No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohhhhhh I love it!!!! How warm & cozy looking!!! I'm so excited for you!! I want to see lots of winter pics!!! lol
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• A fireplace just makes it perfect. Ok. So when do you move in? You are ready, I know.

Just thinking. With a half acre, you could do goat milk. Just making sure you won't have any extra free time. And then there is goat cheese
      Last edited by lopisheep; 07-10-2014, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• I'd hate to see the mole!

Comment

• You got the cabin! Congratulations!! So exciting for you it looks absolutely wonderful. Wishing you all the best with your move x
          Annie Ups the Ante
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Yup, Lopisheep! We are hoping to get a couple of Nigerian dwarf goats in the spring from friends who own this breed. And I am going to contact a guy who hatches the breeds of chickens I want and see if he'll be willing to do me an order about a month after we move (need time to build a predator proof coop first!) I have a feeling we may see mountain lions here too, as well as the usual black bears, coyotes, foxes, 'coons etc. etc. We will probably end up investing in some electric fencing to protect the birds, goats and the beehive. All very high on various animals desirables lists!
            Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
            Primal low: 186 lbs
            Current weight: 221.4 lbs
            Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Annie, we still have a few weeks and some stuff to be sure of before we sign the papers. But for now it seems promising

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• The kids and I spent some hours going through their school desks and consolidating everything into a 2 draw filing cabinet. I am not sure how I am going to squeeze all the school stuff in!! Trying to be creative. I bought some large CD cases that I have been filling with all our DVD's and CD's - funny how weird it is throwing away the cases for the cd's and dvd's! There is a part of me that is horrified - as if I am committing some kind of sacrilege ... what is that all about!? Funny the things we discover about ourselves at times like this.

It is a real stretch looking after my friends little boy while trying to get ready to move. He is crawling everywhere now and my house is a zoo - I am having to barricade the living room to keep him out of trouble, but he also requires quite a bit of attention. He is constantly on the move and I need to watch him like a hawk as he is suddenly trying to cruise the furniture too and is still very wobbly on his pins. We all love having M over - and I know that his mom really needs me to do this, just a bit tough in some ways. It is fun being around a wee one again though. He is such a sweetheart and it melts my heart when he is happy to see the kids and I. Hoping he's in a good mood tomorrow

Comment

• Hoping friend's little boy went happily home and you can get some rest while getting ready to move. Bet your itsies are having fun getting ready. They are so cute. Saw a picture your husband took of the three of you

If I didn't love real books so much, I might suggest a kindle for your cabin. But I do, so I won't. Have a super day as you simplify.

Comment

• Lopisheep that is funny! I can't part with my real books, I just love the low tech reading. My eyes get tired with a screen, plus if the power goes out I can still read. We are going to make the wall of our room out of bookshelves so that we can keep our book friends. My dream is to one day have a house that has a library!! Like those old fashioned houses from so long ago - complete with deep squishy armchairs, window seats and a sliding ladder to reach all the books that are stacked up to the ceilings

I am however going to cut back on books that I have read and have no desire to read again. Some books just aren't worth keeping around. Others, like my Louis L'Amour's, Zane Grey's and a myriad of others will stay with me as long as I can make it work. Got desks, loveseat, and kids scooters on craigslist - waiting for buyers. We've sold a number of things already - I hope this sale goes through or I am going to be looking for some replacements!

Comment

• Me too!!! I have kindle on my iPad....but there is nothing like holding a "real" book & turning the pages!!!! I have boxes & boxes of books!! Just can't get rid of them. I have a place in the living room that I want hubby to build me a bookcase! Floor to ceiling! Maybe one of these days he'll get around to it. It still won't be big enough but it'll be a start! On Pinterest I have a board with nothing but kewl looking in home libraries!!! Just so I can dream big! lol
                      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I am with you both one hundred percent on that library. Remember the one in MY FAIR LADY and the neat song about ALL I WANT IS A ROOM SOMEWHERE FAR AWAY FROM THE COLD NIGHT AIR WITH ONE ENORMOUS CHAIR....?

Wow. Coll, Do you have all the L'Amour books? I thought I was bad. I have a ton of Agatha Christie books, and I think he wrote more books than she did.
                        Last edited by lopisheep; 07-12-2014, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Unfortunately I do not have all his books though I think I have read them all. As a kid I was fascinated with the Old West - so interesting that I ended up living in the general area that he talked about! I had to leave a lot of books behind when I left SA to move here or my collection would be much bigger. And of course books are SO very expensive in South Africa it was hard to let them go! I have a lovely selection of organic gardening, country living and 'how to' books too. I also love fantasy and have a number of those ... I often play with the idea of writing a novel, but have not found time to do so yet.

Comment

• I just decluttered nearly all my books! I have kept an atlas, dictionary, concordance, and the like, probably total of 30 books of my own. There's a similar number for my husband, a whole shelf of kids books and another box of picture books put away. So when I add them all up that's still quite a lot of books. We are big library users, or at least my husband and daughter are. I don't read nearly as much as I used to - two or more books on the go at once etc. - and I figure anything I want I can get at the library or on line.

And I just remembered that my music cupboard is probably half books! That would be hundreds right there. I daren't tackle them yet.
                            Annie Ups the Ante
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Annie I can't imagine scaling back to 30 books for me! That would be tough! We too use the library a lot here - with homeschooling it is a must anyway. But so much more that I could never afford to buy.

Seems we had a bear drop in last night and take out my new bird feeder! Very early in the year to have a bear dropping in - kind of strange actually as it has been a really good year with rain so there must be plenty to eat out there. Fortunately it didn't go into the backyard where our chickens are and where all our hummingbird feeders are. I think I am going to scale back on what I put out and then bring it in at night. Of course our trash was emptied for us but since we don't generate much trash there were slim pickings there and it didn't make much of a mess thank goodness! Getting us ready for living up the canyon I guess.

Comment

• Off to the Colorado Irish Festival for the afternoon and evening. One of our favourite Irish groups, The High Kings, is singing there this evening and we are all excited to get to hear them live again. The last time the sound engineers did a terrible job and totally messed the whole evening up. Hoping today is a good one We are all going to be wearing our kilts and our pooch is going to the Lazy Dog Ranch to play and get a bath etc. I'll get her tomorrow afternoon and then I don't have to worry about her at home all afternoon and evening with no way to get out to go potty. I'll take loads of pics ... happy day.

Comment

Working...
                                X