No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel so privileged that she would trust us with her little one. It was so heart rending seeing her so stressed about the situation ...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• So this week was basically a fail as far as ADF went. Started out bad and never did get back up properly. Regroup tomorrow and start again on Monday! Aunt Flo is never helpful with things like this so since she left I am hoping that the ridiculous cravings etc are done!

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Oh my, just not in a good place lately (like months and months!) Pathetic but where I am. Tired, super low energy, unmotivated and wondering how I am going to GET motivated and get moving again. I started out doing ADF today - by lunch time I was hungry and not feeling too good so I ended up eating. I can hardly believe that I have done two 40 day fasts in my far distant past. Where has that person gone? I weighed in at 226 lbs today. I feel like just giving up right now. Maybe I should just take a break and quit trying for a while.

Comment

• I wouldn't advise giving up but I would advise being kind to yourself and taking it easy. You've got a lot going on in your life!
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
            I wouldn't advise giving up but I would advise being kind to yourself and taking it easy. You've got a lot going on in your life!
            What Siobhan said. Take care, Coll.
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Yeah, I slept well and feel a little better this morning. Not going to give up - I just can't do that. But I am going to just go back to the absolute basics. Drink enough water today, eat primal, go for a walk (if the wind will slow down a bit!!) stand up and move every 20 minutes, and get to bed early. I am going to do that for a couple of weeks or so and try to get into the swing of it. Once I have that down I am going to try building on it.

Comment

• I think that is very wise. And check in with us! We are full of good advice! (Well, we are full of something...)

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Lol, Siobhan! Sometimes it is all I can do to hold on - but you guys are always there and just knowing that helps a lot. Advice is always welcome.

Tomorrow morning is our first run with little M. It is sure to be a bit of an adjustment looking after a 6 month old and getting my kids to do their school work! Interesting ... but we'll make it work. A late night tonight - I had a series out from the library that I have been waiting for ages to watch. It was due back yesterday and there are a whole line of people on hold waiting for it. I have done a marathon the last couple of days trying to get it watched in time. Makes for a late night tonight - but I also shed some heart felt tears watching the DVD's and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I'll need to put the next season on hold ... and next time I need to watch it in small bites so that I don't have another one of these marathon movie watching nights!

Comment

• I've been doing that with Big Bang Theory but the tears I have shed have been from laughing too hard. I might need to counterbalance that with some real tears. Or maybe not.

Good luck with the little 'un, I think it will be a good experience for all.

Comment

• We had great fun with our baby M today! Not much school happened - we all were doting on M and thoroughly enjoying his sweet antics. I got to have baby snuggles and a little warm, soft head falling asleep on my shoulder and pressed against my cheek! Precious moments indeed. We'll see him Friday morning again Too much fun!

I was so pooped this afternoon for some reason that I lay down for about an hour and had a few minutes of nap time. Very nice. I am so blessed with an awesome family! They are so accepting even though I am such a wreck at the moment. Feeling very grateful. I ate totally primal today. Not enough water however. I'm going to drink a bunch now and then hopefully I'll have time for everything to be flushed before bedtime. We have had strong wind for days now - this evening is the first time it has died down and everything is quiet and peaceful. I wonder if that is why I was feeling so tired. The noise has been constant and every time you step outside you are being battered by the wind. It gets exhausting after a while. We did a tour of the back yard looking for birds that may have fallen out of nests just in case. Nothing that needed rescuing, I am happy to report.

No houses that fit our needs on the market at the moment. The craziness has started already with people offering over the asking price just to get the house they like. There are 100 less houses on the market than there were last year at this time, and 200 less than the previous year. The prices have shot up and most of the local people are being priced out of the market. People are having to buy places up to an hours drive away because of the prices. We're just watching the craziness and wondering how on earth we are going to find a place?! Just have to keep praying and hoping.

Comment

• Stressing about the accommodation side of things - trying very hard not to. It seems that everytime we look at houses they are more expensive and there is less in our price range. We really are scraping the bottom of the barrel here. DH says we are looking for a turd to polish! Kind of puts it in a nutshell ...

Comment

• We decided to get ready for a yard sale - part of the preparing to move thing. Plus it will definitely help us be more comfortable in the rental while we wait for the house to show up. I just sat down for a late lunch and some tea and then I have to attack the kids desks. Somewhat overwhelming tasks since they have been used as dump sites for a loooonng time. I am going to try to condense everything into a two draw filing cabinet, one draw for each kid. We'll see how it goes. Lots of moving slowly today - my heel is grumpy as a result. Maybe I should take some of my own advice and do some thorough massaging this evening. And tomorrow! And maybe even the next day. Today I reached 228lbs. My all time high so far. Trying to just keep focus on drinking water, sleeping early and well, eating primal and moving. I am doing those things - I guess the next step is to start counting calories again .... sigh.

Comment

• I need to do that too, I am horrible about drinking water. I should be named 'Koala.'

The house situation must be very trying - it seems that for the longest time it is feast or famine in the housing market. It's either crazy nuts or nothing is moving at all. Am hoping the perfect situation opens up for you!

Comment

• Thanks Siobhan! I just make myself keep on looking and hoping that there will be something that shows up that will work for us.

Yesterday DH bought me a bicycle on clearance at Walmart! I know that the bike people will probably blanch in shock - but we can't afford a 'nice' bike. I really like this one though! It is a cruiser with pedal brakes and no gears. The handle bars are really wide and come up high so I can sit up straight while riding - it really feels so much more comfortable for me. The day before we had taken our first bike ride as a family (fantastic!!) and my wrists were really hurting after the ride as the angle on the old bike's handlebars really don't work for me at all. I am loving this bike riding thing ... the kids have suddenly taking to biking and we realized that they had seriously outgrown their bikes! I took the kids today and we did school under a tree next to the river and lake! And it was amazing how fast they finished their work - I think I may just have to do this regularly! We saw a big bull snake yesterday and there was a lady that stopped us today warning us of a large snake that just crossed the path. It has been really warm the last couple days (actually yesterday was hot - 86F is hot in my books!!! YUK!) TOday was supposed to be almost as hot, but it is cloudy and cool ( about 57F) and I am loving it! So, I am happy with moving more and am thoroughly enjoying the cycling. It is a definite workout for this very out of shape gal - especially with no gears to baby me along!

I was disturbed to notice that I had a lot of oedema around my ankles last night ... pitting oedema. I assumed it was because of spending a number of hours driving around with DH yesterday afternoon. But, it was still there this morning. Much improved but still there. Wondering what this means ... should I worry or should I just do a detox. I'll see if it settles down - otherwise I guess I'll be seeing the doc.

It was so beautiful at the lake/river today. So many trees are blooming and the lake was still as a mirror. The river is running pretty high already and there is a LOT of snow that hasn't even started to melt. Thinking we may have floods this spring again. The river is totally different after the floods and our favourite haunts are no longer there. Kind of sad. I guess we'll just have to make some new ones.

Comment

• As you are a nurse I am sure you know that if you experience shortness of breath you need to go to the hospital, right? Have you taken your pulse?

Biking is the bomb!

Comment

Working...
                                X