No announcement yet.

Primal journal : Coll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallelujah! The new computer arrived today and is set up and running just fine!! I am thrilled to bits

I am feeling slightly better today - less fever but plenty of the other stuff. Crappy stuff Going to go and sit outside for a while as the sun is shining and I need to get out of the house for a little bit. DH is wanting for us to get going with some exercise once we are both over the sickness. This is new for him - he was always of the opinion that you run to get away from something that chases you. But he is no longer working as a carpenter and is feeling the need for movement! I am delighted as it is so much easier to do stuff if you are doing it with someone.

I have gained a couple pounds the last few days - too many cough drops with sugar and loads of tea for my sore throat! Spring is in the air lately and I am itching to get moving again.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Coughing up a lung today, still got a sore throat - I am READY to be done with this darn bug! Feeling really bad if I am up for long. I spent long enough on the computer to realise that we unwittingly bought a computer with windows XP - not too cool. DH is going to have to buy a windows 7 later ... I guess we live and learn. We are just rather computer illiterate and it is like sending the kids out to play in the traffic letting us loose on buying computer bits and pieces!

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I'm sorry you are all so ill. Hang in there.

Comment

• {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Get Better!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Hey Coll, hope you're all better by now!
            My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
            My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
            Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
            Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Starting to feel a lot better - thanks for the caring folks Not a nice bug that! Still don't feel 100% - get really tired really quickly, still have a bit of a sore throat, my ears still feel plugged and the sinuses are still productive. I spent most of the last week in bed ... haven't been sick like that for years. And with no exercise and eating covenience style I have gained another 5 lbs leaving me at 199.2lbs this morning!!!! YIKES! So today I am going to ease back into every day life by trying to catch up with some of the mountain of laundry that has accumulated and multiplied unrestrained in the bathroom! And going to try to catch up on dishes and a dirty house - just going to do some of it though because I have to keep sitting down or lying down. Don't want to overdo it - esp as I had a limited amount of sleep last night. Only got to sleep somewhere near two am - my heart was pounding and it was as if I could hear someone running heavy machinery in the distance ... so loud for a while, and of course the post nasal drip (or river really!), sore and dry throat, and the accompanying cough all contributed. But I am able to be about today so that is a definite step in the right direction.

Going to try and get some veg into me today - I haven't felt up to standing up for long enough to prep and cook anything... we'll see.

Comment

• Coll, what do you use as filler for the heat/cool packs you made for that craft fair?

Comment

• Sounds like you had a bad case of the flu! Take it easy, and give your body time to heal! Big hugs .
                  My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                  My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                  Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                  Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Glad to hear you are better. Take it easy, though, ease back into things.
                    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Sabine I used millet seed - I got a big sack of it from the local feed store for a few bucks. Then I added some herbs - lavender flowers, or thyme, rosemary that kind of thing....

Much better day today - it helped so much that I had a pretty decent nights sleep too. Still tired - bit of an upset tummy today and still get tired easily. Mostly caught up with the laundry and I sat outside for a while and enjoyed the fresh air and having my feet on the cool earth. Even got DD to take her shoes off for a change. DS is a die hard barefooter - cute as pie too. Got to go and get some dinner ready - and am going to try and have another early night tonight. I IF'ed until lunch time today which felt really good, going to try to do the same tomorrow again. Makes for a clearer head and more disciplined eating. For lunch I had an avocado, elk and jalapeno brat (!) a few macadamias, and an apple and a chunk of cheese. I had kefir too to try and settle my gut. Really not feeling up to making dinner but I want a decent meal tonight and DH has been working hard all day and could do with a nice meal to come home to.

Comment

• Got some tummy issues at the moment - can't figure out if it is something I am eating or if it is just the tail end of the 'flu. Not nice though ... hopefully tomorrow the tummy is fine as we are going to the St Patricks day parade in town and I don't like the idea of an upset stomach while standing on a street corner!!

Got a nasty fire started up nearby again - very windy day and the fire was at about 800 acres late this afternoon. Just over the hill and before the next one!! The kids were pretty freaked out by it and then there was an accident just about a hundred yards down the road I think as a result of all the emergency vehicles rushing down the road!! Our road closed off for about half an hour and a number of people loaded into ambulances! What a crazy day ... just praying for snow to arrive. Not far off from water restrictions - we need at least 8 feet of snow in the mountains to get us out of immediate trouble water wise.

Comment

• OK, here I am again. What a mess I am in at the moment. Yesterday was a good one to be done with and start again!! I started out with a bar of chocolate before breakfast, three tiny tubs of icecream before lunch, and two big helpings of cauliflower fried rice for dinner. I left out having tea for a couple of days and had no tummy issues at all. I think I overdosed on caffeine ... Anyway, today is a new day and I am starting over, AGAIN! Hit 200 lbs today ... glad in a way that I hadn't gotten around to getting rid of the old clothes that were so big for me ... I am using them again

I started today with 2 fried eggs, 1/2 avo and a cup of tea with heavy cream. Going to keep the tea to one cup a day for the moment - much easier since it is not so cold anymore. Going to try going VLC and high fat and medium protein for the next while. DH is very busy with work so I am able to use his office computer today and probably tomorrow. I am hoping to have my computer running properly in the next few days ... just waiting for some software to arrive in the mail today. I am going to try and track my macros from today too. I would like to get my calories below 1500 just to start out and let my body adjust to VLC over the next few days.

The kids and I are going to pack up some of their toys, partly in preparation for moving but also so that the floor can be found at the end of the day - it is too much otherwise. The fire that was burning close by seems to be mostly under control now - very glad. TOday is supposed to be bad fire weather so hopefully the lines will hold through today. The wind will be picking up again, warm and humidity below 15%!! Not good ... we are all a bit gun shy with regards to the fires after last years drama. We are hoping to hear any day now that we can go ahead and start the process of getting preapproved for buying a home. The last bit of waiting seems to be the hardest. We have found a place that we really like - needs lots of work etc but hopefully is in our price range. But there is no way to move until we can make an offer ... every day I check to see if it is still on the market, and so far it is. I think it is very overpriced at the moment ... might be in our favour for the moment but really praying that the seller would be willing to come down to a more reasonable price. Two places that are very similar just showed up on the market and they also show that it is overpriced. Guess we'll see and I have to just sit tight for the moment ... if we could get this place we'd be able to get our own cows and chickens etc and be able to grow our own food!! Got my fingers all crossed ...

Hopefully todays better eating (helped by the fact that there is nothing left of the crappy food!) will see me feeling better and regaining some of the ground I have lost over the last few weeks!

Comment

• It was a reasonable day yesterday - certainly doesn't make it into the good day category, but, I also didn't eat loads of chocolate and mostly ate ok portions of primal stuff. Too many nuts - but still better in my book than bars of chocolate!! As a result I did lose about a pound of water weight. Yippee, at least a move in the right direction. Waiting for my computer to come back from getting fixed and then I will try to get on the tracking macros stuff. Right now just trying to keep away from the chocolate and sugar and get things generally more stable.

Trying to not let the stress get to me - just feeling like certain family members are SUCH a HEAVY burden. Worrying about what on earth we will do if one of them needs hospitalization! Can't even imagine how long it would take to pay it off - probably be bankrupt. Trying to figure out how to take care of them without sacrificing our little family too. Wondering if we should broach the subject of them returning to our home country where at least they would be able to have prorated medical care .. and our money would go further in helping them with daily life too. I don't know ... I just want to run away and pretend that it is not an issue. But they are getting older and their health is not great and it is just a matter of time until we have the major medical bills ... the medical system here is so unbelievably, ridiculously expensive!! So that is one of my main stressors at the moment. Just heard we have another delay on being able to apply for financing for a house - at least a month more. We were originally told January ... then Feb, then early March, then middle of March - it is hard when the goal keeps on being moved. I know I am whining - but heck, it is my journal and I can write about whatever I like. Got to get it out somewhere!

A dear friend has just had her husband tell her he is done with their marriage! Her little boy is in terror that his mommy is going to leave him too. She is trying to figure out how on earth she is going to live, in a foreign country and still make enough money to live on... my heart is breaking for them!! And I can't do anything except call and tell her she is still a wonderful person. Grrr!

I had a pork chop for breakfast with some sauerkraut. I had nuts for a snack, and an avocado and a piece of cheese for lunch. Nothing much in the refrigerator - need to go shopping this afternoon!

Comment

• 198 lbs today, gradual improvement. At least in the right direction. I did eat some dark chocolate yesterday - managed to keep it to about 6 pieces. Not sure what else I ate - I know an avo and a half, lettuce wrapped burger and beef kabobs, canned peaches and cream, apple and cheese, a few macadamias. I know it was too much, and too much carbs. Just taking tiny baby steps at the moment.

DH and I had a long talk last night about what on earth to do about my parents. I feel like someone who has been walking around with my head in the sand for years ... too afraid to look at the reality of how we are unable to take care of them here in the USA. It would take one trip to the hospital (their health isn't good aside from the possibility of some kind of trauma) to take us all down. None of us has health insurance and even with that there are plenty costs associated with hospital visits. Anyway, long story short, we think it is going to be best to help them get back to South Africa and then at least they have access to much cheaper health care and their money will go further, as will any money we can give them to help out. The exchange rate is 1: 9.3 at the moment - their money just goes nowhere and nor does ours. It is a relief in a way to have an idea of what to do to help them - and yet I am dreading having to tell them that they have to leave. Good thing I can't check my blood pressure at the moment - I am sure it is high, purely stress related. Got into bed last night and could hear the deep roaring sound in my head (sounds like heavy machinery operating just on the edge of my hearing) that I am now realising is related to chronic stress. It is such a relief to have figured out why I am depressed and super stressed. Maybe that is why I am bingeing and unable to lose weight even when not bingeing .... so tired all the time and can barely make it through the day just doing the most basic chores. Once my computer is back I hope to get on skype with my brothers and see if I can get them on board - some of them have done very little at all to help the folks, it has all been on us. Just can't anymore!!

Comment

• I'm sorry you're having this problem, Coll. It is rough having to tell your parents they just can't stay. But you can only do what you can do. Hang in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X