No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy, busy! We are heading up the canyon to do the inspection on the cabin tomorrow afternoon. Excited to go and look around for a few hours while DH does the inspection with his brother. We have been busy organizing under bed storage for DS this weekend and he is thrilled with his bed I have also done a bunch of going through clothes and found a LOT of clothes that are too small so those were dropped off at the charity box today. Lovely feeling to have the kids clothes sorted and DS's room is starting to improve. It has been a general storage room too, poor kid. He suddenly has a bunch of floor space where he is having fun playing with his toys. I have been doing all kinds of tidying and sorting through stuff - trying to decide what is worth keeping and what needs to go in the garage sale and what we can store temporarily.

We are looking at plans for building our own little composting toilet ... pretty cool We will be turning the humanure into rich compost ... no plumbing to run either

It was really hot today (about 94F) and our poor air conditioner is not keeping up in this little trailer. Got the fan out in the living room to keep the air moving. The cabin is at a much higher altitude, I think about 7500 ft. Much cooler and of course we are going to be right across the road from the river. I am looking forward to going to sleep with the sound of the river rushing by.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Too exciting about the cabin! Utterly fantastic!
      My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• A pic of the cabin and one of the cliff behind the house. Very beautiful in its own way.

DSCN9385.jpg

DSCN9375.jpg

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I am so excited for you! You are going to have such adventures there! Think of how great it will be for the kids, they are going to love it.

Comment

• Exactly what we were thinking Walrus! The kids are really excited too - poor things have felt so cooped up here. We will have National Forest in close range all around us and we are going to have a lot of fun exploring and hiking and, hopefully, snow shoeing in the winter

Comment

• Sitting waiting at the chiropractor. I wish it was a little cheaper - I would come a lot more. I have a rib that has a bad attitude at the moment and DS is needing an adjustment. He took a spectacular tumble off his scooter yesterday and did not get a single scratch or bruise. I was most impressed ... I looked up to see him tumbling over the asphalt and was waiting for the screams. Nada! Whew!

Waiting to hear from the sellers whether they are willing to work with us on our requests for the hot water heater and propane heater to be replaced. The propane heater is about 55 years old! And the hot water heater is 28 years old! Prehistoric!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Well, we heard today that there is a back up offer on the cabin - full price with 50% down. A bit of a bummer since the buyers don't seem to be particularly motivated to work with us on the issues. Seems that they were hoping to unload the cabin without any hassles. But, not going to worry about it. If we have to we will scrape something together and replace the hot water heater ourselves. Not giving up on this cabin now ...

I have just had a glorious sunset bike ride at my favourite lake and river. Took a bunch of pictures and now I need to see if there were some good ones. It was so beautiful and it was also lovely to go by myself and take my time. I worked up a nice sweat and had the 'fun' primal activity of fighting off nasty biting bugs!

Comment

• We spent a couple of hours dancing with chickens and a raccoon in the wee hours of the morning. I woke up to the sound of a chicken screaming and screaming. The landlords chickens were being chomped by something so I ran out in my PJ's and brandishing a flashlight (note to self - next time take a sturdy stick if nothing else). The raccoon was feasting on one bird and the others were freaking out. When I got there the coon ran into the back area and so I stepped into the coop to see if I could help the birds and then the coon turned and ran straight at me!!!! And I couldn't get the gate open and so I stood in the corner with the chicken and we both screamed! He zipped past me (within a couple of feet) and up into the little area where the chickens roost. SO, I got the chainlink between him and me and the poor chicken was trying to get out to the safe zone. I shine my flashlight and there is the 'coon sitting on the roost next to the chickens!!! YIKES! Ran home and roused hubby and ran back to find he hadn't done anymore damage. I then picked up the poor hen that was trying to get out and held her - panting and moaning to herself poor girl. All the while we are wondering how the heck we are going to extricate the chickens from the same roost as the raccoon - very confined space there!! Hubby spent some time trying to raise the landlords, to no avail. Meanwhile I am talking to the raccoon to keep it from carrying on with the carnage - reminding it that a bigger predator was standing there checking him out Eventually one of the hens on the roost freaked out and flapped all over the raccoon before knocking the other chicken off the roost and they both landed up on the ground - much better than within inches of the raccoon! One of them ran to the fence and we scooped her up, the other looked stunned or dead. She eventually got up too and came over to us and then poor hubby had to hunt for the missing hen very carefully tiptoeing around the raccoon and we couldn't find her. We stashed the 3 survivors in our shed for the night and left the corpse there and eventually got the raccoon out and closed the coop again. Needless to say I had a big adrenalin rush going on and couldn't get back to sleep. Next thing we hear the last hen squawking and so we rushed out again. Turned out she'd escaped the raccoons initial attempt to eat her and carry her off and had flown up a tree - the raccoon found her and I believe finished her off 8 o'clock this morning we still couldn't raise the landlords and started to wonder if they'd gone away - eventually got hold of them and averted the issue of the kids finding a headless corpse... and they are fixing the one hole that the raccoon got in through. I felt sorry for them - reality is pretty ugly sometimes and chickens do creep into your heart. DH and I are a little sleep deprived today but feel good that we were able to save 3 birds and have the landlords grateful for our help. Should keep them happy for a while longer

Comment

• That's quite the night time adventure! Yikes. The farm where I get my eggs regularly loses a lot of chickens to foxes, raccoons, you name it. No shortage of predators, including the hairless two-legged ones. Although I just go there for eggs!

Comment

• I don't know of many things that don't have chicken on their list for dinner!

Comment

• For the last couple of weeks I have been taking the plantain flour in raw milk and with 1/4 tsp of powdered ginger. I am astounded with how much of a positive impact the ginger has had on my digestive health!! Amazing! Easy, regular bowel habits - the plantain flour definitely agrees with me far more than the banana flour or the potato starch. I haven't changed my probiotic amount or anything else. Just the plantain and then the ginger. It tastes really yummy too which is helpful I have taken to making that most of my breakfast with something else small. I find it quite filling too.

The landlord is groveling today - most uncomfortable! We didn't save the chickens to get one up on him - for heavens sake. Now he's all apologetic about the previous ugly scene about the very same chickens. Now he's all ready for us to park our truck in the pasture after all. NOT going to happen. Our realtor, who hubby works with a lot, has offered for us to park our truck at her place which is really close by and there are no weird strings attached. Besides we just don't trust the landlord at all ... we have taken him at his word before and have been burned more than once. An aside - I found the remains of the missing chicken this morning while taking our pooch for a walk. She, of course, was very interested and wanted to eat it! Then the remaining chickens have been sneaking into our backyard today - they seem to have a death wish at the moment!

Comment

• Chicken adventures!

I think you are wise not to accept the landlord's 'offer'.

Fingers crossed for the cabin. Those purple flowers are a beautiful shot of color.

Comment

• Thanks Sabine We passed another milestone yesterday with dealing with the inspection objection - they aren't going to replace anything, but are making a small concession which is actually more than we expected since there is a backup offer. Just praying that the hot water heater and the propane heater don't crap out all at once!! Not that we'll need the heater at the moment - really hot even up there and there is no aircon.

I had to laugh this morning, I was putting the magnesium oil on my lower legs as I usually do but I have a little lesion that is grumpy at the moment and has been stinging quite a lot when I put the oil on it. I very carefully went around it with the oil this morning, and totally forgot that I had scratched the back of my leg on the fence the other night and rubbed the oil all over those instead! That got my attention lol.

So the chickens are gravitating toward our backyard again after their trauma - I know they like us and feel safe with us. (I like them - just not the owners!) BUT we have a chicken eating dog that is often out in the backyard!!! Hoping that we don't have more trauma in our backyard. I hate having to be on the alert all the time and scanning the yard before I let the dog out ... oh well, looks like about 4 more weeks of this and then (PLEASE God!) we'll be moving into our own place. I have decided to really get going on the organizing and getting ready for a garage sale and our move. I have a lot of work ahead of me trying to get rid of as much stuff as makes sense as we are squeezing into a little 2 bedroom 1 bath house from a 3 bed 2 bath trailer. I have been through the kids clothes and most of mine and have gotten a lot of stuff sent off to the charity. I need to go through my kitchen now and pull out everything I don't use or like or need too. Those bits can go in the garage sale too. Selling various goodies on craigslist too ... busy time. However, today I am also going to get going on IF'ing again. I know this is not necessarily the best time to start something but I don't want to keep putting it off because I am in the middle of all kinds of craziness. Every day where I do better is a little step towards health and energy and clothes fitting better. Even if I don't do it perfectly it will be better than the way things are going right now.

Comment

• Have you been reading Ruth's method of IF, pushing out her meal by an hour each week? It seems to be working very well for her.

Comment

• Sabine, where do I find Ruth's journal? Or is it on the ADF thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X