No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so sorry about those poo-poo heads giving you grief. (That seems just the right term, right now, since they are being so childish.) Just go all ninja on them in your imagination, and hang in there. Not much else to do, but I pray things change for the better for you very soon.

Comment

• Walrus, that is the problem when you live on the same property as your landlord. It gets where you have to creep around being as unobtrusive as possible while wishing you could give them a piece of your mind! Sabine, that gave me a good laugh - I am going to take your advice and go ninja in my imagination!!! Yee ha! In the meantime I am taking the kids and going to drive up the canyon to drive by another house .... I think our realtor thinks we are crazy, she's probably right, but she is not the one living in the house we buy so she'll just have to tolerate our 'craziness'.
      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
      Primal low: 186 lbs
      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Just got a vision of myself dressed in black with face mask, scaling the roof of the Big House, dropping a...a...a blanket...in the chimney... except I wouldn't do that to anyone.
        My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• I gave myself the giggles thinking of being all dressed up in one of the kids ninja outfits and hiding behind a tree ready to kick butt Too much fun!

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I have a touch of laryngitis I think, coughing away and a very growly voice. Not feeling the greatest, time to dose myself with some garlic and I am going to take it easy today. No school either - kids aren't sad about that of course!

My left arm has been horrible for a while. I tried various lotions to try and calm it down but to no avail. Then I had the great idea of trying aloe gel and voila! it is starting to calm down. I have scabs forming over the areas that were so angry and it is no longer so sore and itchy. When it gets itchy the aloe is very soothing I decided to start sprouting again as that is a great way to get a boatload of nutrients in and since I don't feel like gardening I can at least feel that I am contributing to the table fare in a small way. There is also a little organic farm stall that just opened nearby and I am going to buy my produce there - lovely fresh and tasty greens etc. I find myself hiding out inside at the moment as I don't want to have to talk the landlord and be polite. I just want to pretend they don't exist for the moment ...

Comment

• My arm is healing up nicely again, just big crusts on the itchy patches. Looks awful - just because it is 'only' cosmetic doesn't mean it is okay. That is what I was told by someone - and I mean, it is true, I am really glad that this condition is not a precursor to cancer or something horrid. That doesn't mean it is okay to have it though! How many women would be happy to walk around with skin looking like this? I just wish I could find a switch to turn it off - and why only my left arm so extremely unhappy? My right arm and both legs are spotty, but nothing like the left arm!

20140616_224939.jpg

Comment

• With everything that is going on at the moment I just can't seem to get into the rhythm of the UDDDD. Tomorrow we are going to see the cabin again - turns out it doesn't have a sealed vault and has a full septic system. Very good news indeed and we are hoping we can buy this little place. It is just over an hours drive up one of the river canyons in some stunning scenery and backing onto National Forest (National Cliff right there actually!!) and National Forest close by everywhere else. No HOA and half an acre. It will be a squeeze, but we'll make it work. At least it will be ours!! No landlord - sheer bliss! A LONG way for DH to drive but that is just a sacrifice we are willing to make at this point ... everything has its pro's and con's.

Next week for the first time the kids are going to a VBS on their own. May not sound like a big deal to you mom's who have sent your kids to public school, but it is the first time our kids have had the opportunity to do something like this. It is going to be super weird for me ... but nice too. A friend is going to be part of the staff for the VBS and will be there if anything should happen. I am going to find some close by natural areas and get some photography done since it is too far to drive home and then back again to pick the kids up. It will be awesome to have some time to myself!! Wow! Like a vacation.

We are having burgers and artichoke and watermelon for dinner. It is too hot for me to make anything that requires standing in the kitchen for any length of time and especially something that will make the house hot!

Interesting fact ... I was wondering about the fact that I have no issues with feeling cold as most folk that are hypothyroid do. Instead I feel the heat terribly - I am always hot, DH will vouch for that. That seemed to be in conflict with everything else I had read about hypothyroidism. Well, after looking around a fair amount it turns out that occasionally hypothyroidism can show with exactly that - something about the metabolism being messed up and too much fuel being burned for heat purposes. My temp is still low - just feel hot all the time. It was encouraging to read that, as I was wondering if I was off track ...

Comment

• We went back up to the cabin in the canyon Still like and think we can make it work for us. We'll have to be creative and flexible, but I think we could have a lot of fun there. Such a beautiful area! Going to put in an offer tomorrow and see what happens. Feeling hopeful and excited.

Bought more vodka and brandy to make more cordials. DH has disappeared the cherry wishniak and the peach brandy I made was very yummy too. With organic peaches and cherries at the store at a reasonable price it is time to make another batch of those two - if I can find my wine making journal! Where on earth have I put it?!?! Not where I 'always' keep it. Well, I have to get ready to move (hopefully) so it is a good excuse to look for it and tidy as I go.

Comment

• Found my wine and liqueur journal with my recipes. Cherry wishniak and peach brandy will be on my to do list for tomorrow after we sign the paperwork for our offer. Hoping that this time will be the last signing of copious amounts of paper and no more failed attempts at buying a home. Deep breaths ...

Comment

• Good luck with the cabin, I hope all works out for the best!
                      My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                      My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                      Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                      Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Originally posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
                        Good luck with the cabin, I hope all works out for the best!
                        Amen to that.
                        Annie Ups the Ante
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Wow, lots going on! Hope you have good news on the cabin. That will really motivate me to think about buying something too! And good luck with the children and VBS - they should love it! Quite an adventure for them.
                          My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Thanks all! The offer has been accepted! DH and his brother will do the inspection on Monday and I'll get to measure everything and take a bunch of photos. They are leaving all the furniture so I need to go through it and figure out what we want and what we'll need to sell once we move in. It is going to take some creativity to squeeze us all in including DH's home office, but we are nothing if not creative The sellers are leaving a canoe and riding mower as well - we're pretty chuffed about that! We have been wanting to get a canoe for ages, but have been putting it off for a number of reasons. Now we are being given one - too cool. Not too sure about whether we'll use a riding mower - but nonetheless, we can sell it if we don't want it. I just like pushing a mower around and as little as possible since it is better in some ways to allow the plants and grasses to flower and seed. Going to talk to my friends who have Nigerian Dwarf goats and see if I can get a couple of does next spring .... and I am drooling over my favourite breeds of chickens as I'll be able to order some once we have a coop figured out!! Yippee!! Turns out there is a big meat smoker built in under a roof - such a blessing! Hubby is in the process of brain tanning a bunch of hides and with this he can rig a really nice contraption to smoke them when he is ready. Apparently the owner before the present ones used to smoke meat for various restaurants. I am really keen to learn how to do so, probably just for us, but how cool?! There is also a pile of hickory wood being left for us which hubby is in raptures about - from the point of view of carpentry, not smoking. We have a big pile of apple wood for smoking that we'll be taking with us. It is going to be soooooooo nice to do what we want without having to consider whether the landlord likes it. No section of the yard that can't be used because the landlord wants to be able to see his favourite tree without anything 'ugly' or distracting in the way!!!!!!!!!!

This week has been hectic! I ended up having to watch little M on Monday as well so it has felt rather like a whirlwind. Driving to Loveland, dropping the kids off, driving back to Laporte, feed baby, put him down for nap, make the kids lunch, play with baby, drive down to fetch kids, make dinner; washing dishes and doing laundry have to be squeezed in somewhere too. I'll be glad to get back to our normal next week. Got to get the kids finished with their school before we move. At this point the closing date is 1st August ... yeah, bring it on!

Comment

• I'm so pleased about the cabin! Congratulations. I hope all goes well with the inspection and closing. Good luck!

Comment

• Good news! Hope everything works out for the best!!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                                My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                                My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                                Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                                Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

Working...
                                X