No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last time we went to this place I was pregnant with our first kiddo.... and we saw a few moose then - that was more than 10 years ago. I hope they have multiplied - I know the reintroduction program has gone well with the moose in Colorado. I will see if I can get some nice shots for you Siobhan

A busy day under the belt. I got a bee in my bonnet over the linen closet so emptied the whole thing out and reorganized it. I was looking for old sheets to use for the camper. I want to make us each a camping sheet - where the sheet is stitched into a bag and is for warmer weather. DS and I get hot easily so we need them a lot of the time. Hubby and dear daughter love to snuggle under layers when son and I are sweating and grumpy Isn't it funny how different we all are?

My laundry pile was annihilated today - three full loads later! Whew! Re-organised my counter space and found a home for my food processor. Of course as a result I don't have anywhere to put the bird seed now. The problem is that this house is not mouse proof so there are a lot of spaces in my cupboards that are not used. I can't stand cleaning everything and then when I go to use it there is mouse poop on it - no can do I am afraid. Hubby did a great job getting all the holes closed and we haven't had a mouse for ages - fall and winter were mouseless. Then I found the two decomposing corpses in the base of two cabinets again the other day and it just reinforced that I cannot store anything that mice can mess with down there. The other thing is that the bottom of the cabinets are so grimy and while I have cleaned out the moose poop from the infestations prior to our arrival here - it is a huge chore to try and get them clean enough that I could safely put anything food related on those surfaces. So they are just the no-go zones.

I did a lot of walking and bending and squatting etc today. I am looking forward to bed tonight. It is cool and rainy this evening and I LOVE going to bed with that kind of weather. I am enjoying sleeping with our window wide open directly over my head. I feel almost as if I am camping - I wake up with the light of the sun and the birds all bustling about. We have a wonderful blue spruce tree in the backyard that is like a multistory apartment building!! There are SO many birds nesting in there and all winter long, the birds that don't migrate, shelter in the dense, dark foliage. The kids have named it (the tree that is) Shield. And then there is a big cottonwood whose name is Girth (it has a really big trunk and big low branches) and out front next to the bird feeder is a pine called Sanctuary. Isn't that cute? Our chickens love to hide out under 'Shield' and take dust baths without worrying about the airborne predators. We are really privileged to live around all these trees and the irrigation ditch - it is so lush compared to the surrounding areas. Just across the street it gets very arid and back to the high dessert of Colorado. We have so many species of birds around and the resident deer that come through evening and morning, the bunnies, the fox and coyotes, raccoons and skunks and loads of garter snakes etc etc. We are blessed to be waiting for our own place in a beautiful place like this.

It has been soooo windy the last few days. Hubby bought me a stunning rose bush for Mother's Day and it had three buds on and a lot of very tender new growth. The darn wind and snapped off one of the buds I have snugged it inbetween some clumps of lilacs that seem to be shielding it adequately from the heavy gusts. That is when it is very handy having so many of my plants in pots. I can just pick them up and move them when the conditions are not good. The grass is growing so fast at the moment. Lots of sunshine, rain, cool weather. Hubby just finished mowing and the back yard is looking very shaggy again. I enjoy mowing most of the time - unless there are loads of stones that get thrown up. Will have to attack the grass again tomorrow afternoon if there is no more rain.

I am gradually losing a little weight - I have lost 4 pounds gradually over the last week or so. It is a relief to not be going up in numbers! I am eating three meals a day and trying to keep it low key at the moment.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• OK, just had a creepy 'conversation' with someone I was in highschool with! He was online on facebook when I was and was very pushy about wanting to video chat to tell me something. I just had a weird vibe and felt rather exposed - and I don't want to show my bloated just woke up face to anyone but my family. I lied and said that I didn't have video capabilities ... don't know why I just felt like there is something not cool about him. Shudder! I think I may just unfriend him - I don't like that kind of vibe - like I am prey and he is predator.

Tomorrow is my birthday - hubby only has one inspection tomorrow so will be home for the morning - lovely. Then we leave early the next morning with our little tiny camper We are all looking forward to it so much. We hope to go fishing and for lovely walks - lovely fun!

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Talk to buddy from highschool one more time. Ask him what it is he needs to tell you and request that if it's necessary to share that you would prefer a telephone call or an email. There may be something legitimate he wants to share about a past common friend or something. If you delete him you'll never know.

Happy almost getting older!
        SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
        Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
        Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
        Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
        Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
        Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Thanks Ecks, I will tell him if he has anything to tell me he can send me a message/ e-mail. I am not giving him my phone number - another class mate that I was good friends with has unfriended him because she felt he was stalking her ... in fact she is off facebook altogether as a result of his harassment. The way he worded things was pretty suggestive (I got hubby to read it and he said he sure sounded like he was 'fishing') and yet I will give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment. I tried to get the conversation around to his family but he wasn't going there ...

Today I was spoiled by my lovely family - new fishing tackle box, just in time for our weekend away and some new pruners - really good ones (YIPPEE) and some fun books. And a lovely hot mug of tea in bed I had great fun organizing my tackle earlier - the kids can't wait to go fishing again!! They are both out in the East Pasture practicing their casting - too cute. DS already lost a bubble in the long grass

I had a couple fried eggs and a biiiigg bowl of salad for breakfast. I think I may also eat the last avo before it goes bad - delicious! Also, I am delighted as my favourite tea is back in stock on Amazon and it arrived this morning (I haven't had it for ages because of it being out of stock and imported....) Enjoying my cup of tea.

Today is going to be busy with packing and organizing the camper, take the dog to the doggie vacation spot (she loves it!) and pick up the groceries we're taking. We are going to stay at a KOA campground this time around so quite civilized for a change. Bathroom facilities and power - first time we will have camped so luxuriously Hopefully it is not too busy with it being Memorial day weekend - but I think it is far enough out that it shouldn't be too bad. We are going to have a whole two nights away - that is pretty unusual in itself. Part of running your own business especially when you are just starting up. I grew up in a country where vacation is a norm and everyone takes about a month off every year - and it is paid vacation I might add! I REALLY miss that part of my culture!!! It is such a great time to rest and refresh and I believe makes for a much more efficient and energetic worker.

Comment

• Have a wonderful time! You are probably already gone and won't see this until you come back. I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Stay away from creepy guy. If he really had something important to tell you, he wouldn't have insisted on a video chat. Personally I hate that stuff. It feels like an invasion to me, and is invariably awkward. Of course I'm an old fart. But a man with good intentions will go to great lengths to make it clear that he isn't...you know.
            My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Hope you're having an absolutely splendid weekend.

I'm with Siobhan on this one. Especially after hearing about your other girlfriend. If he's on the up and up, he can just tell you whatever it is. He shouldn't be telling you anything really private. You don't have a relationship for that. ecks is just really brave and a guy. Tee hee!

Wow! You fish too. You ARE amazing. Pan fried trout. Yep.
              Last edited by lopisheep; 05-25-2013, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• I agree with the ladies, just trust your gut feeling on this and defriend him!
                My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Thanks all for your support! We had a lovely weekend away - ate pan fried trout and lots of bacon and eggs

With regards to the 'friend' on facebook - I 'unfriended' him. And I blocked him too so that he can't contact me at all through FB. I know that my other friend had unfriended him and he bugged her until she refriended him. She felt like he was 'stalking' her and I didn't want a repeat of what he did to her. I was raised to be polite above just about anything else and that is a real handicap when this type of situation comes up! I find myself wanting to be polite even though I am feeling super uncomfortable, and as DH said, he is not being polite at all by pushing and being suggestive and yet I want to be polite. Silly!

I shall have to share a few pictures from this weekend - breathtaking natural beauty!! The trout were very shy, only caught two which were devoured in short order. There is still about a foot of snow up there and the lake only recently thawed. The trout were only stocked a few days ago so I think they're still settling in to their new home.

Despite my best efforts I got sunburned. The sun at that altitude is harsh indeed. My poor arms are very irritated right now - I did wear my sunscreen shirt and sun hat and sun block but still got too much. The reflected light is so strong and when you are out for hours in it ... well, you get burned. And I had forgotten the strength of the sun up there the first afternoon and that is where the most of the damage happened.

Comment

• Hi Coll, I like your journal with your camping fishing and gardening adventures. Inspiring.
                    Hope the sunburn fades soon, Annieh
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• I'm glad to hear of the steps you took with this guy. These manipulative sorts know that decent people are polite and have morals and use those things against them if they can.

Can't wait to see your pics! And hope the sunburn cools fast.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Yep. Well-handled.

Sunburns are no fun. Hopefully, it goes away really really immediately. I wear hats and long pants and shirts in the sun -- having very pale Swedish-Irish skin!

Okay, where are those pictures? BTW, how do you keep warm in your trailer when camping? Do you have propane heaters or...?

Comment

• Annieh l- glad you enjoy my saga's And thanks Siobhan and Pam - I felt so relieved to have the weirdo off my FB page - I was avoiding going on because I was afraid I would 'bump' into him again and have another awkward interlude! Whew!

Such a lovely sleep last night! Nothing like home after sleeping on a hard bed for the weekend! We don't have heat in the camper - we just bundle up. It was pretty chilly our 2nd night out - but not too bad, only about 36F (outside) I think. I didn't even get into my sleeping bag - just a sheet and a couple of blankets. We tend to get hot rather than cold. My sunburn is pretty much done - it is just the lesions on my arms that are still angry. Aloe gel is REALLY good for settling burn down fast - I swear by it in fact. I was quite pleased as I took some old sheets and sewed them into a bag shape for each of us. They work really well and everyone really liked theirs.

OK - here are some pictures for you all to enjoy vicariously...

DSCN6433.jpg

DSCN6451.jpg

DSCN6446.jpg

I got lots of exercise in the form of walking and standing and squatting. Our camper was parked as far from the bathrooms as you could get at the campgrounds which was nice from one point of view - much more private. But was a bit of a pain when trips to the bathroom needed to happen. The downside of camping at a campground! It is much easier when you are in the wilderness and can 'go' outside without hiking both ways! I am going to head out and do some mowing in a minute here. We had our first harvest from the garden last night - the spinach has exploded and is sooo tender and crisp. I have started buying the prewashed spring herb mix and then just adding odds and ends to that. I know it costs more - but it gets eaten! My version of convenience food - I hate making salad for some reason... I love eating it though.

Comment

• Gorgeous gorgeous pix.
                            Annie Ups the Ante
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• So beautiful! And you are one tough woman! Yikes, I would have been freezing.

Comment

• Not tough Siobhan! I just have always preferred cold weather - you will see the wimp emerge when it gets hot! I start whining and looking for shade while everyone else is still wearing sweaters! I would blame it on my fat but I was like that when I was slim too.

Thanks Annie! I got a good dose of beauty in my bucket this weekend. Just stopped every now and again to soak it in and try to remember the sights and smells and sensations! Off to mow some more this afternoon - the mower ran out of fuel this morning and so I quit and did other things including reading a book and clearing out the camper, dishes and laundry. All that inspiring every day stuff. Some days I get so sick of dishes and laundry!!! Such a thankless job in some ways, though DH is always grateful for clean clothes - good man that!

Comment

Working...
                                X