No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coll, great news about the house. I'm so pleased for you.

Also, good news about the digestion and especially sleeping better, that's got to be good for you. Onward and upward.
    Have a blessed day.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• What great news about the house! I am so happy and excited for you! So nice you are getting away from the place you are in - no more landlord barging in not to mention the problem child.

Sleep is so important, isn't it? I am sleeping better myself these days, very deeply and also very pleasant vivid dreams.

Good luck on the ADF, new beginnings all around!
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Thanks Annie and Siobhan, spring is good for new starts! Today is my first down day DD. I am ready for a change! We'll see how it goes. I need to keep tabs on my water intake as I seem to be rather dehydrated at the moment.
        Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
        Primal low: 186 lbs
        Current weight: 221.4 lbs
        Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Good to hear about the house, Coll. With that much space, you should be able to do some gardening/chickens on the sly. Not that I am advocating breaking the law! Just talking possibilities.

Comment

• We're not going to 'break' the law - just bend it Sabine. The land has a very high water table so we are planning on planting some trees to help soak up some of that excess water and I am certainly going to plant some shrubs and native plants to spruce the place up a bit - it looks really stark at the moment. Fortunately there is a big deck and I plan on having a bunch of veggies etc in containers since I can't garden. I don't think there are any covenants about that. I think there is a way to use water that is not from the well to water the new trees etc once I have them in.

My first DD went well yesterday though I was constantly having to tell myself no. It is always easier when you have gotten into the habit of doing something. I just need to persist until the habit takes hold The real test comes today, as in the past, when I started eating on my UD that triggered nasty gut issues. Hoping that if I wait to have my tea (no caffeine for ages now - just Honeybush tea) kind of with breakfast and take sufficient of the enzymes that there will not be an issue. Also the RS and probiotics with breakfast. I'll let you know if I had any repercussions .... not sure what I'll do if I do. I'll work on that if it does happen.

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Well, no gut issues today as a result of eating Yippee! My scale is having low battery issues right now so I can't track my weight. I like to chart how it goes - I love charts and lists etc.

Today I had pancakes for breakfast - banana and egg and almond butter ... yummy. Probably too high carb since I had some maple syrup on them - but not going to sweat it for now. Just getting back into the UDDDD for the moment. I spent the afternoon outside today and am feeling like I got a dose of sun. We got to play with the goat babies again and it was fun. We had them snuggling on our laps and trying to climb our legs I'm off to bed.

Comment

• Goats!

Comment

• I am so jealous of the goat play! GOATS!!! GOATS!!! Can you have goats? Does no chickens mean no goats?

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• No chickens, no goats, no garden But we may be able to swing something after a while ... in the Lord's hands....

Comment

• Indoor goats! Although I know all about neighbors that will rat on you, etc. Have plenty of that in the various places I have lived.

Comment

• Lol Siobhan - even tiny goats can put out a LOT of pee! I can't imagine that inside The friend who has the goat kids had the 3 bottle babies in a dog crate in the house. She is VERY happy that the weather is now so much warmer ...

Another DD under my belt ... it went reasonably well. I felt pretty good today - I wasn't hungry in the morning so I didn't bother with breakfast and waited until lunch time to eat a grapefruit and a burger patty. Dinner was a BAS and a salmon filet. I haven't gotten around to counting my calories today and suspect that I may have over eaten ... Yup, I just went onto myfitnesspal and I was a bit over. (the avo I had on my salad!) Forgot how many calories that has!! Not good on a DD

I thought I'd share a pic or two of the goat babies for those goat lovers out there. One pic is of DD being mobbed by the kids who were all vying for a place on her lap or trying to nibble her hair or suck her fingers. And the second one is one of the bottle babies taking a nap next to her in the sun after a bottle of milk!
                        20140408_165909.jpg

20140408_165850.jpg

Comment

• Oh my goodness!! The most adorable thing I've seen in a very long time.

Comment

• I'm dying of cuteness here!

Comment

• Well, the snow is flying and we are not going to get that house Yet another disappointment. BUT I feel that it is the right decision. The inspection was eye opening (hubby is very good at what he does) and we just realized that we would be taking on a big project and would need to pour a bunch of money (that we don't have!) into the place and no guarantee that we could sell it again in a couple/3 years time. When we first looked at it we were taken in by the cuteness - but the reality is a whole different ball game with an incredible amount of water going into the basement and being pumped out all day and night. That would fill a swimming pool in no time at all - I shudder to think what would happen if the sump pump went out while we were away for a weekend or something!!!!! Still have to tell the kids - poor things, they were so excited about moving there ... I am not looking forward to telling them.

So it's back to the drawing board for us and waiting and praying for something to come up. In a way I am relieved as the thought of buying a place where we can't have a garden or chickens (or goats) is rather a huge sacrifice. I am glad to be off the hook as far as that goes. The first place we looked at is back on the market - but no way we can get it with the sellers refusal to ensure that the well is working. So now we wait and pray and work on being grateful for a roof over our heads!

I have lost about 4 pounds this week and am VERY grateful for slightly better fitting fat clothes! Such a relief to put on clothes and not be squeezed uncomfortably! We are taking both Sat and Sun for up days and then will make Monday, Wednesday and Friday the down days. I can feel that my gut would love to go crazy on me but between the probiotics, resistant starch and digestive enzymes I am able to fend off any nasty reactions at the moment.

Comment

• Sorry about the house but it does seem for the best. I have run into the same problems here in Maine when I have considered purchasing property. Anything in my price range comes with HUGE problems - needs new roof, new foundation, new wiring, new plumbing, is completely uninsulated, etc. Too much for little old me to take on, even if the purchase price is very low and my mortgage payments would be very reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                                X