No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I would take a page from Siobhan's book and put in an historical photograph that I found fascinating. It is of a springbok mascot for the 4th Regiment of South African forces in 1918. She was buried with full military honors in an Allied war cemetery. Pretty cool story.

1012186_177891922380548_402925842_n.jpg
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I kept track of my basal body temperatures for the last while and they are definitely lower than the normal range. I started the thyroid supplementation yesterday - only one of the supplements has arrived, but I decided to start that right away and will add the other supplement once it arrives. Now it is just a case of waiting to see if this makes a difference over the next 21 days. Hold thumbs for me folks - I am really needing to see an improvement in how I feel!

I hurt my right foot a few days ago and it has been hurting a lot. Not too sure what I did though I suspect it was from resting it on the rung of a bar stool for too long while visiting with a friend. And my Achilles has calmed down just in time to hobble around with the other foot sore - kind of funny!

I had an awesome birthday. We had a really laid back day culminating in a gorgeous evening with a BBQ and sitting around the fire for ages. The kids had a great time learning how to work with fire and can't wait for the next fire. As we have loads of wood that needs burning that shouldn't be too long of a wait. Going to see a house on Friday. It is cheap and a long drive (about an hour from town) and pretty small for us. But, no HOA, 0.5 acre where we can have chickens, a garden and a couple of goats if we want. We'll see what the set up is on Friday and I'm looking forward to seeing if we can make it work. Things are getting a bit tense with the landlord. He just has no respect for other people's boundaries and I am constantly having to push back. He has been letting his chickens out to free range, but they make a dash for our front yard where they eat all the seed that I have put out for the wild birds, poop all over our front step and generally make a nuisance of themselves. As you know I love chickens, but I don't appreciate the invasion of our space! So I have started texting him every time the birds are over here making a pest of themselves. I am so tired of having to chase them away. He set his kids to watch the birds (which doesn't work as they get distracted or can't control the birds) No response to my texts. Then the following day he texted me that he is trying to keep his birds happy and healthy? So they need to be on our little rented area, instead of somewhere on the rest of his 20 acres!!?? $&%#! I told him (with a smile) that they don't need to be happy and healthy on our front lawn eating the seed that I bought! No response, but the birds have not been plaguing us today. I just want to get out of here before things get unpleasant!!

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• IMGP7900.jpg

A photo I took this morning while running errands ... it is such a beautiful time of the year. Flooding going on - but minor.

Comment

• I think we should introduce our landlords to each other. They can text each other about what horrible tenants we are.

So beautiful! When you post pictures I get a flashback to my first trip Colorado many, many moons ago. I went on a ski trip to Steamboat when I was about 25. I couldn't believe how different it looked from other places I had been. I kept asking DH to stop the car and take pictures of me in dry creek beds, etc. Kinda sorta makes me want to move to Colorado...

And I love the springbok picture!
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Yes, I can just imagine them commiserating with each other on how strange we are! LOL!

Colorado really does have a different look and feel about it. But much as I love it, I don't want to live here anymore. I am certainly enjoying taking pictures at every chance I get though. There are areas that are so photogenic ...

Comment

• My other thyroid supplement arrived in the mail yesterday so I started them this morning. Early days yet ... not feeling bad though so that is a plus

Another historical photograph of some Navajo people travelling across an area called Canyon de Chelly ( I think)

10313994_743270539044711_2282519967363188973_n.jpg

Comment

• I am thrilled ... DH bought me a really nice second hand camera for my birthday. I am excited about learning more of photography now that I have a 'real' camera. A huge plus is that one of my brothers is very into photography and I shot him a message asking for some advice. I got the longest and most excited response I have had from him in decades! I can see this is going to be a great way to reconnect with him - it has been so long since I got much more than a few sentences from him and now I got a whole page that he had to cut short as he was on his way to work! I am floating in heaven right now

Comment

• Happy Birthday Coll. I love that your present not only brings you joy but has brought you and your brother closer already, that's a double blessing. Lovely photo. And good luck for the house.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Thanks Annie!

I slept really well. I just detest having sore feet! Both of my feet are troubling me at the moment - it makes it really hard to do stuff and move! I am going to try and stay off them today and do a thorough massage on both calves, and under the right foot and see if that helps at all.

Comment

• Well, we are still going up to see that house this afternoon, but we just found out that it does not have a septic system and has a sealed vault instead. We can't get the loan we were approved for on a place that has a sealed vault ... we really don't know what to do or which way to go. Everything is so confusing and seems so difficult. DH is seeing people all the time in the same boat as we are. The realtors all say the market is crazy, especially in the price range that we are looking at - entry level basically. Ah well, we'll just keep looking and waiting until our direction becomes clear. DH is home today so we are having grilled steak and steamed artichoke for lunch. Then we are heading up to look at the house. At least we'll have stomachs full of good stuff

Comment

• Not sure you want to mess with a place with a sealed vault, from the little I know of this sort of thing. I hope something wonderful turns up for you!
                        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Yup, sealed vault is a no go! I did get some pretty cool pictures of the river in its state of early flooding and the gorgeous canyon. Only thing is the pictures were taken out of the window of a moving vehicle. But I am going to put a few in here nonetheless.

IMGP7973.jpg

IMGP7982.jpg

IMGP7990.jpg

Comment

• Today is one week since I started the thyroid supplements. I have seen a slight rise in my basal temps - but that might also mean that I am close to ovulating. Will wait and see while continuing to take the supps. My bowel habits have improved greatly since on the supplements - go figure! That was not an expected side effect, but I will take it! I am still taking the banana starch once a day and the probiotics. I really seem to need them as the gut gets unhappy pretty quickly without it still. I have to say however, the banana flour is a whole lot nastier than the potato starch! I have to buzz it with my stick blender and I add flavoring like homemade vanilla and a little stevia and cinnamon. I tend to shudder a couple times after drinking it ... not terrible but really not nice either. I have ordered some plantain flour for once this lot of banana flour is finished since it is cheaper. We'll see how that goes. But, you know, if it keeps my gut happy I don't particularly care how good it tastes.

I made primal bread dough yesterday with the help of DH. I made a quadruple batch of sweet potato dough with cinnamon and cloves and nutmeg, and a quadruple batch of the dairy potato dough. Even though the cinnamon buns were very mild everyone loves them. And I made a burger bun for each of us last night to have our burgers on - felt positively indulgent And now I have a big stock of dough in the freezer just waiting for me to thaw and use. Primal convenience food My right foot was sooooo sore by the end of the stint in the kitchen that I retired to the recliner chair and left DH to hand out dinner. I really don't know what I have done to this darn foot, but it is a serious pain! The worst thing is I have no clue what I did to it - I don't remember any traumatic event at all. Going to try and keep it up for part of today. Going to try a bike ride as a way to move without weight on my foot. The kids want to do their school at the lake again so I'll give it a shot. Hopefully the foot obliges me.

I had a really bad night last night with DS as he couldn't sleep, had a couple of nightmares, ended up tossing and turning next to me in our bed for most of the night. This morning he says that he was too hot, but in the middle of the night when I asked him he said he was fine!?

Comment

• Two Crow warriors in Montana 1908. Primal as all get out!!!

10438958_746270168744748_3575100090048450823_n.jpg

Comment

• Today's school was at the lake and we all really enjoyed our bike ride today. The bike doesn't upset my foot so that was a lovely surprise. It is when I put weight on it ... I guess I'll have to cycle around the house instead of walking!

Comment

Working...
                                X