No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw the pics of your cabin and the cliffs. You are certainly fenced on one side. Is the cliff in the north, south, east, or west?

Comment

• Pam, the cliff faces South which is going to be great in the winter. And hopefully it will block some of the North winter winds. And the river is across the highway to the South of the house too. The property goes from the house westwards. Only half an acre - but it will be ours to do with as we wish. Big deal here!
      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
      Primal low: 186 lbs
      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Just drew it so I could visualize it even more. How close are your neighbors? And the nearest town?

You are going to be able to shed so much stress. A difficult landlord is the pits. If all goes well, when do you move?

Comment

• Pam, the neighbor on the East is within yards of the house but it is a vacation property where people are only there occasionally. On the West the neighbors are a lot further away and their garage buffers us from them too. Also a vacation property with occasional occupancy. The property is a rectangle with the length being along the road and the cliff and the short sides are from the cliff to the road. (don't know if that makes sense )

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• The first pic shows how close the East side neighbours are

DSCN9461.jpg

And the second one gives an idea of the West side neighbours though not a true feel as one can't see them from the cabin actually. You have to walk up towards them first before you can see them and even then the trees block them.

DSCN9463.jpg

Comment

• I love it. You are going to have sooo much fun making it your own place. I can just imagine you guys there. Those neighbors don't seem like intrusions at all.

Comment

• The neighbor on the East side is VERY close - probably 4 yards from the side of our house to theirs. But we can eventually put up a privacy fence if we want. Nonetheless I am looking forward to it. I just know that despite the challenges of fitting into such a small place we are going to be so much happier. No more trying to keep out of landlord's sight, no more having to lock my gates and fend off unwanted kids. Whew!

I have been taking my probiotic drink in the morning - 200 ml of raw milk, a heaped tablespoon of plantain flour, a dash of homemade vanilla extract, a dash of cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp of ginger powder and a pinch of stevia. Blend and drink with probiotic. Then I have IF'ed until about 2:30 when I have lunch and then dinner about 7pm. Hubby gets home late, so only way we get to eat together as a family. I know it isn't ideal ... but best we can do. I find I manage just fine not eating until about 2:30pm.

Comment

• The kids and I went for a bike ride to the river/lake. The kids were playing in the river when DS's crocs came off and started floating down the river! We grabbed one but the other headed out of reach. I can't afford to buy more crocs and so I took off running (the barefoot fat lady) down the edge of the river (not easy!) and every time I got close to the edge the croc was too far away to get to. I ended up running quite a distance until I found a spot where I could get into the water - threw my cell phone and crocs on the edge and scrambled into the water getting soaked myself. It was hot so the dunk was nice All the while I am praying that I got ahead of the croc and that it would come by close enough for me to grab it. I had to wait a little while and there it came floating directly at me and in fact would have sailed right between my legs if I hadn't caught it. It just felt like a little tiny miracle and I was very grateful. DS was a little tearful as I had just been telling him to be careful with the crocs as I can't afford to buy more and voila! there they went. Poor kid thought he was in trouble. We all had a good giggle as I told them about my gallop down the path and how I eventually caught the thing. Unfortunately the folk who fish along the river and lake edge often leave hooks and fishing line lying around so I can't risk the kids going barefoot. So my primal workout for today was cycling and chasing down a shoe .... glad there was no-one to see me until I was walking back

Comment

• I can so see you chasing that shoe

BTW, I tried some cashew ice cream yesterday. IMHO, it was NOT ice cream. Think I'll stick to carrot juice as my sweet treat. LOL.

Comment

• I make my own icecream - I like cream too much to substitute it with something else. THough I have to say there is a coconut icecream that is really yummy and is totally dairy free. Thank God, I don't have issues with dairy!! It is a big percentage of my diet. Most of it is raw and organic ... just wish I had my own cow. $10 a gallon is a stretch!!!

Comment

• Coming from the suburbs, those neighbors look positively distant. I like the little rock mountain between you and East.

Comment

• Lol, Sabine, I know what you mean. However, the rock mountain is on the West of us and the Easts. The first pic shows our cabin and the East's cabin within yards of each other ... let me see if I have a better pic showing the East's relation to us Here's one from the diningroom (our future bedroom) of the side of East's cabin

DSCN9449.jpg

Comment

• Heehee. I meant the tumble of rocks in the first picture. I'm from the FLAT part of Texas. To me, that looks like a little mountain!

Comment

• LOL! Gotcha Sabine! How about the molehill in the 'backyard'!

Comment

• Just for fun a pic of the inside of the cabin .... the woodstove in the living room - all single pane windows so I think we'll be using a lot of firewood come winter time!

DSCN9402.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X