No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had a lovely weekend away for our anniversary. 13 years - seems impossible that it has been that long and yet it seems as though we have been together forever too. I have been so blessed to have my hubby - he is a one in a million kind of guy. Took me shopping at Cabela's on our way home from camping - fun!

I have my little shop up and running at last and people are starting to stop by and look at the items. Quite exciting and scary all at the same time. Part of me is afraid that no-one will buy anything, and I am still trying to figure out what shipping is going to end up costing. But I am getting there - definitely quite the learning curve. I got to bed way too late last night - just stupid really. Not like I was doing anything particularly inspiring - reading a library book is all. As if I can't read it during the day - undisciplined is what I am. And of course I have paid for it today with feeling tired.

I can hear the coyotes hunting outside - our pooch is not fond of them, not that I blame her. And when there is snow in the backyard I get to see who came through and they often take a tour of the backyard while chasing a rabbit. Yet another reason why our dog is an indoor dog.

I am going to start taking Vit K2 after doing more reading about it - no issues with toxicity and it is important to take with Vit D3 especially when on higher doses, (which I am). I had to cut about 6 inches of hair off when I last saw the hairdresser. Pretty shocking for me - but it was in awful shape and I had to. I have had really long hair for many years and the hairdressers are usually so complimentary about what great condition it is in. Not this time!

I picked up a bunch of willow twigs and thin branches this weekend and am having fun making letter openers/ wooden knives. Something very fun about whittling... therapeutic too!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Can we look at your shop?
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Happy anniversary, and good luck with your shop. I'm sure your long hair will grow back, and meanwhile it will look nicer even if not quite so long.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• THanks Annieh It does look better. And Siobhan, if you really want to look at my shop you can - it is very simple and low key. You can look for Livingpebbles on Etsy.com It is pretty nerve wracking putting that out there - always hard to show people things you made....

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• They are wonderful! I want them all! You are so talented!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Blush! Thanks Siobhan And Sabine broke the ice for me and bought my first couple pebbles - so exciting. Off to the post office once school is done! Yippee!

Comment

• I was jazzed when I saw them. Couldn't resist.

Comment

• They're certainly very cool. Here's to many more sales.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Thanks all ....

I am going to have to really get focused with my eating again. I have no idea what I am eating and how much of each macro. But my weight is drifting upward now, which is a horrible sensation. 210 pounds today - but I am feeling slightly better now that I have added more carbs in. I am also sleeping better - about 8 hours every night and honestly I feel as though I could sleep another 2 hours every morning. I don't know if my body is playing catch up - hopefully it all settles in a while here. I really REALLY don't want to gain much more weight. Freaky feeling - my body is just doing its own thing and I am feeling very unsure of what to do. Deep breaths - not going to panic.

I am taking a walk most days now with the kids - it is not far and not much, but the best I can do with my tendonitis and limited energy. DH is fighting off a cold so poor guy was snoring big time last night. Thank heavens for earplugs Very helpful. I just put one in my top ear and then switch it around when I turn over, I can't lie on an earplugged ear and feel too vulnerable when I can't hear if something is going on.

Comment

• Do you take special requests? I think my mom would love a cat one
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I am willing to do special requests, but haven't tried cats yet.... I could try some cutesy ones, but the realistic ones are not in my scope yet I'm working on some bigger projects like a 10 lb emperor penguin and chick, a barn owl face etc. at the moment as well as a bunch of others all in various stages of completion. Hoping to get a significant amount of painting done this weekend - been itching to paint for days and days, but have been so busy setting up the etsy shop that painting has had to wait. Plus getting school done has been quite the effort this week - some weeks are just heavy going. Especially after having been away camping for the weekend, then the kids REALLY don't want to work. Ah well, hopefully next week will be better and I can actually paint while they happily work (ha ha, living in cloud cuckoo land I know!)

I am too tired to do anything this evening except maybe read a book for half an hour this evening. Hoping to get to bed nice and early and sleep long and hard. I went shopping this afternoon for a couple pairs of jeans. I have gained enough weight that nothing fits except a few very worn and thin pants and I need something more substantial for the cold weather that is showing up. Depressing having to buy something bigger But hopefully I will get all this thyroid and adrenal fatigue stuff sorted out and see my body settling into a healthier mode again. I just started taking Vit K2 to complement my Vit D2 and hope that this will be helpful too. On a good note, my skin lesions are waaaaayyyy better than they have been for a very, very long time. I think starting tomorrow I need to really get going with tracking my macros again.

Comment

• I don't want to be one of those people who gets into something and then starts recommending it to everyone, but have you considered Alternate Day Fasting? I was reading through your aches and pains, and it seemed a lot of them might be helped with reduction of inflammation, which ADF is shown to improve.

Just wanted to throw it out there.

I got the owl Idid because it was one of the realistic ones, which I, personally, love. Lizards would be awesome, too.

Comment

• I don't think ADF is going to work with the thyroid issues at present. I was doing IF and between the low carb and IF I think it pushed me over the edge as far as my thyroid goes Otherwise, I would do it - I have watched you and your results and have thought about it, but I need to get my thyroid going again. Thanks for the idea though Sabine. I do have classic signs and symptoms of inflammation, arthritic big toe joint, tendonitis, auto immune stuff etc, but I think that as my hormones settle that stuff will improve too.

Owls/ raptors are my favourites and I, myself, prefer realistic looking critters. I am hoping to add in some turtles and maybe lizards, frogs, possibly a skunk or a raccoon - but I will always be doing the owls. Just enjoy them.

Comment

• If you get a chance, try to listen to Christa Orrechio's thyroid presentation. I will let you know if it is available again. I think it will be because it was really popular. I hope so because I want to listen to it again myself.

Comment

• I would love to listen to that presentation - all part of educating myself. I have been reading a bunch of Chris Kresser's stuff, some really good information there too.

Almost finished painting the emperor penguin and chick, my biggest project yet. Challenging and fun... I am hoping to use the rock painting to finance an industrial sewing machine for sewing leather ... we'll see if that happens huh?! Fun to try anyway and the process is a blast.

DH is in the throes of making his first braintanned buckskin! The kids are out there helping stir the skin in the lime solution Pretty exciting - I can see there will be a lot of claims on the first few skins for making various articles of clothing. I know DS wants some old fashioned breeches with suspender belt, DH has a myriad of ideas of what he wants and I am thinking of a buckskin dress .... good thing he has a bunch of hides waiting to be worked on. I think he'll be getting some serious exercise too. Nothing easy about making the buckskin - but super awesome to see a hide turn into something so durable and useful! I will keep you posted on how it turns out. I have so many ideas on craft type things to try and make at least a partial living off of.

I have started drinking more raw milk. Taking it like a supplement. Going to see if it helps at all with some of the inflammation. I know most folk are very leery of milk, but I am a firm believer in the benefits (certainly for our family) I know some folk can't tolerate it and I don't expect them to drink it. I usually avoid drinking it because it is so pricey - but I have been reading about how many good things are in there and some of them are really helpful in a lot of diseases. So I decided to start drinking a cup a few times a day. It is a pretty nice combo as far as the macros go - especially as I am trying to up my carb intake without partaking of too much fructose or any sugar. Each cup is 8g fat, 8 g protein and 12 g carbs. Not a bad snack and I am interested to see how I go with this. Going to try and keep a close eye on any changes for the worse or better.

Comment

Working...
                                X