catching up with old friends, having ranging and very bonding conversations with family members. Worth it? A resounding yes. Physically taxing? Yes to that too. I've been dragging my groggy noggin out of bed the past few mornings and cursing the dog for needing to pee at 5 am and kids for waking up by 7 and making outrageous early morning requests..... like food. Tonight I resume my quest for reasonable bedtime habits.
                I didn't get to run twice last week, despite multiple attempts to plan short night runs with Alicia. I got plenty of other more "primal" activities in, but I just need 2 runs a week now! And this week we have 2 planned running nights, but one of them will be sans yours truly, in favor of my visiting cousin's baby shower. I may have to find another time to slip in a 2 miler or something.
                I think I need to cut back on our pork products again. *sigh* They are just very budget friendly compared to others and I get really sick of chicken. Gosh I wish good fish and quality beef were cheaper.
                Speaking of food expenses, I wish our boys huge appetites reflected in their physical growth. They eat a TON. We've decided to start giving them regular quantities of milk- it makes calves grow, right? They love it. I just wish we had more ready access to raw milk and that it was cheaper!
                My Primal Journal

Comment

• I think I had just the right amount of chocolate too spambot. Glad we concur.
                  My Primal Journal

Comment

• I've been having massive ice cream cravings. I mean, it is the summer! Ice cream is cold and delicious! My friend Joe came by and harvested plums off of the tree in my backyard and promised to make me some sugar-free plum ice cream. I'm so excited.
                    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
                    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
                    Eat primally.
                    Take a progress picture once a week.
                    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
                    Current weight: ???
                    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
                    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

Comment

• Yo check it, it's like this: I think your boys will grow when it's time for them to grow. Are they not healthier than 90% of other kids? Do they get 2500+ calories a day? WLB is 5'11" 160 lbs. so it's not like it's in their genes to be big boys.
                      Take a chill pill, yo.
                      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• You're right dude.
                        I don't usually stress about it that much. Funny that you mention genetics though. One of WLBs brothers is 6'5" and about 170- skiiiiiinnny. (I have the feeling boy one shares some genetic factors with this guy.) I have 6 brothers that are all over 6' 1" and 180-200- mostly muscle. No real point to me mentioning this, just interesting discussion to me.
                        Sometimes I do let this parenting thing get to me. Every perceived shortcoming is somehow my fault and I must fix it. Especially with swimming season in full swing and my kids looking like flailing skeletons in the water. Concerned parents might think them malnourished- *gasp*. I need to not think that way. As if somehow greater parenting could pack healthy pounds and inches onto them. Time to get my control issues in check again. I should just keep them active and fed, and let them grow.
                        Thanks for the virtual head smack. I needed that.
                        My Primal Journal

Comment

• Gah! Sister-in-law is having emergency gallbladder removal surgery today. This is the sister who went Primal when we did, dropped 20 lbs, and then fell off the wagon a couple of months later. I wish I'd known to advise her to take it slow on the fat increases and do some gallbladder flushy goodness. (I learned this this morning.) I wonder if her fickle wagon jumping back and forth shook things up in the wrong way. *shrug* Who knows. Poor darling is in pain and it makes me sad. I want to make it all better! But I know I can't, so I will send her shmoopy love notes via text and email and say prayers for her. Doing all this research on gall bladder function and gall stones (since I can't not learn about something that plagues a loved one) has me wondering if the episode of excruciating pain that I had back in mid March may have been a gall bladder issue. Interesting.

I am about 15.5 hours into a much needed fast as I type this. I did nothing yesterday that was physically challenging (unless you count laundry baskets and children as LHT). I snacked like crazy and felt sluggish and blah. Last night I decided if I was still feeling that way in the morning, I'd just fast. So I did. A neighbor left her bag of baby shower things at my house on Saturday, so I ran the quarter mile down the hill to her house and the quarter mile back up the hill. Then I did a few pull ups. It felt really good to get things moving and be out in the sun, even just for 5 minutes. I have bacon and a smoothie (banana, avocado, cream, blueberries, coconut oil, strawberries, lots o' spinach, and wild orange oil) awaiting the close of my fast in the fridge. Maybe I'll do bike tabatas or PEMs or lift some today, since I'm missing running night tonight.
                          My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
                            Thanks for the virtual head smack. I needed that.
                            *Holsters head smacker* No problem, ma'am. That's what I'm here for.
                            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• You are totally amazing Kakes, but definitely need reminders that you can't and don't need to control or fix everything all the time

Usually works better coming from someone other than the spouse though! So thanks Jyac!
                              ~It's All Relative!~
                              34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
                              Fitness Blog - Instagram
                              Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• I was reading the part of your journal about your kids ht/wt. I have a 8 year old who ranges from being underweight to "normal," and honestly, I don't think it is healthy to check it very often it at all. Leave that to the doctors, and worry when they worry. I think you are putting stress on yourself over something that is really more organic and changeable. If they are eating well and have plenty of energy it is just nothing to focus on unless you are instructed to by a physician. My best friend's 8 year old son is usually in the bottom 5% of the height/weight chart, and is totally healthy and active - he is just a skinny little dude. (And his lips turn blue if he goes near water when it is less than 90 degrees outside!)

Comment

Working...
                                X