Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the cutest rocks, Coll.

Good news on the sleeping, all the best for the blood tests - here's hoping you can get to the bottom of it all.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Thanks Annie. Waiting for and working toward a positive change
      Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
      Primal low: 186 lbs
      Current weight: 221.4 lbs
      Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Those are adorable. I care my small one around as a 'pocket charm', and she's fun to take out and play with during the day. Did you know that in Germany ladybugs are called 'luckbugs'?

Comment

• I did not know that Sabine - in South Africa we call them ladybirds I am glad you are still happy with your purchase ... if you ever have a few minutes with nothing to do it would be nice if you left a review on my shop page ...

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Doing a last minute rush order for my landlords daughters birthday party - he wanted 8 painted rocks as party favors. I think they turned out really cute - hopefully the kids like them. I like painting for kids. They love bright colors and don't expect everything to be subdued and 'matching'. I'll take a few pics before I send them tomorrow. I enjoyed making them and got a whole bunch started for the craft fair too.

I was horrified to find that my fat pants are tight and uncomfortable I am hoping that it is partly Aunt Flo's fault as I have actually lost a couple of pounds. I know the thyroid stuff causes you to retain weight around your middle and that seems to be what is happening. I couldn't get to the lab to get my bloods drawn today, couldn't make an appointment as they are booked until next Friday already. The weather has been cold and the roads were really icy and snowy today. Our maximum yesterday was 20F and today's was 29F. Growing up in South Africa does not prepare one for driving in slick conditions I am afraid to say. I am a wimp when it comes to dealing with winter driving conditions and even more so now that I have two kids to consider. I left off taking my thyroid hormone today for the tests and will have to do so again tomorrow - I didn't notice any difference today, we'll see if I notice anything tomorrow.

I am waiting to make a final pizza for us tomorrow night and need to print up the lists of what is ok and what isn't ok to eat and then I'll be starting the AIProtocol. I can see a lot of sweet potatoes and parsnips etc in my future. Luckily they are really tasty when roasted! I found wild caught salmon on sale - $9.99 for 2.5lbs! I got a couple bags. Dh bought a leg of lamb for Thanksgiving. I am sad that I can't find New Zealand leg of lamb with the bone in anymore Digging the marrow out of the bones is a heavenly treat and they make the most awesome soup too.

I bought two 'free range' organic chickens today to make a big batch of soup with. They were both slightly frozen still and I am going to cook them tomorrow so I don't have another wasted chicken. I am very wary of the chicken now after having to throw away two lots in the last two weeks! I am craving chicken soup though so hopefully these two are good. If not I will be dragging them back to the meat department...

I am going to have a good soak in an Epsom salt and essential oil bath tonight. I am craving chocolate again - the not good kind and am wondering if I am low in Magnesium. I have not been putting the oil on pre shower as it is too cold to stand around scantily clad waiting for it to absorb. That is definitely more of a summer protocol! Our house is kept at about 60F in the day and I turn it down to 50F before the kids bedtime or else DS is sweating and having nightmares.

Comment

• I got in bright and early and bloods are drawn ... I am hoping this will show a bit more of what is going on. I slept really well last night after my lovely soak in the tub I had leftover sausage and some leftover roast veggies for breakfast.

I picked up some audiobooks by one of my favourite authors yesterday. They really help me to reconnect with my African roots and ease the homesickness in one way and in another they ramp it up. Just delightful stories. Alexander McCall Smith is the author and the stories I love are the ones written about Precious Ramotswe in Botswana. I listened to some of that while driving to the lab and back. I have started listening to audiobooks while painting - I rather enjoy having my mind engaged in a story while painting.

The party favour rocks for the 5 year old girls party :-D

DSCN7901.jpg

Comment

• A better day in some respects - less chocolate down the hatch. A bunch of bacon instead Sipping a 'glass' of homemade cherry wishniak while I make primal pizza for the family. Yum!

DSCN7903.jpg

Comment

• Those are rocking owls!

Comment

• Thanks Sabine, they were a lot of fun to paint. Kept trying to think what a 5 year old would like. It helps that my two are not that old yet and they give me lots of feedback

Comment

• Anyone would love those owls! They are so cute!

I'm trying to leave a review on your shop, beats me how you do it! Will keep trying.
                      Last edited by Siobhan; 11-25-2013, 08:21 AM.
                      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Lol Siobhan, that got me wondering too. I think what you have to do is go to your account and there is an option for purchases and reviews ... the reviews are open after a certain date after your purchase and then it expires (I think) Hope that is helpful.

I seem to have off loaded some of the bloat that was going on for a while. Down to 217.2lbs this morning. Still very large, but at least I don't have that ghastly bloated balloon feeling! I am delighted to say that the lotion I got for my feet is helping a lot. My feet were covered in cracks that bled and big chunks of skin peeling off and standing up, shudder! Now, while I have cracks they are not nearly as deep as they were, not painful at all, and the skin chunks are much calmer and no longer standing at attention and hooking on everything. They say to use it for at least 2 weeks, but it is less than that and still a remarkable improvement. What a relief!

This next month is just crazy busy. From Thanksgiving on is full - both of the kids have their birthdays in December which just amps up the craziness. I still haven't done the birthday shopping and Christmas shopping. Trying to figure out how much to spend this year. We have had so many vehicle expenses these last few months!! We had to take my vehicle in as the water pump went out and then there were a whole bunch of 'little' things like hoses and belts and new tires and brakes and... and... and... it is crazy how much we have spent on the vehicles! Supposed to be saving to ship my folks good to SA, but it is just not going to happen at the moment. We are also needing to save up for a move in the spring - hopefully to our own place but either way the landlord has told us that we need to be out by May because they are going to be getting rid of the trailer we live it to pretty up the place. Typical old trailer it really is an eye sore ... don't blame them really. I just hate how much we have to pay to live in this POS though ... it just seems wrong. Oh well, it was our choice and at least it is in a beautiful area. The housing market here is just crazy though ... I wonder what we are going to find eventually when we are able to buy. Certainly nothing in town - even a place that needs tons of work is over $200 000. I know that is nothing if you are from a place like California, but we moved from SC where the property prices are waaaaayyyy lower and it is rather disheartening looking at these houses and seeing what you get for your money!

We are in time crunch mode for the craft fair now ... I have loads of half painted rocks that are begging for attention ... it just feels as though everything conspires to keep me away from them though! No more custom orders until after the craft fair! I think part of the problem is that I am not only doing my rocks but helping both of the kids with their offerings as there is a good portion that they can't do or can't do unsupervised. Just not quite ready to let DD loose on the guillotine style paper cutter and DS can't melt chocolate on his own etc. etc. Hopefully DD will be able to most of the rest of the cards on her own once all the chopping is done ... DS is just too young to have some independent craft skill. So it is kind of Mommy's craft fair with both hands in every 'pie' that is presented.

I have a day of running around mailing and grocery shopping etc I have a big pot of chicken stock/ soup on the stove. I don't know why but sleeping with the smell of food cooking just is hard for me. Whenever I cook up a pot of stock and it simmers away for a day or so it wakes me up all night long. DS has climbed into bed with us two nights in a row now after having bad dreams. The first night wasn't too bad but last night he kept following me and lying right against me with knees either in my back or stomach! Doesn't make for a very restful night I must say. He slept great of course

We have our truck up for sale and aside from some idiot that offered a ridiculously low price without even seeing it we have had no interest. Part of me hopes that no-one buys it as it is so useful and we use it all the time. With a move coming up in the spring it will be so helpful to have. I just dread finding out how much the landlord wants to charge us for keeping it though ... we are hoping that if we offer to park it around behind a large pine tree that he might let us get away without paying for it. I guess we'll see if it doesn't sell by the end of the month ....

Comment

• I ate a bar of chocolate yesterday evening and half a bar before breakfast this morning (only because DH had eaten the other half) What is wrong with me!!!?? I am so bloated this morning that I can barely button my pants Time to find those big girl panties that I seem to have mislaid and get myself on track again.

Comment

• Chocolate does call to one, doesn't it? It is like nature's perfect food.

I found out how to post a review! You are right, go to 'My Account' and it has a section 'Purchases and Reviews.'

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Thanks so much Siobhan for the glowing review. I really appreciate you taking the time - it just takes my shop to the next level.

Comment

• You are very welcome, it is all true and you will be a great success!

Comment

Working...
                                X