X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Great news! I hope all goes smoothly!
      My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• DSCN9815.jpg

A pic of the possible house!

DSCN9795.jpg

And one of the view
        Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
        Primal low: 186 lbs
        Current weight: 221.4 lbs
        Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Beautiful! What a great looking place! It seems bigger than other ones you have seen, is that right? Hey, you can home-school the kids in how to do DIY stuff.

Comment

• Congrats! It looks beautiful and what a relief to finally have something work out!

Comment

• So true Heregoesnothing ... at last. The kids love helping out with that kind of stuff. The previous place we owned we were always busy with some outdoor project and they loved to be daddy's helpers. They can learn so much through helping - measuring and how things work and why they need to go together in a certain way. Very educational and loads of fun for all of us! We just finished signing a bunch of paperwork so things are moving along. DH and I keep saying that it doesn't seem real or possible after all the wild stuff we have had to deal with along the way. That we would get such a nice house - too cool. Now to just get the inspection and well tests done and then hopefully we'll be home free! We are all holding our breath a little as we are a little gun shy after 4 contracts that have fallen through nevermind the places that other people got to before we did ...

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Just crazy busy with all the fiddly stuff. Signing paperwork, scheduling power and well tests and so on and so forth! Everything seems to be coming together though which is so cool. Inspection scheduled for Friday along with all the other tests. Looks like we might be closing sooner than I thought - 6th October! Whew! Busy times ahead. I have been packing and we have informed our landlord. Thank GOD he is going to wait on tearing up our yard until we are out! Excited and hopeful - the kids are so thrilled. What a zoo though! We had booked a trip to near Teton National Park to celebrate DH's 1000th inspection. Well that is going to be less than 2 weeks before closing! And our new chicks are arriving the week of our closing - hectic times. But, I don't care really - rather that than stay here for any longer. And you know what is also really cool? We found out that the monthly payments for the house are going to be right around what we pay now for this awful old trailer! And we are going to have way more space both inside and out! What a blessing! There was an article in the local paper about the rental market here - extreme is what they called it and we can attest to that! I guess part of the issue is all the people who lost homes or access to them through the FLOOD last year are now having to live in town. There are so few places available to rent (or buy) that the prices are soaring. This house we found seems to be verging on miraculous! So grateful. Please keep praying for us for things to go smoothly and to work out.

Comment

• Maybe it is actually better than it is an HOA, maybe you won't have the water issues that have plagued the other homes. I am so happy for you and praying that all goes well!

Comment

• Thanks Walrus. Actually this HOA just keeps the roads plowed and a few basic things aside from telling you what you can and can't do. The well is still our thing to take care of. But, this house was lived in not too long ago apparently, and was built in the 1980's which is the newest one we've looked at so far. Trusting that we will not see any issues like the previous places! I know there is not a spring in the basement this time! Lol!

Comment

• Packing, packing. What more can I say? School is not happening I am afraid. We'll have to go for it once we settle in. With less than a month to go before we move I am not going to stress over school. Too much to do.

Comment

• Stopped in for a quick hello. Things are moving ahead with the house. Looks as though we'll close around the 15th. In the throes of packing and organizing. Loads to do and not much energy unfortunately. I have to be careful not to overdo things or I feel really bad. I just pack a box or two and then rest. I have started taking a thyroid support supplement and it seems to help. I am making a point of getting to bed at a good time and it also seems to be helping.

I have been wanting to figure out a way to use the canned salmon I got some time back. So a couple of days ago I decided to play around with making fish cakes. I loved fish cakes as a kid (even though they were loaded in bread) and so I mixed and mashed and came up with a very popular recipe. I have made it twice already and everyone is enjoying them. Nice to add an easy and healthy option to our menu.

We had a lovely time away in Wyoming. Spent a gorgeous day wandering around the Grand Teton National Park where I took a BOATLOAD of photographs. The next day we went up to Yellowstone only to find that the road we needed was closed and we had to take a 79 mile detour! Toooo much driving that day but we did get to see Old Faithful and the Prismatic pools. Otherwise time was spent hanging out at the cabin and river and more rocks were tossed into the river than I can count.

Comment

• Good to hear from you, Coll. Glad all is well. Yellowstone sounds great.

Comment

• Sabine! Lovely to 'see' you.

Took down curtains and curtain rods today, packed all the plastics, more books. Lost my balance while negotiating a bunch of cardboard boxes and a chair, leaned against the bookcase which toppled over! Tossed about 6 African violets helter skelter, all the books and so forth went flying, the whole thing landed partially across DH's electronic drumset ( ) and my painting table. Not a single paint bottle even fell over, my water for cleaning my brushes didn't even spill! Freaked me out but no-one got hurt, and only my African violets look the worse for the wear. Nothing else was even broken!! I have taken some leaves to start new plants from the one that looks like an elephant sat on it, oh well.

For some reason, taking our curtains down, has made a huge difference to me. I put the crummy ones that belong to the house back up and now it doesn't even look like our place anymore. Very motivating in some way. Have been taking down pictures and hangings and it feels so good. Landlords came through this morning to take pictures of the house - the wife is a royal pain in the rear! I can see where the obnoxious kid gets it from - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree there! Just praying that no-one wants to look at the house until we're gone. I really don't want to have to deal with the landlords lack of respect. I know how they do stuff, call me as they're walking up the driveway to come and look at the house! I reckon I'm ready for them though ... I'm so sorry, please come back in an hour! Couldn't possibly let you in right now! DD is showering ... or whatever. 14 days until I never have to deal with them again

Comment

• How exciting! I am so happy this is happening for you and your family. You will be well shot of them. And being in your own place! Wow!

Comment

• TW you are so right! So done with chasing their chickens out of our backyard so that our dog doesn't kill them in front of our kids. I try to keep my head, but I confess I get mad almost every time! Yesterday the kids were standing at our fence keeping the chickens out and a hawk almost took one of the chickens out right in front of them. Today they're out and running around and in our backyard again. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                                X