No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds fantastic, I just saw Eileen Ivers and her band last night - what a show they put on! They love playing our town because we make one crazy audience. Have a blast!
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• We had a great time at the Irish festival and got to sit real close to the stage - $12 each for DH and I and the kids were free. We also got to meet the High Kings afterwards and shake their hands. DH's cousins, The Screaming Orphans, had opened for them previously so it was fun to talk a wee bit.

In the throes of organizing our lives. Landlords have our notice in writing that we are leaving on or before the 11th August. Can't wait to shake the proverbial dust from our shoes here. Trying to get a larger storage unit, decided to wait and do one yard sale instead of two. We will have to scramble to get all the stuff from the cabin once we close and get it back down the canyon to our rental to sell the next morning. No storage units available at all, but the lady has us at the top of her waiting list since we are already renting one from her. Just bought some tubs from Walmart to store clothes and blankets in - a bit more rodent and bug proof!
      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
      Primal low: 186 lbs
      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• The weather has been awesome this week with lots of rain and cooler temps. VERY unusual for Colorado - makes me wonder if we'll have an early fall. I guess we will, regardless, since we'll be living at a much higher altitude come August! Haha. Another plus. DH has been busy organizing the utilities this morning. The sellers are doing the same as they have cancelled their power come 31st August and we were able to get it to just transfer to our name so no turn off and on which is nice. Filling out all the forms for propane - I honestly think its easier buying a house than getting the propane filled up!? Sheesh.

We all went for a lovely bike ride this morning. Just couldn't resist the gorgeous cool, damp air. It was the longest ride we've been on as a family and everyone is somewhat pooped now. I worked up a serious sweat which was nice, but my back is a bit irritated now that I am home. Not sure what that is from ... It is quite something seeing how high the river is running still. Some really big cottonwoods down and a section of the bike path has been washed away. Just a small section - but it is way higher than the river normally!

We have been having a major run around with money we sent to my folks via wire transfer. Sigh, it is over 2 weeks that we have been going back and forth and trying to get it sorted out! In the meantime the folks don't have money for their rent and electricity etc! I assume my brothers have somehow made it work - I didn't ask as there is nothing I can do more than I have been. I just heard from my brother that everything has been sorted out and the money should be in the bank tomorrow. Big lesson for me - check the numbers that the bank employee fills in and make sure it is correct before it is sent!! I trusted that they got it right - and they didn't. From now on I check it every time!!!! What a headache it has been.

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• The 11th! That is so soon! Woot!

Comment

• That it is Walrus! Kind of crazy trying to get ready. I really think I have some issues with adrenal fatigue (no real surprise there) but this afternoon I crashed. I did not sleep well at all last night and then we had our long bike ride which I thoroughly enjoyed at the time. However, I felt absolutely awful this afternoon and evening and ended up lying on my bed most of the time. Really nauseated and a pretty hefty pain in my gut. I wondered if I maybe needed something to eat. Nope. I drank a whole bunch and that helped the thirst but didn't fix anything. Only lying on my bed for hours and sipping kefir (DS thought it would help ) did anything. DH has been super busy today and I felt bad that I didn't have dinner ready for the family but couldn't do much without feeling as though I might pass out or throw up. I guess I just need to be a bit more careful and pace myself at the moment. Headed for bed.

Comment

• My heart is sinking - things are not looking too good with the cabin. The water test came back with the water needing UV filtration to get rid of bacteria. Super shallow well (117"!!!) that is badly designed and is going to need some pretty expensive work to get it sorted out. Sigh. I think we are going to have to let this one go too ... with the well being so shallow I would have to be very careful about what we put on the ground, chickens might be pushing things etc... anyway, it is too much to explain it all, to sum it up it is turning into a money pit too. Going to terminate the contract on Monday when our realtor gets back in town. Already looking for other possibilities .... I am relieved and down all at the same time. Not telling the kids until tomorrow morning as I know they are going to be really sad and they could do with a good sleep under their belts first.

Comment

• I am really sorry to hear that...but something good will come your way, I know it!

Comment

• We just have to trust that God will turn all of this around for us and that ultimately it will be for our best. Part of me is relieved to not be facing the challenge of downsizing from a place that was already too small to another that would have been way too small. Desperate times call for desperate measures - but maybe not quite that desperate?!

Comment

• I have felt somewhat grumpy today - out of sorts. I was in packing and downsizing mode and now I have to change the direction quite radically. Not a bad thing but a big change nonetheless. I am pleased to say that the kids did better than I expected with the news. There were a few sad tears shed but no dramatics. We have tried to keep the kids in the loop so that they understand how the process works and they knew we were waiting on the well and water tests. They commented to me today that all three of the contracts we have had have fallen through due to water or well issues. I hadn't thought of that and it is true.

We are off to look at a place tomorrow afternoon. The adventures continue. One good thing about this is that I get to keep watching my friends baby for her and get to visit with a friend at least a couple times a week. This has been such a blessing after so long with no friends - she is a lot younger than me, but we have such similar ideas on nutrition and we are both nurses and yet have a healthy dose of skepticism toward the medical system that thinks it knows everything and can dictate what is best for everyone. Very refreshing to talk and share stories and laugh together. I am blessed and the kids are loving having M over too. They have come to really look forward to Wednesdays and Fridays - is it an M day mom? I have noticed that they are getting much more relaxed around him and are much more confident about what to do with him too. On his part he is loving having two big kids to interact with This way I get some baby time without the lost sleep and exhaustion that seem to go hand in hand with babies. Funny, I have really young kids and yet next year I'll be turning 50. Many of my school mates are already grandparents and here I am raising young kids. It amazes me how much our attitudes can age us. So many of my friends act like old people already and it is funny how people seem to assume that I am young and inexperienced because my kids are young. First child I had when I was 37 and then the second when I was 40. Maybe part of why I am so tired lol!

Comment

• Coll, sorry about the cabin, hopefully something better is around the corner for you. You certainly don't want to acquire more problems than you solve.

Yes I agree having young children can help you stay young in attitude. I think you can learn to ration your energy levels more carefully than younger parents have to do. I did used to slightly envy the teenage mothers who swung on all the playground equipment with their littlies.

My daughter is 13 and I'm nearly 50 so people assume I'm younger until I let on that I have a 23yo as well. It's quite funny.
                      Annie Ups the Ante
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Lol Annie, so true. I too have had moment of envy with women who were able to run around and play soccer while pregnant - there was no way I could have done that and felt bad about it until I realized that I was probably 20 years their senior People can't believe I am nearly 50. I just about have to pull my ID to prove it ... lol.

We are off to see another house this afternoon.

Comment

• Bummer about the house.

Good luck on finding the right one.

Comment

• We REALLY like the place we saw yesterday. Just a few houses up from another one that we had a contract on. Going to see if we can get an offer in today - just praying that no one else snaps it up. This is the nicest place we have seen so far.

I have started drinking about a litre of water in the mornings as soon as I wake up. My edema on my legs is almost gone since I started that! I find I feel thirsty all day long at the moment even when I have that bolus of water in the morning. Maybe I have been needing to flush something/s. This has me feeling very hopeful - so nice to see an improvement in an area that has been somewhat of a mystery.

Comment

• I weighed this morning just for interest and I have lost 6 lbs after only changing the water I drink as I wake up. Everything else is the same. My clothes fit better which is a relief as I was feeling constantly bloated and everything was tight and uncomfortable.

We put in an offer on the house yesterday evening ... now to wait for the response. Just praying that we can get a contract on it before some other offer gets put in. Apparently there was someone else that was interested. I don't know that I can face some kind of bidding war for this place - in fact we can not afford that so that would put us out of the running should it happen. However, I am not going to worry about that. We'll face whatever comes, as it comes and not before.

Comment

• Taking some strain here. Turns out the other interested party has submitted an offer right around the same time as we did. Significantly higher than our offer (ours was a full price offer) and with a substantial downpayment. Supposedly they'll let us know after 'considering' for 24 hours - but barring a miracle we are not getting this place. Feeling pretty down. Will we ever find a place that works for us? Are we supposed to leave or stay. We can't really afford to leave so by default I think we are supposed to stay - at least for the time being. Sometimes everything just seems so darn unfair. And I know that life is not fair and I know that eventually something will work out. But right now I am just tired and somewhat dispirited. I just wish I knew which way to look for our next step. Surely there is SOMETHING out there for us?! Waiting to see if a miracle happens. Otherwise we'll just keep plodding along and waiting and trusting and hoping for something that seems so impossible at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X