No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome flood pix! So happy that you can cycle without pain. And school by the lake sounds just lovely

I'm thinking of trying some primal or at least gluten free baking too. My family just so hooked on their bread/toast/sandwiches/cereals etc and I can't bear the thought of feeding them all the garbage that goes along with it - additives, canola etc. The trouble is, I myself really don't need those carbs and home baking is so hard to ignore.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Annie, you are so right about how hard it is to ignore the home baked goodies. But I find that I don't feel too good if I have much so I keep it down to a small portion. There are some pretty yummy recipes out there that I am sure your family will enjoy. And as you say the canola etc. is far more easily avoided if you do the baking!

I slept like a log last night. So good to 'catch' up on some good zzz's. DS's bike got a puncture yesterday so got to fix that before we head off on another ride. AND I need to keep a puncture kit and pump and basic wrenches on me when we go cycling! I forgot how important that is!
      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
      Primal low: 186 lbs
      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Also you might want to get a couple of spare inner tubes - that makes it easier when you get a flat. They aren't expensive, well worth the convenience. Plus if you break the valve while you are fixing the flat (very easy to do) then you're done! No way to fix the valve.
        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Good point Siobhan. I might need to get a baggie for each bike since it could get pretty cumbersome carrying all those for me and the kids! I used to have a little black bag that was suspended from my seat with wrenches etc in. Will have to look around and see what I come up with.

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Luckily good tire irons can be made of plastic now, very light. Also a combo tool is very handy and saves a lot of weight. I have found it is also really handy around the house. This is the one I have:

Park Tool MT-1

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Ok, so I found my tiny pump which can go in the basket on my bike. I found the puncture kit and plastic tire irons and allen wrenches etc in a long lost tin, down in the stable. That tin has not been opened in many, many years! It was fun to fix DS's puncture and remember how to do it - I know, really simple, but when you haven't done it forever it felt good. DS is thrilled because he has the little kit attached to his bike .. typical little boy. He just loves tools and weapons etc. He and DH spent time over the weekend making an antler handle for a knife blade. What a stink!!!! LOL, DH had to have a shower and throw all the clothing in the washing machine after he was done.

My right foot is starting to feel better and my left heel is not too bad at the moment either. I was able to get around pretty well yesterday and catch up with some of my cleaning and made stew for dinner.

I have been in this holding pattern for ages now and it is not a good place. I need to get my act together and make a difference in my own health including my weight. SO, just looking at today I am not going to snack, no sugar, and loads of veggies and water. Then tomorrow I will try to do the same thing. I think I am going to make one day on the weekend a primal treat day (just a small something for nice) so that I have something to look forward to and then I don't get the deprived mentality.

On the house hunting side of things ... the little cabin we looked at that apparently has a sealed vault, well it turns out that no-one actually knows what it has for the sewage disposal etc. Rather strange that you would not know!? But, this does mean that the place is still a possibility! Good news. A plumber is going out to see what he can figure out and we'll see what he says. The down side is the county has no record of what has been done there and it was before the days of getting permits for septic systems and wells etc ... so the well and septic would have to be ok'ed by the county before we could use them etc. We'll see what happens. In the meantime we are going to look at two places in an area with major HOA stuff - we are just trying to figure out if we could make something there work (as in flying under the radar with a few hens and maybe container gardening) but this is really just planning for the worst scenario where we have to leave our rental and can't find anywhere to go. This isn't the case yet - so we are trying to see whether it could work. (like are there enough trees around the place that we could do something without it being seen by the 'police' ...) Quite interesting times ... you can have two horses, but no chickens or livestock or garden. And this is 45+ minutes up into the mountains. You can go in the opposite direction onto the plains, but then you deal with the oil and gas industry and the rough crowd that accompany that, as well as the fracking and feedlots and bad weather (hail, tornadoes etc) We spoke to the landlord a couple of days ago and at this point they are happy for us to stay ... that could always change, but for now it is good to know that we have a place to stay.

I am going to try and get a bike ride in today once school is done.

Comment

• I have walked either the dog or the baby most days this week with a couple bike rides in there too. In other words I am doing more moving. My right foot is really sore right now as I have just been shopping and walking around for a few hours. Ouch!

I am going to try getting back into alternate day fasting. I find it is the easiest way to restrict calories and it seems to work better for me mentally knowing that I have a 'free' day following the restraint day. Much easier to maintain. Might as well take the bull by the horns and start tomorrow. I will have to do a little figuring out as I usually take the banana flour in a bit of milk and I need to figure out if this will push me over the top. Not too sure how to get it in otherwise. In water is nasty I'll figure it out.

DH had a great workout this morning scraping hair off some deer hides. He has passed out on the recliner now ... heavy upper body workout.

My skin on my left arm is very inflamed and irritated at the moment. I got a touch too much sun a few days ago and it sure didn't like it. I am trying the cream that was so helpful on my feet on my arm and hopefully it will help it settle down again. I am putting a pic of my left forearm on here as a way to document any improvements. Pictures are impartial witnesses ...
                20140608_151334.jpg

Comment

• So today is Day 1, again. Down day - going to sit down in a minute and figure out what I am going to do as far as calories for the day. Kind of looking forward to this, I really want to get moving again in the sense of making headway in my health. I have the thyroid supplementation going and that seems to be going smoothly. I think that there shouldn't be any issues taking those without much food. If there is I'll make a plan that is low carb next time.

My arm is feeling much less irritated today, not so itchy and sore. Going to keep on with the foot cream as it seems to be helping somewhat. Gorgeous day with temps in the early 70's! If only I could find a place that had temps like that most of the summer I think I would be in heaven! Anything between about 55 and 70F is bliss for me! I feel so energized and happy And if it hit about 85F a couple of times during a heatwave that would be ok too!

I need to go and get the kids going and figure out my food for the day.

Comment

• Ouch!!!!!

Comment

• Ouch! That looks quite painful! Hope you get some quick relief.

I'm with you. I love temps between 50-70. If you find a spot, let me know!

Comment

• Yes I will, BJDMINN, I'll broadcast it to the world!

Comment

• I'm very interested in your real estate adventures as I am thinking of starting to look myself. I've recently realized that there are a lot opportunities in this area and have sought advice - this is a good time for me to buy something. Can you imagine, no more Landlord! Yikes, it is scary, though. I have bought property on my own several times, it doesn't get any less scary. I'm just not a businesswoman. Wish I was!

Comment

• Follow your heart Siobhan and take your time!! Get a good home inspector because they look at the home with a magnifying glass and will let you know if there are any issues you are missing! I think it is a great idea to get your own place there! From what I have seen Maine is pretty reasonably priced (compared to here anyway!) and there are so many pretty places. What a thrilling thought - no landlord!!!

Our pooch has had us at the vet most of the afternoon. She got into the scraps of deerhide that had been soaked in hydrated lime!!!! First I knew she drank almost half of her bowl of water in one go .... little idiot! But, our mistake! DH is kicking himself since he was the one who left the gate open (never happens - really weird) this morning. Poor pooch is peeing all the time and has been relegated to the backyard for the moment. She doesn't even know she is peeing and that is really odd for her. Had to put her on a pee pad to get her home and the vet folk had to clean up about 5 times after her and I took her out to potty about 5 times too. Really hoping that she didn't get much of the bits down - apparently it can take up to 24 hours before the sores in the mouth show up. All kinds of meds and a nice big bill. Hoping that she will be okay! Hold thumbs for our old girl please!!

Comment

• Oh dear! The things dogs get into...I hope she is okay.

Comment

• Our pooch seems to be feeling fine this evening - doesn't seem to be peeing everywhere anymore which I am most relieved about. She is an indoor dog and would be very stressed if I just threw her outside for too long. She is happily lying behind her favourite chair after wolfing down her special food and pills. The kids were amazed at how fast the pill got swallowed

A picture I took on our house hunting trip on Saturday.

021.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X