Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSCN9786.jpg

So I think of the new house instead A view of the living room.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• DSCN9758.jpg

And where we'll do some of school if not in the living room! Does my soul good to think about!

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• It looks great! I'll bet you can't wait to get your things in and set up.
        My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Yup, the closing date changed which makes it a bit of a crunch. We also have been blessed with favour from the mortgage broker who has organized things so that we can close and then quickly put in a new hot water heater before another appraisal the day after the date of closing!! Crazy times. But, it seems to be working despite some hair raising moments here and there And the landlord's bobcat is broken (he has no concept of maintenance or caring for tools/ machinery) so he CAN'T dig up our front yard yet!

Comment

• That is just so staggeringly thoughtless and mean. For one thing, it is YOUR yard. You are renting. I had that issue with my old landlord, before I moved here. He decided he was going to park his new car right under my bedroom window, in my yard, because his dog jumped on it and scratched it. Ummm...I thought I was renting the whole property, not just the footprint of the house. Do you know how annoying it is when a car pulls up under your bedroom window at 2 AM, and people get out, talking and laughing? (You probably do from the sounds of it.)

I love the way the place looks, you are going to make it so homey and pleasant!

Comment

• TW - you are right on the money! Yes, I can totally relate to your story - just slightly different details

Comment

• Something has changed in the last couple of days. Not 100% sure what or why, but suddenly the pain in my feet has dropped to the lowest it has been for months! And I am feeling more energetic - not normal yet, but so much closer that I am in shock!! I am wondering if it is the cumulative effect of a number of things that I have been really working on. Whatever the reason I am profoundly grateful!! I can get out of bed and only hobble a few steps (instead of all day) and am not wishing I could cry like a baby. It was SO bad for ages. I had a hard time forcing myself to get up and move around because both of my feet were excruciatingly sore ALL the time, weight off or on though having my weight on them was definitely worse.

I have been taking plantain flour with SBO probiotics religiously every evening for weeks. I have been trying very hard to get to bed by 10:30 every night. I am putting magnesium oil on my lower legs after every shower and let it sit for about 10 minutes. I am taking thyroid support supplementation. Getting outside every day despite packing (due to trying to grow grass) I am putting one drop of iodine in my water bottle every day. I have increased the veggies we have been eating. I have been forced to move more due to the packing. I'll add anything else I think of that may have contributed to the improvement. It feels like a miracle! Honestly, I wish I could explain how awful I was feeling; between the pain, the weight and the extreme fatigue it was like living in a nightmare. And it is so hard to figure out what to do when you are feeling so bad - the think tank was definitely not working very well.

Comment

• So glad for you. Relief from pain is one of the most exquisite sensations.

Comment

• Jumping in to say the house looks wonderful! How very exciting to be starting in a fresh new place! I hope everything goes off without a hitch and you'll be moving in with no troubles!
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion
                    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• So right Sabine!! All of a sudden there is hope and I feel as though I could totally get somewhere as far as my health and weight goes. Thanks Tomi! We are so excited that it is happening at last... what an adventure it has been.

I am packing away and it is at the stage where it feels as though I have done hardly anything and I look at how much is left to do and feel overwhelmed! Still have the whole kitchen to do and too much in the rest of the house. Then there is still outside!! All my gardening stuff and the shed!!! Yikes!

Comment

• We manage to gather SO MUCH STUFF! Every time I move I PURGE. It always feels good to get rid of the stuff I don't really need or want and start at the new house with a lighter load. I've been in this house now for 13 years (as of the 13th of this month) - this is the longest I've ever lived anywhere. Prior to this, the longest was 11 years - and that was in my moms house. I've packed up many times!!! Just keep plugging away at it - it will get done!
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• We've been purging for a while, but we still have so much!

I have not eaten Nut thins for a while (after eating them regularly) and yesterday and today I had some. Very convenient with all the chaos of moving. Well, my feet started hurting again this evening. Wondering if this might be part of the issue Sad, but if they really are the problem I will not think twice about dumping them. I am going to quit again completely and see where that gets me. Not sure if it is the rice or the safflower oil or both. Both have the potential for side effects. I have noticed that when we eat Nut Thins regularly DS gets the most incredible gas. This was part of why I quit getting them. No more gas from DS. Seems to coincide with the improvement of foot pain. N=1 experiment is now in progress. DH finds his nose gets plugged when he eats rice so it seems we may need to eliminate it again. Or have it very seldom. I'll hold off on deciding this though until we are done moving and we can do a proper test on the effects for all of us.

Packing on and off all day. Cooking last pot of stew today, half for dinner and the other half will be frozen for dinner on moving day, Thursday.

I found a new grain free food for our dog since the other brand was no longer being stocked at the store. She seems to like it just fine and has had no digestive issues as a result of switching over. Poor girl is aging quickly just the last while. She has always had a tremor and it is much worse now. Her sight and hearing is also suddenly deteriorating and her balance and coordination have changed. She sometimes trips on the steps and doesn't always make it up. She also sleeps a LOT nowadays. Otherwise she seems just 'fine' if that makes any sense at all! I think we are going to have to build her a ramp from the dog door at the new house so that she doesn't hurt herself. Being a corgi with short legs has its downside now that she is getting older. The steps at the rental are really high - never built some is what it looks like. Too much for an aging corgi. Anyway, the signs are there that our dear old girl is getting closer to the end of her life. The kids have noticed too and DS was in tears the other day because his pet chicken is also getting pretty old (6 1/2 years!) and is getting a bit thin and he saw Molly wipe out on her way up the step. Reality is never easy

Comment

• Wow, moving day is almost upon the Coll family! Sooooooo exciting! I am guessing you will be offline for a bit? Just don't want to worry.

It is so hard on the younguns when the inevitable happens with the pets. It's hard to be objective and think about the valuable lessons, yada yada, when you just with they could live longer lives. But 6 1/2 for a chicken! That's incredible. You must take great care of her, and protect her also. Everyone I know who keeps chickens gets wiped out regularly despite their precautions.

Comment

• Yes, we'll move on Thursday so no internet for a couple of days I am guessing. I'll probably be too darn tired anyway!

Yes, TW, we have little mini chicken Fort Knox's since we experienced the predation first hand many years ago and decided we would do our utmost to keep our birds safe. The sad thing is people just seem to accept that their birds get periodically wiped out when it is totally unnecessary! If you just understand what likes chicken and how to protect them from those predators you can totally eliminate everything, but the most unusual incidents. We let our chickens out to free range, but only when someone is there to chase off hawks or get all the chickens put away before anything can get to them. There are not a lot of places where there are not predators for chickens! Just here, which is really close to a big town and lots of neighbors all around, we have great horned owls, hawks and eagles of many types, foxes, raccoons, skunks, coyotes, cats, dogs, bears and even the occasional mountain lion. There are probably more that I can't think of right off the bat here!! And our neighbors leave their chickens out all day unsupervised ... all the predators are getting to know where to drop in for take out! And they just say they must get used to it and you should not cry over losing farm animals!? I ask you, what farmer worth his beans, would be happy to continuously lose his stock? Every time you get the birds to start laying they get chomped by something and you have to start over. The lack of common sense nowadays is appalling! Anyway, as you can tell this is a pet topic for me. To me there is nothing worse than finding your birds torn up and having to deal with the remains and the injured birds. Such a waste of good birds and all the time and effort put into raising them to where they actually start providing eggs. I want to eat the birds myself (confessions of a carnivore!) and not provide high quality meat for every predator in the area. Having said all that little Amber has been an awesome chicken - a fantastic pet and DS has had her since he was about 2 years old. Not too many 2 year old that are gentle enough to have a pet bantam chicken, but he is one of the few. I'll have to pull up a pic of Amber so you can see how sweet and pretty she is!
                              This is DS with her quite a few years ago.
                              965021_10151948148857564_2077596542_o.jpg

And this is a few weeks ago...
                              IMGP9908.jpg
                              IMGP9918.jpg

Comment

• OMG who is cuter, the chicken or DS?!?! Amazing stuff!

Yeah, I'm not farmer but I've never understood that attitude, or abusing the animals. I mean, they're valuable! Seems to me you would take really good care of them and treat them like gold especially if you're going to eat them. I can understand not being too sentimental about animals you intend to eat, but I don't get why anyone would abuse them.

Good luck on the move!

Comment

Working...
                                X